Better than Visa Magic Code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry... I edited that post to hopefully make is clearer :upsidedow

I was kidding! :lmao:

Now, someone answer my question....I get to go to a Clearly marked Executive Aisle now to get at least a Full Size vehicle, correct? Works the same as Emerald Aisle does...if there is a minivan or suv there, I can take it?

Now, someone answer my question....I get to go to a Clearly marked Executive Aisle now to get at least a Full Size vehicle, correct? Works the same as Emerald Aisle does...if there is a minivan or suv there, I can take it?

Yes. And... I beleive you could also take a look at the regular Emerald Aisle and take something from there, if you prefer.

And thanks lilyv for the congrats. I wish I could say it's gotten easier, but it hasnt. Holding on strong though and very determinded. Just sucks that it still sucks lol

Yes, you can take any car from the Executive Aisle.

Like many of you I booked a car using the 67 code. As a member of the Emerald Club I'm pretty confident that I will walk out to the aisle and pick up my car and not be asked any questions. However, I also spent a couple of hours reading through all of the posts on this thread and the insurance part of the discussion has me a little concerned.

I tried the Contract ID 5063773 which I think someone mentioned was from Carlson Travel. This got me a reduced rate better then anything other then the 57 or 67 option and only about 40 dollars more then those two. It does not include insurance.

I wonder if this might be a better route for people to take if they are worried about their own coverage being negated by using the 57 or 67 codes.

Just a thought for the discussion.

Like many of you I booked a car using the 67 code. As a member of the Emerald Club I'm pretty confident that I will walk out to the aisle and pick up my car and not be asked any questions. However, I also spent a couple of hours reading through all of the posts on this thread and the insurance part of the discussion has me a little concerned.

I tried the Contract ID 5063773 which I think someone mentioned was from Carlson Travel. This got me a reduced rate better then anything other then the 57 or 67 option and only about 40 dollars more then those two. It does not include insurance.

I wonder if this might be a better route for people to take if they are worried about their own coverage being negated by using the 57 or 67 codes.

I called my insurance agent (Erie Insurance), and she said my car insurance covers me. That's it. Whether I choose the rental car insurance or not. If I choose their insurance, and I was in an accident, I don't have to notify my insurance and the rental car insurance takes care of everything. My car insurance covers me when I need it, that's why I pay it. If it happens that the car rental insurance won't pay for whatever reason, then my car insurance will take over.
She was very sure about this.
I encourage other people to call their insurance company. She was very sure that all policies would be the same. If the car rental insurance won't cover you saying the insurance wasn't valid... and if your usual car insurance will cover a rental car (some policies don't cover rentals), it would still cover you. It would be the same as if you never accepted insurance at all.

I called my insurance agent (Erie Insurance), and she said my car insurance covers me. That's it. Whether I choose the rental car insurance or not. If I choose their insurance, and I was in an accident, I don't have to notify my insurance and the rental car insurance takes care of everything. My car insurance covers me when I need it, that's why I pay it. If it happens that the car rental insurance won't pay for whatever reason, then my car insurance will take over.
I encourage other people to call their insurance company. She was very sure that all policies would be the same. If the car rental insurance won't cover you saying the insurance wasn't valid... and if your usual car insurance will cover a rental car (some policies don't cover rentals), it would still cover you. It would be the same as if you never accepted insurance at all.
I could use the price break, so I've research this pretty carefully. Everything you say is absolutely true as long as you can prove you're eligible for the rate code and the insurance. You do sign a contract accepting the rate/insurance from National. If they find you're absolutely not eligible for the code/insurance deal after a problem then the claim can be easily denied for (and I wish there was a better word for this because it's kind of harsh) fraud.
Then you're stuck with asking your insurance co to cover-and they will get the audit paperwork from National with the reason for denial. Personally, I would be very surprised if many insurances were happy to step into a situation like that. (They really don't like that harsh word I mentioned.)
As we've said before, it's a matter of personal comfort level. It's not worth it to me to risk a lot of headaches and possible problems with my insurer or credit card.
I keep hoping for a great code open to all. Many of the National offers expire at the end of June, so maybe we'll see some good deals then. Here's hoping!!

Thanks for the info. I completely agree. Unfortunately, where I'm renting from (not WDW or FL) and for the length of time, its still over $1000.

Why are they making this so difficult? I've never had so much trouble finding a VALID code with a decent price. Even the last minute specials have been going up in price every week since I've been watching them. :sad2:

Thanks for the info. I completely agree. Unfortunately, where I'm renting from (not WDW or FL) and for the length of time, its still over $1000.

Why are they making this so difficult? I've never had so much trouble finding a VALID code with a decent price. Even the last minute specials have been going up in price every week since I've been watching them. :sad2:
Splash-I've been looking at codes at Flyertalk, the last few days, especially old ones. Don't know if you have an Amex card, but here's an old Amex that gave me an acceptable rate-no, it's not as good as 57, or 67...but you don't have the insurance worries, either.
You can google
american express national 5125601

See what you think. I have a ressie with it right now. May help you, may not, these seem to vary on location/date and so on. Good luck!

Seems like everything has been covered on the subject of the "67" code, which I used to reserve a car rental from National. Does anyone understand these conflicting terms on my confirmation:

"Your level of service is Emerald Reserve. Please proceed directly to the rental lot and the car class reserved to choose your vehicle."

"Here's what you do to pick up your car:
Counters: Consolidated Alamo/National counters located in terminals A and B on Level One below all airline baggage claim lobbies. "

I have a standard SUV reserved. Do I go to the lot and choose, or do I have to go to the counter? I did make the ressie through my Emerald #.

Splash-I've been looking at codes at Flyertalk, the last few days, especially old ones. Don't know if you have an Amex card, but here's an old Amex that gave me an acceptable rate-no, it's not as good as 57, or 67...but you don't have the insurance worries, either.
You can google
american express national 5125601

See what you think. I have a ressie with it right now. May help you, may not, these seem to vary on location/date and so on. Good luck!

$7500 to rent a car! :rotfl: :rotfl: Thankfully, no Amex card for that wonderful rate. I'm not laughing at you. I'm just laughing at how stupid this all is.

I think they jacked the rates to collect those stimulas checks. Sorry, I don't have kids so I didn't get THAT much money. :rotfl:

I have Erie too:thumbsup2 as it was described to me, while the binder will cover me in the continental US & Canada for rental cars; it is secondary to any coverage i would elect/purchase from the rental car company.

I wonder where the CC insurance goes into effect in this scenario...as whether it's a secondary umbrella type coverage for whatever isn't covered by primary?:confused:

I could use the price break, so I've research this pretty carefully. Everything you say is absolutely true as long as you can prove you're eligible for the rate code and the insurance. You do sign a contract accepting the rate/insurance from National. If they find you're absolutely not eligible for the code/insurance deal after a problem then the claim can be easily denied for (and I wish there was a better word for this because it's kind of harsh) fraud.
Then you're stuck with asking your insurance co to cover-and they will get the audit paperwork from National with the reason for denial. Personally, I would be very surprised if many insurances were happy to step into a situation like that. (They really don't like that harsh word I mentioned.)
As we've said before, it's a matter of personal comfort level. It's not worth it to me to risk a lot of headaches and possible problems with my insurer or credit card.
I keep hoping for a great code open to all. Many of the National offers expire at the end of June, so maybe we'll see some good deals then. Here's hoping!!

Exactly! I work insurance claims and in a prior post I believe I mentioned we handled a commercial car rental agency program which included numerous agencies. I've seen countless declaratory judgment actions on these type of coverage issues. Your personal auto policy will step in if there was good faith by their insured in the rental agreement with the rental agency. I agree harsh is a tough word and perhaps a more proper word is misrepresentation which means that the renter misrepresented that they were eligible for the code and therefore, all terms of the contract are null and void. A personal auto policy has not duty to step if there is misrepresentation. There is lots of case law out there to support this so be cautious taking the work of an insurance agent who does not deal with insurance coverage issues at a claims and legal level on a daily basis. Again, the only time this will be an issue is if there is an accident at which time the rental agency will look for reasons why the claim is not covered, i.e. was a valid code used ergo misrepresentation. Obviously, it is my wish that no one gets involved in an accident and this be a non issue. Everyone has to evaluate this risk and what it is worth to them to save $100 to use a code that is questionable in the event there is an accident in which your assets are possibly exposed as well as the aggravation and dealing with the litigation that will likely ensue. Every time I look at this thread I consider gambling and using this code because it does save a lot of money but my professional experience keeps me at bay. There is still time for me to change my mind though!;)

. I agree harsh is a tough word and perhaps a more proper word is misrepresentation which means that the renter misrepresented that they were eligible for the code and therefore, all terms of the contract are null and void. )

However, I did call National and asked to speak to someone that handled the contract IDs. I told them I wanted to make sure this was a valid code that I was eligible to use. I was given a phone number to the customer service office. When I called I asked them what type of code was this, I also told them that I found it on an internet site and I was not employed nor have done business with the group. I was put on hold while it was checked out, then told it was complimentary code and I could use it. Therefore I don't think I am committing fraud in using this code. Also I kept names, dates, and times of my conversations with National.

So what do you think???

I think you don't have anything to worry about. I don't plan to drive the car much at all. It will spend most of the time sitting in the resort parking lot at the Royal Pacific until dinner and then when we arrive at WDW for the second part of our trip, it will sit in the Animal Kingdom parking lot until we return it to the swan. On the other hand, I can use the $200 we will save and our insurance will cover car rentals so I wouldn't have purchased the insurance. If they say you are covered, and you that the code is a blanket code, I would believe National. They would know better than what we are speculating the code is used for.

However, I did call National and asked to speak to someone that handled the contract IDs. I told them I wanted to make sure this was a valid code that I was eligible to use. I was given a phone number to the customer service office. When I called I asked them what type of code was this, I also told them that I found it on an internet site and I was not employed nor have done business with the group. I was put on hold while it was checked out, then told it was complimentary code and I could use it. Therefore I don't think I am committing fraud in using this code. Also I kept names, dates, and times of my conversations with National.

So what do you think???
My input-the folks who answer the phone don't handle the claims. You have names and phone numbers, National Car Rental will have your signature on a contract that you are an authorized user of the code and the free insurance that is tied to it. We hope there is never a problem, but if there is, misrepresentation that you're authorized to use a code and it's accompanying insurance may be problematic and costly.

I know this sounds a bit snarky, but I think that people should STOP CALLING NATIONAL to verify the code. It has already been verified many, many times. Please do not bring more attention to the code in order to give yourself peace of mind. I am afraid that with all the phone calls it will be reviewed and pulled before the rest of us get to use it!

I know this sounds a bit snarky, but I think that people should STOP CALLING NATIONAL to verify the code. It has already been verified many, many times. Please do not bring more attention to the code in order to give yourself peace of mind. I am afraid that with all the phone calls it will be reviewed and pulled before the rest of us get to use it!

Hmmm.....I think you may be right. I haven't called of course, and feel perfectly fine about using the code but if too many people call, they may take notice. I have until August so shhhh everyone :goodvibes .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter