Better deal through travel agent?

DisneyGuy

DIS Veteran
I've always booked my resort through Disney - with whatever discount they have at the moment. I'm planning a September/October trip and the discounts aren't out yet but I was wondering if you can get better rates through a travel agent? I just requested a quote from a local travel agent and I think I remember reading that you sometimes can get better rates - but is that true? is it worth checking with a local travel agent?

Discounts haven't come out yet for Fall as you say. I wouldn't book with any TA that isn't specialized in Disney. Best to use an online agency that is a certified Disney Vacation Planner. The web site will have the Mickey Ears logo.
Local agencies know very little about booking WDW.
Specialized TA will know the moment new discounts are released, and will automatically apply the discount to your res.

Booked with a TA for the first time for our upcoming October trip. Our Fall Break switched to Columbus week this year, so no chance at free dining. Got a killer deal, though, so it's all good!

Yes, sometimes I have gotten a better deal with a travel agent. One December especially when I wanted a value resort and could not get one directly I was able to get one through a travel agent.

I got a better deal from Dreams Unlimited for my spring break trip next week. Not only was the price slightly lower, they had availability during dates that weren't available directly through Disney.

I sent requests to a few different TA's and I'm waiting for some responses. Thanks everyone!

We are first timers and used an agent. We are going in November and so far it's been great. I don't think necessarily they are able to get better prices, but having them as a go-to for applying discounts and wealth of knowledge is a great option.

We just booked through Orbitz instead of Disney and got a better deal. Probably won't book with Disney anymore if everything goes smoothly. Also, they had rooms available that were not available looking at the Disney web site.

The sponsor of these board, Dreams Unlimited, makes it a point to review all reservations they've made whenever a new discount comes out. If they find something good they will let you know and help you save the money.

Most TA's don't have lower prices, although they do monitor the discounts to make sure you can get the best discount available.

Orbitz often has lower prices than booking through Disney, since you can stack their 15-20% discounts on top of Disney's discounts. I don't think any travel agencies -- other than the "magical" on -- can beat their price, typically.

I booked through Orbitz for our upcoming trip. We were able to book at WL for much less than any other offer. Not only can you stack Orbitz's discount on top of Disney's, you can get a little extra money back by using Ebates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter