Better life guards at WDW pools or sign that says you must be able to swim to enter?

Per DIS..
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/General..._near-drowning_at_Walt_Disney_World_hotel.htm

Do you think WDW needs to train the life guards better?

Do you think the sign by the pool should add, "if you can not swim, do not go into water above your head" ?
How deep are the pools in a Value (Pop) resort ?
Maybe 5 feet at the maximum area.
How tall is a 13 year old boy ?
Most likely at least 5 feet.

I would think a 13 year old boy at least knows how to tread water and do the doggy paddle.

My DS & DD started swim lessons at age 6.
They are not Olympic swimmers, but they at least could swim 100 yards, float on their back s, tread water, do the crawl and breast stroke.

What a horrible tragic accident. Like many others my first thoughts are with the family, as well as the people who witnessed and tried to help.

Unfortunatley you can not prevent all accidents. As much as we want to "bubble wrap our kids" it just can't be done. With that said you can not make rules to protect from all situations. Sometimes things just happen, no matter what rules, policies are in place, thats why they are called accidents.

To think that policies or rules or BIGGER signs or more rules will make things safer is just not the answer. Sometimes there just are no answers. While it pales in comparison to the the tragedy I think it is unfortunate that the OP suggests that the issue may have been lifeguards (who were not on duty). Even if they were, the best lifeguards can not prevent all tragedies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter