• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beth's WDW Countdown Weight Loss Journal, Goal: Lose 50 lbs by Feb 2016 with My Fitness Pal & Fitbit

Day 25 of 224, Thurs 7/16

Logged all my food in MFP. I was hungrier today so I had a big supper (pan-fried chicken, oven-fried potatoes & sauteed zucchini) followed by a big bowl of fruit (1/2 a honeydew). Very satisfied, maybe a bit too full. Ate about half of my exercise calories, ending the day at 1638. I've been eating big salads for lunch lately, lots of veggies (2 kinds of lettuce, tomato, mushroom, bell pepper), chicken, avocado, blue cheese crumbles and full-fat refrigerated ranch dressing (my splurge/so good). Very satisfying and so yummy. They take a while to eat and I love the crunch and all the flavors.

Took 10,272 steps today. Usual 60 minute walk outside around the neighborhood with DH & puppers. Weather was perfect, so nice since the heatwave has passed although I think this weekend is supposed to be warmer, hopefully just the weekend. I don't mind 80s but 90s is too hot for me, especially when the nights don't get cool. Feet were perfect, definitely on the mend. Finished off the steps with 25 minutes of walking around the house, that's what seems to be working for me lately.

Day 26 of 224, Fri 7/17

Logged all my food in MFP. Went to bed early, right after dinner, ending the day at 1297 calories, just shy of my daily allotment and I didn't eat any of my exercise calories. That low of calories is very atypical for me. I definitely would have eaten more but I went to bed early, I was soooo tired, I think because of the heat. Hot weekend here but next week should be nice again, in the 80s, 90s is too hot for me.

Took an impulsive 55 minute walk outside today during the hottest part of the day (left puppers at home) to watch the Blue Angels practice for the airshow. They were amazing, I just love watching them. Got to see them do a bunch of tricks and fly-bys, the final fly-by was all six in formation with their smoke on. It was amazing, I just loved it! I forgot my water though! Ugh, I guess I'll have to keep learning that hard lesson until it sticks. First half of the walk was easy-peasy, second half after they finished practicing was tougher, slogging through heat without water. Worth it though! Well, maybe not if you asked DH :) but I had a blast.

Finished my steps with a 30 minute walk around the house. I don't mind walking around the house at all to get the rest of my steps but I prefer 15-20 minutes over 25-30 so I'll have to see if I can get more steps throughout the day so there's not so much left at the end. Ended the day at 10,132 steps.

Day 26 of 224, Fri 7/17

Logged all my food in MFP. Went to bed early, right after dinner, ending the day at 1297 calories, just shy of my daily allotment and I didn't eat any of my exercise calories. That low of calories is very atypical for me. I definitely would have eaten more but I went to bed early, I was soooo tired, I think because of the heat. Hot weekend here but next week should be nice again, in the 80s, 90s is too hot for me.

Took an impulsive 55 minute walk outside today during the hottest part of the day (left puppers at home) to watch the Blue Angels practice for the airshow. They were amazing, I just love watching them. Got to see them do a bunch of tricks and fly-bys, the final fly-by was all six in formation with their smoke on. It was amazing, I just loved it! I forgot my water though! Ugh, I guess I'll have to keep learning that hard lesson until it sticks. First half of the walk was easy-peasy, second half after they finished practicing was tougher, slogging through heat without water. Worth it though! Well, maybe not if you asked DH :) but I had a blast.

Finished my steps with a 30 minute walk around the house. I don't mind walking around the house at all to get the rest of my steps but I prefer 15-20 minutes over 25-30 so I'll have to see if I can get more steps throughout the day so there's not so much left at the end. Ended the day at 10,132 steps.

Sounds like a great day! I love the Blue Angels. No water though.... I would be parched. Hopefully you got well hydrated once you got home!!!

Week 4 Weigh-In Results

Lost 4.4 lbs this week
Down to 244.8

Wow, yay, great week! I've met the first part of my goal (to lose the first 10 pounds of the 50.8) and that puts me at a lower weight than this past Feb when we visited WDW. I'm really trying to enjoy the journey now because every pound I lose from this point out puts me at a weight I haven't seen in more years than I care to think about.

Since I had such a big loss this week, my plan for the coming week is to hopefully maintain that loss by doing exactly what I've been doing, since it seems to be working, tracking my food daily in My Fitness Pal, eating my regular calories plus my exercise calories when I want/need them and walking 10,000 steps a day with my FitBit.

13/50.8 pounds lost

198 days til Disney!!

Week 4 Weigh-In Results

Lost 4.4 lbs this week
Down to 244.8

Wow, yay, great week! I've met the first part of my goal (to lose the first 10 pounds of the 50.8) and that puts me at a lower weight than this past Feb when we visited WDW. I'm really trying to enjoy the journey now because every pound I lose from this point out puts me at a weight I haven't seen in more years than I care to think about.

Since I had such a big loss this week, my plan for the coming week is to hopefully maintain that loss by doing exactly what I've been doing, since it seems to be working, tracking my food daily in My Fitness Pal, eating my regular calories plus my exercise calories when I want/need them and walking 10,000 steps a day with my FitBit.

13/50.8 pounds lost

198 days til Disney!!

Those are awesome results! Way to go Beth!!!! You are going to be in such great shape 198 days from now! Plus you'll be at WDW!:earsboy::earsboy::earsboy:

Day 27 of 224, Sat 7/18

Logged all my food in MFP. Ate almost all of my exercise calories, ending the day at 1771. Thanks goodness for exercise calories because I wiped out my regular calories with my first two meals, nothing left for dinner without those precious exercise calories. For the first time ever I calculated/input my dinner calories before even cooking it just to make sure that I would have enough.

Took 10,829 steps today. Walked outside for 60 minutes. Hot!! A store run plus a 20 minute walk around the house pushed me over 10k steps.

Edited to Add: Looking back over my food journal I definitely can see where I could have shaved some calories off the first two meals and not missed them, for example, 1oz of tortilla chips instead of 1.5oz, 1.5T peanut butter instead of 2T. It all adds up.

Last edited:
Logged all my food in MFP. Ate almost all of my exercise calories, ending the day at 1771. Thanks goodness for exercise calories because I wiped out my regular calories with my first two meals, nothing left for dinner without those precious exercise calories. For the first time ever I calculated/input my dinner calories before even cooking it just to make sure that I would have enough.

Nice job!

Edited to Add: Looking back over my food journal I definitely can see where I could have shaved some calories off the first two meals and not missed them, for example, 1oz of tortilla chips instead of 1.5oz, 1.5T peanut butter instead of 2T. It all adds up.

I'm still amazed at just how few chips are in an ounce....

Day 28 of 224, Sun 7/19

Logged all my food in MFP. Soooo hungry today!! I drank lots of water and just toughed it out but it was almost painful. Some days I have no problems at all staying within the parameters and other days it's so hard! I haven't figured out why some days are like that. I was hydrated, nothing emotional happened, it just was what it was. Anyway, I made it through and surprisingly didn't go over calories but that's probably because what I *really* wanted, high-fat, high-sugar stuff, wasn't in the house. Ate about 1/3 of my exercise calories, ending the day at 1556. If everyday was like this I would never make it, thankfully it's not.

Took 10,375 steps today. Usual 60 minute walk outside around the neighborhood and then finished it off with a 30 minute walk inside around the house.

Last edited:
Day 29 of 224, Mon 7/20

Logged all my food in MFP. Still hungry today but not as bad as yesterday. Splurged on a cheeseburger and small fries with 1 fry sauce from a non-chain fast food restaurant for lunch. I used to get two cheeseburgers, a large fry and 3 fry sauce, so definite improvement. The smaller portion was satisfying, maybe even a little bit too full. I was in for a shock though when I calculated the calories, I was thinking (hoping I guess) it would be between 700-800 calories, nope, over 1000. Not worth it for a cheeseburger and a small fry (even though for a small it was a decent portion). Calories go much farther when I eat at home. So I think next time I will just buy fry sauce (yum) at the store and make oven-fried potatoes. More satisfying and way less calories. Ate all my exercise calories, plus 7 over, ending the day at 1829.

Took 10,006 steps today. 65 minute walk (3 circuits) of a local park plus a 20 minute walk around the house where I apparently reached 10,000 steps, took another 6 steps to the sofa and parked it, not moving again until after midnight. :bitelip:

Day 30 of 224, Tues 7/21

Logged all my food in MFP. Ate just a few of my exercise calories, ending the day at 1362. I need to restock my staple foods ASAP to keep me out of trouble. Also I've been craving donuts BAD. I was going to splurge on them this past weekend but didn't want to drive to get them, plus I was out of calories anyway. So I'm planning to pick up a small individual pack tomorrow and work them into my calories.

Took 10,110 steps today. Usual 60 minute walk outside around the neighborhood. Temperature dropped from 90s to 70s practically overnight, it feels almost cold. Perfect walking weather though. Finished it off with a 20 minute walk around the house to meet my step goal.

Day 31 of 224, Wed 7/22

Logged all my food in MFP. Ate all of my regular calories plus nearly all my exercise calories earned except for 37, ending the day at 1702. Worked a little pack of donuts into calories today. Meh, they were okay, not sure if they were worth the 350 calories. Planning a night or two in BC soon, maybe I'll get my Tim Hortons fix then. Restocked the fridge (to bursting, it's small) and the pantry today. I feel more in control when I have plenty of food options at my fingertips.

Took 10,423 steps today. Walked 60 minutes outside around the neighborhood. Grocery shopped at two stores, remembering to park far away at one, the shopping trip added to my steps nicely. Finished the day off with a 10 minute walk around the house to meet my step goal.

VICTORY! My shorts were falling off in the store today. :laughing: They are a size too big for me but they've never started to fall off before. I had to have DH hold my wallet and keys in his pockets because they were weighing my shorts down, even after they were still slipping. They actually did fall down later when I went upstairs to bed, but at least I was in the privacy of my own home. :) Anyway, can't wear those outside the house anymore unless I'm wearing a belt.

VICTORY! My shorts were falling off in the store today. :laughing: They are a size too big for me but they've never started to fall off before. I had to have DH hold my wallet and keys in his pockets because they were weighing my shorts down, even after they were still slipping. They actually did fall down later when I went upstairs to bed, but at least I was in the privacy of my own home. :) Anyway, can't wear those outside the house anymore unless I'm wearing a belt.

I love that "VICTORY!" I can just picture the pure joy of that moment. Too bad you weren't in a new shorts store. You could've just traded them out.

Just found your journal and I find it so inspiring! You are doing great! I would like to lose another 15 lbs before our September trip and love that you are showing how it's done! Keep up the great work!!

Just found your journal and I find it so inspiring! You are doing great! I would like to lose another 15 lbs before our September trip and love that you are showing how it's done! Keep up the great work!!

Thank you so much for the lovely comment, it really means a lot to me. :goodvibes

Day 32 of 224, Thurs 7/23

Logged all my food in MFP. Ate 3/4 of my exercise calories, ending the day at 1653.

Took 10,537 steps today. Usual 60 minute walk around the neighborhood. *Another* store run because I forgot some minor stuff yesterday because I shopped without a list. I felt like getting out of the house anyway. I don't usually like grocery shopping but the store's not too crowded after nine p.m. and now that I'm counting calories I like to shop more so I have lots of options. I remembered to park far away to get some extra steps. I like getting steps running errands. Finished off the day with a 15 minute walk around the house to meet my step goal.

I have to admit that I'm struggling a bit. This is week 5 I think and it's the hardest week I've had since week 1. I feel like I'm starting to rebel. Honestly if I wasn't posting here I probably would have quit by now. I won't, but I might have to shake stuff up somehow. I'm just kind of resenting having to count every single calorie and hoping that I lose weight every week with really no end in sight.

Day 33 of 224, Fri 7/24

Logged all my food in MFP. Ate nearly all of my exercise calories ending the day at 1753.

Took 10,160 steps today. Usual 60 minute walk around the neighborhood and then 20 minutes around the house to meet my step goal. I always watch/listen to Disney World trip videos on YouTube while walking around the house and imagine I am walking there instead. :teleport:

Tomorrow's weigh-in day. And I'm also planning a very high-calorie day tomorrow to shake it up but still tracking everything. I'm definitely feeling restless and out of sorts lately with calorie counting. DH says I'm ahead of my goal and I should relax the reins a bit but I don't think I'm being hardcore, I wouldn't have lasted even week 1 if I was. But also I'm afraid that if I do relax the reins that I will lose control and end up back where I started. Sorry to be a bummer. But I promise I won't quit.

I understand what you mean about calorie counting being tiring. I often find it so tedious and annoying - ha! But, the results are amazing! Just think of all those smaller clothes you'll be able to wear on your trip!! I love the idea of visualizing that you're walking around WDW also! :)

I think that once you spend a lot of time counting calories you can get a good feel for portion sizes and such and won't need to log everything all the time because it'll become kind of second nature. At least that's what I hear from people on My Fitness Pal who are in maintenance.

Keep up the great work!! (but don't be too hard on yourself for little steps back - it's all part of the process)

I'm glad you are not quitting! You are doing such a GREAT job. I hope you enjoyed your shake up day; I think we all need a day to relax once in a while. The hard part is keeping it at one day!

I understand what you mean about calorie counting being tiring. I often find it so tedious and annoying - ha!

:laughing:

But, the results are amazing!

Yes, definitely worth it in the end.

Keep up the great work!! (but don't be too hard on yourself for little steps back - it's all part of the process)

Thank you so much for the encouraging words. I am feeling much better today.

I'm glad you are not quitting! You are doing such a GREAT job. I hope you enjoyed your shake up day; I think we all need a day to relax once in a while. The hard part is keeping it at one day!

Thanks Maggie. I'm feeling much better today but that could be the Krispy Kreme and box of shells & cheese talking. :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter