Better bring coffee to BLT if you are a coffee drinker

Throughout the year I have my husband bring home the 2-cup filter packages that come with his room in nicer hotels - these tend to be better coffee brands. I keep them in the pantry to take with us when we go to WDW and we never have to pay for coffee when there.

We went Home to BCV in December and still received 2 packets on Check in & on T/T day. I always take Maxwell House Filter packs.

You are supposed to get coffee, soap and other supplies on trash an towel days. It is in the member book. Call and ask for it. Sometimes they will give you a hard time, but just explain the policy to them and demand it. After we told hem we were entitled to it they sent up an entire package. This happened at the Grand Cal as well as the BLT. The other resorts seem to do a good job on T&T day.

Pete

I always bring my own coffee (Dunkin Donuts) and filters. WDW coffee is just BLECK!!!!

I agree. It also tastes better if you use filtered or bottled water to make coffee. The tap water tastes....well....not good.

We recieved one at Kidani in Dec and we never got a new one on T&T day but then we also had to call and beg for more toilet paper as well. We were told they don't normally give you more is that true?

We always use bottled water to make our coffee also at home and on vacation. It makes a huge difference!

We recieved one at Kidani in Dec and we never got a new one on T&T day but then we also had to call and beg for more toilet paper as well. We were told they don't normally give you more is that true?
We've always (20+ trips) received more coffee and toilet paper on T&T day! This trip only one coffee each time, when it's usually been 2 every time in a 2BR, and 4 in a GV. I think Disney's cutting back!

Last year we only got 1 package of coffee at SSR, AKV and BLT... if people ever got more than one it was a bonus but not to be expected. We never used the coffee packets however -- we bring our own being that we are somewhat of a coffee snob family :lmao:

I also pack those new Purex 3 in 1 laundry sheets, they are great to take in a suitcase! :thumbsup2

How well do they work? Scented or unscented? Any insight you could provide would help we were thinking of starting to use these less room to take up in the OL.:goodvibes

How well do they work? Scented or unscented? Any insight you could provide would help we were thinking of starting to use these less room to take up in the OL.:goodvibes

I thought they worked great. I prefer the scented, because it turns into a dryer sheet after going through the wash & I like my clothes to smell purty. ;)

I used the Purex 3 in 1 laundry sheets for the last 2 trips. They worked fine. I leave them right in my suitcase for future trips.

Someone already mentioned it. But the starbucks instant is actually quite good. I'm somewhat of a coffee snob as I dont even like the DD brand much. I think their quality has degraded a lot in the past few years. For me, Starbucks, Peetes, and even Green Mountain...

What kind do they use at WDW resorts? Sorry to hijack the thread, but someone mentioned a Poly coffee shop, are there any other decent shops within the parks?

We just left BLT, and I was actually just telling my wife that it was really convenient being able to walk to Contemporary Grounds. They make a great ice coffee, which is all I drink, so it was great. She used the maker in the room a couple times, but I had to take a stroll for my java...

I have been known to buy vinegar when I do my grocery run to clean the coffee pot. I do it at home every 6 weeks or so. Just tastes better. Also the Purex 3 in 1, I have used both unsented ( when my 2 small grandsons came) and the regular scented ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter