Better Chance of getting studio or 2 bedroom for Nov. 2012

suzdisneyfan

Mouseketeer
I have a 1 bedroom booked at BLT for Nov. 10th 2012, and now my daughter's friend would like to join us. Of course, there are no 2 bedrooms available anywhere for that date now. Do I have a better chance to waitlist a 2 bedroom or a studio? And if by some miracle a studio with the same view as the 1 bedroom I already have booked became available, could that be connected to the 1 bedroom to make it a 2 bedroom? Or is there basically no hope for anything to become available at this late date?

Never say never but I would say the odds are slim. When there is nothing available, best chances for waitlist success are always SSR, OKW and AKV. Not only are those the largest resorts but I daresay they are probably the three least sought-after at WDW. Realistically there could be dozens of guests with confirmed reservations at SSR, OKW and AKV who are on the waitlist ahead of you for BLT.

If you did get a Studio off the waitlist, no they will not combine with a 1B and charge you 2B points.

With 50 years of trips ahead, I would probably bite the bullet and waitlist SSR and OKW 2B. One of those two is almost guaranteed to come through. There will always be other opportunities to stay at BLT....not so many chances for your daughter to share a trip with a friend. Just make sure the friend is truly committed first.

Good luck.

Never say never but I would say the odds are slim. When there is nothing available, best chances for waitlist success are always SSR, OKW and AKV. Not only are those the largest resorts but I daresay they are probably the three least sought-after at WDW. Realistically there could be dozens of guests with confirmed reservations at SSR, OKW and AKV who are on the waitlist ahead of you for BLT.

If you did get a Studio off the waitlist, no they will not combine with a 1B and charge you 2B points.

With 50 years of trips ahead, I would probably bite the bullet and waitlist SSR and OKW 2B. One of those two is almost guaranteed to come through. There will always be other opportunities to stay at BLT....not so many chances for your daughter to share a trip with a friend. Just make sure the friend is truly committed first.

Good luck.

Thank you. You are so right about being able to stay at BLT other trips, but being able to share a trip with a friend is something they will never forget.

Be careful with the waitlist. If you put in for a studio on the same date as you already have the 1bd; they would cancel the 1bd and give you the studio instead.

I had a waitlist that came through, but they cancelled the rest of my vacation. :scared1: Not good! Luckily I checked and rectified it. Never received an email.

Good luck.

I agree with the opportunity at SSR & OKW. It has come through for us many times & we do enjoy staying there. The kids can go off to DTD, go to a movie, get a snack there. popcorn:: My kids enjoy it very much--walking over even. As much as I love BLT, I think SSR & OKW offer a lot by being so close to DTD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter