• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Better - May or Feb?

K

kcbean

I am trying to decide if I want to move our trip up from May to Feb. Would appreciate anyone's thoughts. Here are points that I am considering.

1) DCs are out for Feb and wondering if they will be similar in May or if I would save a little money in Feb? Will DCs be similar considering Feb is Value season and May is regular. Any thoughts?

2) Will park hours be the same or will we get more park time in May? I have not found anywhere that publishes the park hours for sure. They are all speculation. So, if park hours are longer in May would we be getting more for our money?

3) If we go in Feb, DS #2 will be 2yo vs May he will be 3yo. Only saving approx $200.00 on park passes. But hey that's $200.00!

4) What are the crowds like in Feb. Will the smaller crowds make up for the possible shorter park hours?

5) The last thing is the reason DH and I started even considering moving up our trip. What is the weather like in Feb? We like the idea of leaving cold Indiana in the middle of winter for sunny warm Florida. It would be the first time we were at WDW in the winter. We have always gone in spring and fall. Last time we were there DS-6yo said he wanted more time in the pool. So, is it warm enough for plenty of pool time. It is hard to think of pool time when it is 20 degrees here now!!

We will be traveling with DSs 6yo, 21/2yo and 5 months. I know this is alot to ask but would really appreciate others ideas. Thanks!

FEBRUARY, FEBRUARY, FEBRUARY!!! We went in May last year and it was soooooooo hot and very crowded. Our February vacations to the world have been comfortable (bring a lite jacket for night time). Even IF the crowds were equal, they feel better in the February climate. None of that over-all "cross" feeling. Anyway, why would you want to wait! February is that much closer to today! Good luck deciding.

The only down side to February is swimming, it may be to cold (average high is about 70). And whatever you do don't go during President's weekend if you can avoid it, very busy at the parks. Blizzard Beach will be closed December 29 until March 1, 2003 for rehab. If you go in the beginning May, I will see you there!

RobinLyn:D

Can't help with the DC discounts. Early & mid-May are pretty quiet though. Memorial Day week, the crowds pick up.

Remember that if park hours are longer, it's only because they anticipate bigger crowds & longer lines. As long as you avoid President's week and Memorial Day week, I'd consider the months of Feb & May to be a toss-up... reasonable, smaller crowds and good weather overall. Feb is probably better for relaxed touring and a break from the cold north. May is probably better if frequent swimming is a prime concern.

The weather in February can be iffy. But the pools are heated and midday swimming is still popular, unless you get an unseasonably cold spell. The possibility of spending full days at the pool or water park or swimming every evening after touring - those can be in question. Depends on your priorities.

The $200 savings on a park pass for DS#2 would make a difference to me. That's a couple nice dinners! Hope you enjoy your trip either way. :)

Just be aware, it will be HOT in May. In the past 3 years we've gone in late May once, and in early May twice. It was 90+ degrees and 90%+ humidity each time.

Summer starts early in Central Florida! :)

In past years there have been discount codes for May, but the rates aren't quite as low as the early February rates. Generally it's the same percentage off the rack rates, but of course Regular season rack rates are a little higher than Value season.

Not sure about park hours in Feb vs. May. Probably similar, but that's a guess.

Parks have not been crowded when we went in May -- we really didn't even need Fastpass.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Thanks everyone for your ideas. Both months seem to have pros and cons. I appreciate everyone's input.:bounce:

I thought it was up to 3 then have pay if 4. I think if 3 years at the time you don't have pay for him. I go the May because you know it will be warm enough to swim to suppose to Feb. Then that just me I like hot weather. I go in August for may vacation.

Longer hours. Hot weather to go swimming. All resturats and shops at least until 11:00p.m. That may kind of vacation. My advise to do which month makes your family happy.

My personal opioion I would not go in Feb. It's just to cold for me. Then again I live in the south. If snows comes down we don't go work or school.

We've gone in Feb for 3 years now and are going last week of Jan 03. We too are from IN and there's nothing like stepping off of a plane to 70 degrees, or driving down and every stop is a little warmer and greener!!!! Keep in mind there are cold spells. Last year was a bit nippy and windy, but as you know even 50 degrees is warm when coming from ice and snow.

Enjoy your time!

Shelby5514:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter