Beth's WW Journey. (Comments Welcome)

Beth -

You should be so proud of how far you have come and how you have handled the obstacles thrown your way. You are a great person...your support and kindness on these boards is certainly appreciated. I can't imagine how tough it was to receive that letter, but I think you are taking the right approach. I wish you and your family the best. Hang in there...we're all here for you.

Glad to see you made progress yesterday and I hope today is an even better one for you :)

Beth, I know I don't log on regularly, but I do go back and catch up.

I am so sorry and my heartfelt thoughts go to you.

If you are not ready to forgive, then that is the way it is. I am sorry you had to re-feel some of that terrible time by this man's letter. It is his actions that caused his current problems. To 'whine' to you is pretty low, even if he thought he was doing something positive.

You are strong, for you have proven it by getting back into the reality that you need to be in and that your family needs you to be in. Thank you for opening up to us and I will hold your trust with kindness and care.

You are doing what you need to do, and that is what matters. Take care of you and yours. With your desire to be the best, you are doing great and will be the very best.

My warmest and most supportive thoughts, today and every day.

Wendy

Beth, I am so sorry you are going through this. The circumstances of what you have been through are something no one should have to experience. I agree, this guy is obviously in AA. Right now you need to think about yourself, your dh and your daughter. This guy is on his own. In the end, someone that selfish to text while driving (kids do this which is bad enough, he was old enough to know better) is probably never going to get it. You cannot forgive what isn't acknowledged by him.

That is a very good idea that you made the extra appt. with your therapist. I am so glad you shared with us what you are going through. Because that is what WISH is for! I know that I have unloaded a fair amount on this board and you are always there for me. I have come to really admire your strength and am so thankful for your support and friendship. I am glad I can be there for you too, even if only to say this idiot needs to keep his letters to himself from now on. Perhaps any other letters should just be returned to him unopened.

And I must say, I drove next to a young guy last Friday for quite some time who was clearly texting away the whole time. Made me mad then, makes me furious now. Hang in there and great job being so strong and getting right back on program. :grouphug:

Hi Beth :hug:

Just thinking about you today and hoping you are doing well. If you get a chance, stop in here and let us know how you are feeling.

Here's hoping you have a nice Friday and a lovely weekend! :sunny:

Beth -- Just want you to know I am thinking of you. Sending you a :hug: and best WISHes for a wonderful weekend. :flower3:

Hi Beth, I haven't been visiting the WISH journals much lately, but your title caught my eye, because I recently joined WW. I scanned thru some posts, then decided to go to the most recent and work backwards.

I am so sorry to hear what you've been through, but you seem so strong and positive, that you'll get past this upsetting time also. You have to make yourself your number 1 priority, along with your family. Keep the faith and continue to post. You have many friends on the Wish boards! Denise

:hug: Everyone.

Thank you so much for your support. I am doing much better. It helped going back to work. I needed to be busy. Yesterday, I did ok as far as food. I didn't even step foot in the house until 9pm, and I went straight to bed. Today, I managed to make it home by 8pm. I just wanted to pop in to let you guys know that I am ok.

Tomorrow, Kate dances in a local parade. We have to be there at 7AM. DH will take her to her cultural school immediately after. I will head to WW. I have really thought about ditching, but I think I need the meeting more than ever. I will then go to the gym for a workout. After that, the laundry calls. I will round on journals tomorrow.

I am off to bed.

Thank you again,
Beth

Oh Beth. I am SO sorry for all of this. :hug: I don't know about anyone else, but I feel exactly the same as you. I am also a Christian, but forgiveness? Nope. Not yet. :sad2:

You are a STRONG, STRONG woman. I've "known" you for a very short time, but I feel your strength. Don't let that man "win". I know it's hard for you, but by forcing yourself to get out of bed & be with the ones you love & the ones that love you.....that shows that YOU won't let him "win".

That took big you-know-whats for him to write you that letter. MAN. It gets ME mad and I'm an outsider. I can't imagine what you're going through. Any time you need someone, please contact me. :hug:

And one more thing. What an extremely brave thing you did by opening your heart to us here. I admit I'm not great about following cell phone laws while driving (not texting - wouldn't even know how to do that). Your story has changed my mindset. I won't ever use my phone while driving again. So, THANK YOU.

Stay strong. :love:

Beth-i completely agree with kim..i started to type my response, and realized i should just quote kim--she said what i was thinkng..
You are a strong woman--hang ini there

If you need anything, please PM me

Thanks guys,

Well, last night was rough. Kate had a nose bleed in the middle of the night. It looked like a murder took place in her room. We were up from about 3-4AM. Then we had to be up at 630 to get ready for the parade. he kids did an awesome job. The only problem was that it was 38 degrees, and their costumes are not meant for winter weather. After the parade, I went to WW. I am up 0.4, but it was my first time wearing jeans, so I am not too concerned. Actually, I am rather amazed it wasent 5.4.;) Headed to the laundromat to do the bedding. Worked out, did some grocery shopping, amd made dinner. After putting munchkin to bed, I walked the dog. I am feeling much better. It is still a bit cloudy on the horizon, but at least the sun is peeking through.

I am so sorry that I did not make it to journals today. I have catching up to do tomorrow.

Off to bed,
Beth

Oh Beth i'm so sorry to hear what you you have been (& going) through :hug:
I'm glad your trying to get through this, and you will, it just takes time :hug:
WW WI was great, not really a gain at all! And you wore your jeans :goodvibes
My DD used to suffer from terrible nose bleeds, turned out to be hayfever!
Hope your DD is ok now, the parade sounded great you must be so proud of your DD :goodvibes
Take care Beth, take time & look after yourself :flower3:

Hi All,

Today was blah. DD is sick. It figures she'd catch my cold. She asked to go to bed at 7PM, so you know she's not feeling well. My mood is a bit improved. I have actually been OP today. I actually stuck to my plan.

My DH is having a really hard time right now. He is what I call a fixer. It stresses him out when he can't fix things, or me. He is very frustrated that I have slipped. That has increased the tension in the house quite a bit.

I work tomorrow, and I have healthy snacks and lunch ready. If Kate goes to school, she can go to dance class. I also want to get at least a walk in. I am also going to call my doc. It is time for a physical. I want to do a complete set of bloodwork including hormone levels.

I hope everyone has a nice week. I will check in whenever I can.

Take care,
Beth

Hang in there Beth...it's been a tough few days for you, but it's nice to see your optimistic outlook :)

Hope this week is good to you!

:hug: Beth!!! You are such a courageous woman. You give me inspiration girl! Hang in there. Great job staying OP...that is HUGE!!!

I hope your DD feels better! No fun for anyone being sick...but especially when it's the kids :(.

I hope this week brings some brighter skies your way :sunny:. Keep us posted as to how you're doing. You've been in my thoughts a bunch!

Hi Beth, I am glad you are feeling better. And really proud of you for going to WW on Saturday. I know from experience that going the weeks you don't anticipate a loss are the hardest but most important! So good job. And that .4 is the jeans, so you in fact did extremely well! My dd also used to get those nosebleeds, I would freak me out when I'd go in to her room and see all the blood! And she had one at school one time that literally made one of the TA's pass out! They did stop eventually, hope your dd doesn't get anymore of them.

I think it is sweet your dh gets unnerved when you experience a slip up. That shows he cares. But it sounds like you are on the mend and I hope you do know how much we all care about you! Just keep on truckin Beth, you are doing so great and an inspiration to us all!:)

:hug:

Hey girl. Just checking in to wish you a good week and beautiful weather. That's what helps me through the rough times....

Take care. :hug:

(and great job on the weigh in :thumbsup2 )

Hi guys,

I'm still hanging in there. I had every intention of journalling last night, but a friend called and needed some support. We broke out the wine and had a girl's night. It was good to be the one giving the support instead of receiving it. I even stayed within points, and walked the dog.

Today I overslept. I hope to walk the puppy tonight. I am at work, and we have 10 minutes until the pt arrives. We have dance tonight. Kate is obviously feeling better.

I need to run. I hope to catch up with everyone later.
Beth

Beth -- I am so glad Kate is feeling better. And you sound like you are doing better too. I am sure it must have been very rewarding to help your friend. It's nice to be needed, isn't it?
Please remember we are always here for you! :hug:

:grouphug: Hi All,

Over the summer, I had mistakenly wished for the school year to begin. What the Heck was I thinking!?! My schedule is getting seriously crazy.
Yesterday I went to work. Then I picked up DD from the bus stop to take her to dance. (Next door neighbor foisted her kid off on me a usual.) While Kate danced, I hit Meijer and Target. Picked up DD, went home and remember PTO meeting. Ran to school. Thank God I did. They were tryong to elect me as VP in absentia. Sorry, no way. I am already chairing Market day and the Walk-A-Thon. Get someone else. I got home at 830, finally ate my veggie sub. Made lunches, and then I took the dog for his walk. I woke up a 530 and I finally sat down at 1030. I am really bummed that I missed BL last night.

On the plus side, the craziness has not allowed me to dwell on other things. I am doing much better. I am going to continue with the extra therapy sessions for a while, but I think I have a handle on things again.

Today is much more relaxed. I am at work, but we don't have a patient until 10AM. I'm getting paid to WISH.:dance3: Kate doesn't have anything today afterschool, but I need to work with her on Spelling and Math. I am planning on making a nutritious dinner. I will clean a bit. I may even relax for a couple of minutes in there.:scared1: I have the rest of the week off to catch up on everything that I need to get done. I also need to call my trainer and reschedule my appointments.:rolleyes: I can't slack off now.

Ok, I need to get going. THanks to everyone for the support. You guys are wonderful.:grouphug:

Have a good one,
Beth

Hi Beth, I'm happy to hear that things are going better for you! I had to laugh about the vice-presidential nomination. Back when my son was in middle school, one of my crazy girlfriends went to a meeting that I couldn't attend, and signed me up for every fund raiser and bake sale committee. Of course paybacks can be a *itch, and I did get even!

Have a wonderful day!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter