Better Bidding....

avic77

Fish out of water
Anyone else find that forum extremly rude? :mad: or is it just me...maybe i rub that moderator the wrong way or something :confused3

I was looking at a condo on Hotwire and couldnt figure out which one it was by their list so i asked for clarification. The response i got was: "Are you ready to commit to your stay?" Om well why else would i be asking? :confused:

The moderators at Better Bidding and Bidding For Travel (well, kinda, it's improved since Sheryl stopped participating as much... but at the same time, there's only a fraction of reported bids now that she's no longer there) just don't want people wasting their time.

While I post at those forums from time-to-time, I use them mainly for reference. Keep in mind that the boards' admin make money off the commission referrals (amazing-bargains, etc.) -- and rightly so perhaps. They're no in business to get you the best deal, but rather the best deal on Priceline or Hotwire. For example, three years ago I posted that the Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort had a direct rate of $35, and one could add two breakfast buffets for $5 (which was BOGO at the time) and upgrade to a Disney view for $5 at the time of booking... meanwhile, people were bidding on it for $45+Priceline fees, also getting other hotels. Sheryl deleted the posting proclaiming that if people started booking that rate, her bids in Disney would plunge taking away revenue from the site & making it difficult for her to operate it (which I don't believe anyway). I deleted my original account over. Food for thought, so to say.

So they are not really a forum but actually a business the refers people to Hotwire and Pricline therefore making commision on thier referrals...you would think they would be more polite... I sure as heck wont use their referral link with that type of attitude. Rather pay full rack rate prices.

Actually the moderators on bidding for travel are much worse then the guy on Better Bidding. I understand why he asks if you are ready to commit. I am sure they get lots of help requests and no one ever follows up or uses it..

I have had troubles too but here is the reason they asked you "are you ready to commit"

If you said "yes, I'm going to bid now" They will actually sit there with you and work through the process with you. They don't want to waste time on someone that isn't serious.

You give them all the info, what places you want, what you don't want, your highest amount you are willing to spend, your lowest star rating acceptable etc and they will tell you exactly what to do to get the place/price you want.

Sure, it doesn't work all the time but they have it down to a science.

I use their site to just find the hotels that are in a particular category so I can be sure I want it. For instance, I look at the list for "4 star, river north, chicago area" so that I can get a feel for locations and brand names of those hotels. I might have to downgrade to a 3 star for the price I want so I make sure that all the 3 stars are ok for what I want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter