IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1950.jpg

IMG_1957.jpg

IMG_1964.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1970.jpg

IMG_1973.jpg

IMG_1975.jpg

After the show Facilier and Mali are out and I get some more pictures.

IMG_4966.jpg

IMG_4969.jpg

I like the title my new buddy has given Facilier: "the real mayor of Disneyland Paris."

IMG_4971.jpg

IMG_4972.jpg

We head over to Princess Pavillion where we meet Cinderella.

IMG_4974.jpg

IMG_4977.jpg

Chapter 6: part 3

On our way to Meet Mickey too something distracts me at the Alice Labyrinth. Alice and the Hatter. At the tea party back drop, and with some sort of organised line! Huh? :eek: I get my team mate’s attention and we line up. It’s an English speaking Alice this time and she’s extremely nice. A cool Hatter too. They are very excited about the tea party drawing I did and spend a good 5 minutes with us. Thanks to Alice I get to know my new buddy’s name: it’s Christian.

IMG_4978.jpg

IMG_4980.jpg

IMG_4981.jpg

IMG_4982.jpg

IMG_4983.jpg

We go to meet Mickey

IMG_4986.jpg

and aim to head back for the villains when I spot a red cap moving. The cap has a flag on it. The Tweedles. Near the Teacups. Aarrgh!!!

Christian hasn’t seen them and I end up having to yell “STOP!” to get his attention. We join the scrum, the Tweedles like the drawing and Christian gets his pictures.

IMG_4990.jpg

Alice has meanwhile stopped her set and comes over to tell the Tweedles she’s going for tea now.

IMG_4989.jpg

IMG_4992.jpg

It would be my turn now, but now the Tweedles cower in fear behind their handler. Wait, what have I done wrong? Wait… I am in Christmas mode. I am wearing my Jack Skellington hat and not my Tink cap. Are they scared of Jack? :eek: I take the hat off and hide it behind my back. The Tweedles start to bounce and clap. I get my picture, albeit one with serious hat hair.

IMG_4995.jpg

Wait… if there’s characters out here the Stars N Cars characters must be out too. Gaaaah!! I try to get this across to Christian and fail. I do manage to get it across that I have to go. Too bad, I think he would have liked it too.

I make it from Small World gates to the Studio Front Lot in a little over 5 minutes, and I swear I didn’t run… well most of the time. And I only jumped over one stroller too. ;) Plus I actually slowed down to thate this picture of the band:

IMG_4996.jpg

There’s a crowd in the Front Lot. I see beaks. Donald and Daisy. Lilo and Stitch should be in the Front Lot too if the set is on, but at first glance I can’t see them. Maybe they’re near Animagique where the others should be.

I rush through Studio 1 and find the Animagique area full of characters. Rats, rats, rats, where are the rats?!?! The first character I am spotting though is short and red and doesn’t have much of a line. MUSHU!!!! *squeals* De-tour. Mushu doesn’t have a big crowd, he spots the drawing quickly and I get my picture too.

IMG_4997.jpg

The Ratatouille rats are out in front of Animagique and have a large crowd. *puts on serious face and grabs imaginary pitchfork* Let me through to my rats and no one will get hurt!

Some strategic moving later Emile catches sight of my Remy drawing and starts hitting his brother on the shoulder to get his attention. “Thank you Remy, I am glad you like it, that drawing is one of my favourites. And I got you too, Emile.” I pull out the other drawing which leads to both rats simultaneously trying to hug me while they both try to pull me into their respective arms. Rat sandwich! :dance3: They finally decided on a group hug along with some group bouncing that would have made Tigger proud. I get my picture with both and as you can imagine am extremely happy.

IMG_4998.jpg

Now who do I go for next… Ariel had no one with her when I ran for the rats – well I actually almost knocked her over I have to admit… :rolleyes1 but she’s gone now. Mushu has no one either, so I quickly go for him again and get another autograph.

Now where did the Evil Queen go, I thought I just saw that crown… nothing. Mary Poppins and Bert and Snow White and Dopey are on the stairs to the former stage area. As I can’t spot Stitch for the life of me I decide to try for Snow White and Dopey. Not that it will work out with the major mob around them, but I am not in the mood to try for Woody. At the Snow White area a miracle happens. One of the Inventions character handlers is with them. He spots me trying for a while and then decides after the duo has taken a photo with a handicapped kid: “She’s next.” Wait, he’s pointing at me?!? :eek: He helps me getting through. Snow White is very much on the ball and says she remembers me when I prompt her I only have Dopey’s drawing because she signed hers the day before.

IMG_5000.jpg

NOW of course I spy Aladdin and Jasmine a little further away, but the set is over before I make it through the scrum.

For a moment I seriously consider risking waiting if they come back after a short break, I’ve been told it happens from time to time. But I have that brunch reservation and the staff said it’s Princes visiting… maybe Naveen is at DLH.

I hurry over to my brunch and make it only 5 minutes late. I’m back at my new lucky spot at the Dessert buffet. Also they serve champagne again - maybe this is a regular thing now?

IMG_5001.jpg

The first characters I see are Suzy and Perla. Oh dear… does this mean boyfriend’s and my first suspicion that they just moved the Auberge characters is right? :eek:

IMG_5002.jpg

At least I am really, really lucky – just when the two are about two leave Cinderella and Prince Charming show up and a CM that knows me meanwhile (she always volunteers to take pictures and has just taken the one with the mice) is on the ball and asks them if I can get a group shot. Yay!!!

IMG_5003_neu.jpg

Cinderella also allows me a solo shot with Charming.

IMG_5004.jpg

Chapter 6: part 4

Poor Charming is a little at a loss when I ask him to sign a picture.

IMG_5005.jpg

If you are watching Supernatural: please tell me I am not going mad and the Prince does indeed look like a younger version of the actor portraying Castiel!

The food is absolutely stunning. Almost as good as the Halloween brunch. They have replaced some dishes, but brought others out instead. There’s still a slight issue with labelling though. The kid sitting next to me is not quite impressed when the cheese in “speck and cheese” turns out to be goat’s cheese.

Starters:

starter1.jpg

starter2.jpg

starter3.jpg

starter4.jpg

starter5.jpg

starter6.jpg

salads.jpg

saefood.jpg

Have you spotted the forgotten pumpkins? ;)

Main courses:

main1.jpg

main2.jpg

main3.jpg

main4.jpg

main5.jpg

main7.jpg

main8.jpg

kids.jpg

And desserts:

dessert1.jpg

dessert2.jpg

dessert3.jpg

dessert4.jpg

Those were so delicious.

dessert5.jpg

dessert6.jpg

Princess Minnie and Mickey arrive next. I get to meet Minnie first.

IMG_5028.jpg

Chapter 6: part 5

When it’s Mickey’s turn Chip shows up (not in the cute costume from Valentine’s Day… boo!) and I end up with a double photo because he and Mickey can’t quite agree who gets to go first. :rolleyes1

IMG_5031.jpg

Okay, I guess that answers the question if this is Auberge reloaded – it is. Despite what both Inventions staff and reservation hotline were telling people Charming and Mickey are the only princes attending. It’s not that the Brunch is bad, but I feel quite cheated.

I leave after meeting Dale.

IMG_5034.jpg

Pluto is around too, but he doesn’t wear a special costume. And with the weather apparently being good enough to have more characters out... sorry Pluto, but I will go hunting.

In the lobby I bump into Eeyore.

IMG_5037.jpg

Leaving early gets me through in time just before the Princess Pavillion closes and I finally meet Belle.

IMG_5039.jpg

IMG_5041.jpg

Off to Pueblo, but I am sidetracked when I spot Jack Sparrow, this time on the stage they used for the Peter Pan show. A lot of kids around so I don’t really think my chances are high. But Jack stuns me and pulls me out of the crowd – attracted and intrigued by “the sparkly things”. My pin lanyard. And so we learn: when we go hunting for pirates don’t forget the sparkly stuff.

IMG_5042.jpg

Pueblo is closed. So much for making the effort to go. ;)

Back to the DLH for the Magical Moment. Maybe I shouldn’t have bothered… just like Sunday in July it’s the special brunch guests plus the standard cast: Cinderella, Charming, Suzy, Perla, Mickey, Minnie and again for some reason Pinocchio.

IMG_1989.jpg

IMG_2004.jpg

IMG_2005.jpg

IMG_2014.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2045.jpg

IMG_2049.jpg

IMG_2053.jpg

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2075.jpg

IMG_2081.jpg

Hmm… let’s see if I can get my Bella Notte spot for the parade. And indeed I can although it’s only 20 minutes out. Thankfully this time the parade comes down from Small World.

IMG_2095.jpg

IMG_2098.jpg

IMG_2101.jpg

IMG_2105.jpg

IMG_2122.jpg

Chapter 6: part 6

IMG_2129.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

IMG_2146.jpg

IMG_2155.jpg

IMG_2171.jpg

IMG_2176.jpg

IMG_2178.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

IMG_2201.jpg

IMG_2207.jpg

IMG_2223.jpg

The really annoying thing? Three people filming with iPads were stretching the rope to the limit. There was areally one big dent of at least 25 people standing half way in the parade route. I seriously expected them to get run over. Did a CM intervene? I guess you can answer that question yourself.

The villains were out late the day before. It’s not that late yet and it’s their last day. Let’s try again. Last time I will see most of them for almost a year.

Yay – the Hag is out again! She’s a walker too, but eventually stops in front of the balcony. Again people push in… she tolerates it with the smaller kids. But when a teenager tries she turns around to give a banshee scream at the girl in question and goes after her! The girl screams in utter panic and runs off, with the Hag giving chase! The girl tackles her companion using her as a shield and finally jumps in the flower beds! The Hag cackles madly, accompanied by some demented seal clapping – aka applause - from yours truly. Go Hag go! :dance3:

For the rest of her set the girl stays in the flower bed. She tries to get off several times, but each time the Hag turns around, gives another scream and the girl is hiding behind her friend again. I think I have just fallen in love! :flower3:

IMG_5043.jpg

One ride on Small World later I find Suzy and Perla out near the Tea Cups. Is it full moon?

IMG_5044.jpg

IMG_5045.jpg

After another ride on Phantom Manor

IMG_5047.jpg

I check Mr Jack’s meet and greet

IMG_5046.jpg

and Sally is with him this time.

IMG_5048.jpg

I decide to make Buzz my last official ride of the trip and get another new high score – not quite as good as my new record, but with 432800 still impressive.

Some more pin trading in World of Disney and Disney Store later it’s off to the hotel. I’m heading out tomorrow morning, I need to pack.

Chapter 6 (November 5): I’ll be home for Christmas

Okay, maybe “I’ll come home from Christmas” is more correct. The hotels have switched to full fledged Christmas mode. DLH even has the nice big bauble with Stitch out already.

IMG_5054.jpg

IMG_5056.jpg

IMG_5059.jpg

No interesting characters at any photo stops, not even when I track to Newport Bay. Which I admit wasn’t the best idea I ever had, I have a devil of a time getting back out due to the enormous lines for breakfast which are all in the stairway going down to the back exit. :crowded:

IMG_5057.jpg

The munkies are out at DLH at 10 AM, sounds like a nice last character meet. I’m planning to head over for EMH quickly… only to realize EMH is in the Studios this morning. D’Oh! :blush:

IMG_5066.jpg

A quick walk through reveals no characters, but a queue for the Studios Tour that goes back almost to the doors of the Front Lot. Did I miss an update or something?

IMG_5063.jpg

I turn to go back for my munkies Meet and Greet when I spot brown fur in the Front Lot. Munkies! Outside! Oh my god, when did that happen last? :faint: I jump into the melee, I so need a memento of that. Actually the whole meet goes surprisingly fast, I’m probably not the only one who missed the memo about Studio EMH.

IMG_5060.jpg

IMG_5061.jpg

I still have a little time and head into Disneyland Park, maybe I have luck with some random characters again. I seem to have used all my luck on the weekend though, nothing. The Central Plaza Pavillion is barricaded off, looks like they are either taking down the ghosts or putting the tree up. Possibly the latter as no one has bothered to remove the pumpkin on the castle stage.

IMG_5067.jpg

IMG_5068.jpg

Back to the hotel… problem. RER not coming. Eeek. Thank god I left enough time. I get the bags and again the train stops on the way, twice. You know, this is the Disneyland train – some non-French announcements would be nice! :sad1: Thank god I left plenty of time. RER finally goes into Paris, no problems with Metro. Train home actually leaves 2 minutes early. Now that’s a first too.

And that concludes my trip report. Not sure if I successfully lost everyone, but going from the hits for this topic I guess there are at least some readers lurking somewhere. ;)

I'll be back just in time before Christmas with a quick trip for the "Once Upon a Time in Disneyland Paris" Christmas pin event. That report probably won't be as picture heavy as this, but I promise I will be doing my best.

Tha k you for such a detailed report, really enjoyed reading it! I can't believe how many characters you met! Sounds like you got some really good character interaction too. The inventions Sunday brunch looks great, we are booked for the Xmas one on Sunday 23rd but is such a lot of money as there's five of us, I was considering cancelling it. Looks like its worth it though? :santa:

Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed reading.

The inventions Sunday brunch looks great, we are booked for the Xmas one on Sunday 23rd but is such a lot of money as there's five of us, I was considering cancelling it. Looks like its worth it though? :santa:

I have yet to do the Christmas one - missing it by a week this time... grrrr - but yes, the special brunches I have done have always been worth it. They really go all out there. Plus they gave us a free Vinylmation, that eases the pain a little. ;)

Thanks for answering my questions, Vala. It was luck really that we decided to go for valentines, I had planned it before our previous trip and then started secretly planting the idea in my OH's head whilst we were there... He then suggested it to me so he thought it was his idea!! This time we are taking my sister for her first visit and my OH's parents. We were going to do inventions on my birthday (13th) but I think we'll do it on 14th, the chances of better characters is a little bit higher then. Unfortunately we arrive Sunday at about 10pm and leave Saturday morning so we will miss the Brunch!

Thanks for answering my questions, Vala. It was luck really that we decided to go for valentines, I had planned it before our previous trip and then started secretly planting the idea in my OH's head whilst we were there... He then suggested it to me so he thought it was his idea!! This time we are taking my sister for her first visit and my OH's parents. We were going to do inventions on my birthday (13th) but I think we'll do it on 14th, the chances of better characters is a little bit higher then. Unfortunately we arrive Sunday at about 10pm and leave Saturday morning so we will miss the Brunch!

Smart thinking. ;)

You may have a character brunch on the 14th actually, sometimes they do it on the actual day.

Just getting around to reading this TR ;).

Loving the photos - I still can't believe the sheer amount of characters you saw - lucky thing :goodvibes.

As usual, your TR is fab to read btw :).

I know this is a very old report but I was searching for TRs of the Halloween party!
I can't believe how many characters you met! It must be a record! Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter