Better chance on waitlist for studio at Beach Club of Grand Floridan?

Salf777

Mouseketeer
looking to get a weekend away in Nov or Dec and ever studio is booked every where. Do you think I have a better chance for a waitlist at Beach Club or Grand Floridan?

That's a tough one, but VGF has more studios than BCV. Why not waitlist both?

IMO, your best chance would be SSR or AKV- Kidani savanna view
Just asking why Kidani over Jambo? Think chances Are better at Kidani? Any chance at Jambo? Not familiar with these 2

Since you can only waitlist one category, you need to consider which category is going to have more potential rooms. VGF has lots of studios now, but you've got five different categories. Kidani has lots of studios and only two categories.

As PP said Kidani has the most studios and therefore the best chance IMO of getting a waitlist, I would go for this,
Good luck

Based on sheer inventory, Poly Standard View has the most rooms available, followed by SSR standard view, and OKW. If you really want to go at that time, I wouldn't target VGF or Beach Club personally. These are still 2 of the hardest resorts to get, and are resorts that I would imagine are popular for waitlists as well, especially for studios, putting you far down a possible waitlist.

If you're locked into those 2 options, I guess I'd go VGF standard view resort studio and Beach Club as your two waitlists

When you say Nov or Dec 2022, be aware that you are now for most of that time 60 days or less out, which means that you are now competing not just with other members but also DVD for any rooms that become available, since DVD can rent any rooms still available at 60 days or less out from any given arrival date. Also, that time of year is generally an extremely high DVC demand time.

The usual better probability of getting a room via waitlist is: (a) one in which the number of total rooms in the booking category are high, creating a better probability of someone cancelling a room; (b) one that is not considered a near park resort such as the MK and Epcot resorts. As a result, for any studios, SSR will likely have the highest chance, to the extent any chance exists, of getting a studio, with OKW second. And though you can create two waitlists, your best chance would likely be the put both of those into SSR, one for the "standard" booking category and one for the "preferred." Kidani savanna view would be third best behind SSR and OKW. BCV is way down near the bottom of the list of best chances. That was also true of VGF before it added an additional building with a large number of "Resort Studios," a fact which now makes those a somewhat better chance (although not clear which "view" of Resort Studio the better chance would be in), and that chance should not be considered high, but probably near the same chances that exist for Poly standard view, BLT lake view, or BWV pool/garden view studios.

I wouldn’t rely on waitlisting alone - waitlist & check the RAT several times a day for every studio at every DVC resort for every weekend you’re interested in. Even then you may not succeed. Good luck.

I'd start with Poly standard and Kidani savanna if you'd be OK with those. It's just math.

And stalking can be even better.

Other strategy would be SSR or OKW, whatever the most inventory is. If people get their waitlists, those are the rooms they are dropping.

Depends on what you're wanting in a VGF studio.

If okay with the new resort studios which have a makeshift food prep area, you'll have a much better chance than if you want the deluxe studio in original VGF. For one thing, there are lots more of the new resort studios, as you may know.

The deluxe studios in "original VGF" have a kitchenette that has a sink and mini-fridge. The resort studios only have a Keurig, not the basket-filter coffeemaker--if that matters to you.

There's no food storage space at all in the door of the "beverage cooler" in the new resort studios either, so much more limited food storage.

I wouldn’t rely on waitlisting alone - waitlist & check the RAT several times a day for every studio at every DVC resort for every weekend you’re interested in. Even then you may not succeed. Good luck.
Out of curiosity what is RAT?

Waitlist a likely one to get SSR OKW Poly. Stalk for the others. If your waitlist fills, just create another one for the one you really want.

I suggest looking at over 31 days out. You can get people who have been holding onto a reservation being forced to make a final decision and cancelling their trip right before the 31 day window so they don't go into holding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter