• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Better pool - POR or POFQ?

HeidiLowe

Mouseketeer
I am thinking of booking one of the PO resorts for our next trip. We will be traveling with 2 boys, who will probably be 5 & 6 when we travel. I'm leaning toward POFQ for the dragon slide, any opinions?

Also, we will probably be driving, how is the parking? Last time we flew so I have no idea how the parking works at the resorts. Is it very far from the lot to the hotel?

Thanks! Heidi.

POR has the better pool area. The dragon slide at POFQ is cute, but very low and small. Also, at POR there is more than one pool, so if the main pool is busy, you can always find a non feature pool that is not. POFQ only has the one pool.

Either resort will have a parking lot near your room. They have lots all around the resorts.:)

I love both resorts, and have stayed at both multiple times. But the pool area at POR is much nicer than the one at POFQ.

I would say the main pool at POR is better because it's the bigger resort. Either resort you stay at, you can use either pool since they are sister resorts. So essentially you can use both! POR also has several quiet pools which we like to utilize.

I've never driven but aside from the parking lot in the front of POR, I did notice a parking lot behind our building in the mansions so I'd imagine there are multiple parking lots based on where you are staying. I don't think that's a problem.

Enjoy!

You know, they're sister resorts so you can use either pool. Since you have a car you could drive to either pool or just follow the walkway.

POR has a better pool though we prefer POFQ overall. POFQ may be better if you have a less adventurous child.

Parking at POFQ is outside Bldgs 3 and 4 but the resort is so small that it's a short walk from any building.

with your age children go with POFQ - they love that silly pool.

you can walk over to the one at POR - if and only if you can get the kids out of POFQ pool.l

my niece refused to leave to go to the MK park.;)

Thanks everyone!

I was leaning toward POFQ just because of the smaller size of the resort, but now I'm on the fence because most of you recommend POR for the pool. Hhmmm, what to do, lol. :rolleyes1

Not only do I like the pool better at POR, but I like the food options, and Bob Jackson at POR.

I liked POR's better, but you can walk between the two. Its quite pretty especially at night with the little lanterns.

My boys vote for the POR pool area. The slide is much better and the pool itself has more water features as well(spouts/sprinklers ect.) Here are a couple of short clips that highlight the pools/slides:

POR:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekfwKJVjru4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeoH1Yqrf-I&NR=1

POFQ:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COFV93ikGVQ&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luhl12D88mU

We have stayed at both and you can't go wrong with either, but our family really did enjoy POR more, and the pool area was a big reason why.

Have fun:goodvibes

You can use both pools so pick the side of the resort you like the best. POR main pool is bigger, but, with small children bigger is not always better.;) My DD was 5 the last time we stayed at POFQ and while we all enjoyed the day we spent at POR's big pool overall the dragon slide at POFQ was a much better fit.

We stayed at POR and my kids wanted to go to the pool at POFQ so we took the boat over there. You can't go wrong with either resort it is pretty easy to get back and forth between them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter