Better Deal: Minnie Van or Uber XL?

lostatdisney

Mouseketeer
Our family of 6 adults will be at Disney next week for just four days. Because our trip is so short, we are planning to take an uber to the parks in the morning so we don't waste time waiting for a bus. Which is more ecomonical? We will need an uber XL because there are six of us. Would a Minnie Van be cheaper or the same cost?

Minnie Vans are $25 per trip, onsite only. I think XL would be a little less expensive, but availability might be more important. I would check MinnieVan availability on the Lyft app and check UberXL availability at the same time. It's possible that one would be nearby and the other wouldn't.

If you go offsite for shopping or dinner, XL is the way to go.

We are at BLT. Wanted to use a Minnie can go to water parks. Three adults,two kids...need car seats. Was told we'd have to use TWO vans. They only carry 5 people and if you need car seats, that cuts the number down to only fitting 4.

It's bad enough not to have a direct bus, but to pay $100 plus til RT in ridiculous. So now DDIL,DGS and I will use the van, DS will use lyft car for $8.

We are at BLT. Wanted to use a Minnie can go to water parks. Three adults,two kids...need car seats. Was told we'd have to use TWO vans. They only carry 5 people and if you need car seats, that cuts the number down to only fitting 4.

It's bad enough not to have a direct bus, but to pay $100 plus til RT in ridiculous. So now DDIL,DGS and I will use the van, DS will use lyft car for $8.
I think you got some bad information. The MVs carry one passenger in the front, 2 car seats in the second row, and 3 adults in the back -- a total of six passengers.

Also, if your DS is younger than 18, he will not be allowed to ride unaccompanied in a Lyft or Uber vehicle.

I think you got some bad information. The MVs carry one passenger in the front, 2 car seats in the second row, and 3 adults in the back -- a total of six passengers.

Also, if your DS is younger than 18, he will not be allowed to ride unaccompanied in a Lyft or Uber vehicle.

I just looked on the website and it does say 6. The CM conferred with another CM and he also said we'd need two.

Think I'm going to make another trip downstairs.

I went back down. Brought the page of the website which it says six guests.

Manager happen to be therethere, yes we would fit. It makes me upset, they were having me get two vans........gerrrrr

Side complaint, why are they cleaning the hallway rugs at 10 P.M.????? I saw them down the hall and thought some kind of spill needed to be taken care of......nope, by the time I came back, he had worked his way down toward our room.

If you do not need a car seat XL is cheaper. If you need a car seat, Minnie Van is within $2-$3, or even cheaper, in some trips.
See some comparisons I did recently (though the route the app selected to MK is strange, it's close enough to get an idea)

37b49ebb-cc5e-4522-9407-a63222bf2c92.png
0856db58-1d2b-49d1-8713-3708b10a2bc2.png
ceec306c-b4ce-4d85-a90d-f63391e0dad9.png
9cbe7f94-2199-48a6-a96e-baa418f124a3.png
ccf0f0ca-1f50-4a11-988c-cdb830996977.png
d2c0d190-10cf-43d7-951a-c40a76c9f2f9.png

Thank you @AngiTN ! I’ve been going back and forth for our August trip on using Uber xl vs Minnie van. We have two adults four kids with one kid needing a car seat and Minnie van isn’t too outrageous for us it seems. Last year we used a taxi at bell hop with a car seat and Poly to typhoon was $26 with tip.

Thanks for this post! We have an early ressie and I don't want to worry about the bus getting us there on time. There are 5 of us. 2 adults, 1 10 y/o child and then we would need 2 car seats. Both can be forward facing.

Are the car seats 5 point harness and "preinstalled" in the car?

Thanks for this post! We have an early ressie and I don't want to worry about the bus getting us there on time. There are 5 of us. 2 adults, 1 10 y/o child and then we would need 2 car seats. Both can be forward facing.

Are the car seats 5 point harness and "preinstalled" in the car?
No, the car seats are not preinstalled in the car. They only install them when needed, otherwise, it's wasted seats, since no one but a child could use the seat space.
They are 5 point harness seats. Graco, though I forget the model. A google search would tell you. All Minnie Vans have 2 identical seats.

Please keep in mind you can always type into the uber or lyft app (I prefer lyft), and an estimated fare will appear prior to you having to commit to the ride.

Please keep in mind you can always type into the uber or lyft app (I prefer lyft), and an estimated fare will appear prior to you having to commit to the ride.
Which is how I got the price estimates shown above
For what it's worth, to those comparing, Lyft does not provide a car seat option, so has no true equal to Minnie Van

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter