• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beth's Journal-Bring It!

Sorry to hear about Katie's spill. At least she didn't break anything!!!! :)

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

glad katie is okay!!

only 7 days till your trip!! are you excited??? Ill be there on Tuesday!! Mybe ill see ya :)
have a great trip!

Your counter says 4 days until your trip! HOW EXCITING!!! I hope you all have a very magical time! Don't forget to let those princesses know that you are also a WISH princess!

:hug: and much :love:

Hi All,

Let's catch up....

The show was a disaster. The stereo system was down, so the dancing was delayed. It was decided that they could only perform one dance, so the little girls didn't dance. They were heartbroken that they couldn't dance for Santa. Katie has since recovered. Katie's face is looking much better as well. I am still getting looks from strangers that say,"CHILD ABUSER". Nope, just a clumsy kid, oh well.

Thanksgiving went well. No drama there.

I have survived my marathon stretch of working, and I do not have to go back until December 15th. :Pinkbounc :banana: THere was lots of drama, but I don't have to think about it now.

Pez ate through the power cord of my laptop. I am currently on Won's machine, a big no-no. I have ordered a cord, and it should arrive Tuesday. I can DIS then.

I have to pick Katie up from my parents today. I am taking Pez with me to reaquaint him with my parents. They are keeping him for us. I have a feeling that they will sooon have a dog of their own.

I have not started packing. I am in a complete panick over this. I need to do laundry, and clean, and pack, and cook, and start workin on the school party. EEK! Currently doing deep breathing exercises.

All in all, a typical week in the life of the Kims. :rolleyes: But guess what!?! I am going to Disney World!! :sunny: ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

I can't Dis until I get my power cord, so if it doean't arrive until my trip. Everyone take care, and I'll say hi to Mickey for you.

Beth

I can't believe that your trip is almost here! It seems like yesterday that it was so darned far away! We've been friends for what--over two years now?
:hug: I hope you all have a fantastic time. Rest, rejuvenate, run around doing all the Disney stuff: turn yourself completely over to the magic. :wizard:

Can't wait to hear how it goes. Be safe.

Love,
Erin

Yeah, what Erin said! :teeth: Surrender to the magic and have a safe and fabulous trip! Make lots of happy memories with Katie and Won. Soak up that sunshine and warmth! :sunny:

:hug:

Yeah! What Doreen said that Erin said! :teeth: Have a magical, wonderful, relaxing, fun, and safe vacation dear Beth. :hug: We'll see you at Earl's! :jumping1:

Hi All,

I leave for WDW in 25 hours!!! I thought I would panicked right now,but I am amazed that I am calm. I am packed, except for things like toothbrushes. Everything is confirmed, and I am in vacation mode. It is beautiful here. It is softly snowing, but it isn't bone chilling cold. I took Pez for a 2 mile walk this AM, and after dance class, we are taking him to my parents. The only thing that I am upset about is leaving my furbaby. He knows something is up. He has been attatched to my leg since the suitcases came out. It surprised me because we haven't vacationed since we got him.

Won is bringing his laptop. I am not sure, but I may be posting occasionly. No promises. We are taking it easy this vacation. Our goal is to enjoy out family time, enjoy the holiday in the world, and enjoy just being there. If something gets misses, oh well. We'll be back. I am hoping to come home relaxed and not exhausted.

I am going to need help when we get back. Our last trip was what spurred me to lose weight, and I think it will be the case again. I am recommitting to the healthy life.

OK, I will be raise a toast to all of you at the World Showcase.

Take care,
Beth

Hey Beth - I hope you and your family have a wonderful time. I'm sure the weather will be perfect and everything will go on without a hitch. I can't wait to hear all the details when you get home.

Beth -- Have a fabulous trip! I hope you have a very relaxing and fulfilling trip. God knows the magic that is WDW is enough to refresh a person's outlook!

Don't worry about your furbaby -- you know he will get lots of good attention from the "grands"! You might have to bring him back some pluto treats, however! :dog:

Have a wonderful time. We will miss you around here!

Beth:

Best wishes for a fabulous, well-deserved WDW vacation! I am sure it will completely magical with all the holiday decorations.

Expect lots of support for healthier living when you get back! We'll do it together.

-Laurie :sunny:

I missed being able to say have a good time so I'm hoping this is a start of a wonderful, rejeuvenating, fun and exciting time!!!! Hope all goes well.

Our furbaby, Candi, does the same thing once the suitcases come out. She knows we are going away. DH is traveling and he had a load of suitcases out trying to figure which ones to take because he has two trips during this week a layover to change bags in his car between flights - basically from one coast to the next. Candi was so moppy - I think she thought we were all going. Wait for 3 weeks from now (well under now). She is really gonna wonder what the heck is going on because my dad will have his bags here too. Poor kitty - we are sheltering her though while we are gone because we'll be gone for so long. Usually my dad would take her but he's coming too. So anyway, hope your furbaby does well!!!!!!

Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

Well, I am back in the real world. We had a wonderful trip. The weather ws great for 7 out of 10 days. It was nice to go and not feel rushed. We took naps, swam in the pool, and experienced the magic. I loved WDW decorated for the hiolidays. The only thing I missed was the WDW music. I loved Christmas carols, but I want to hear Disney music on mainstreet. Minor complaint.

Highlights include...
The CP. I LOVED this. Won slept through it, his loss. I haven't been able to atend idnight mass since Katie was born. I was wonderful to hear a large choir singing real carols.

I LOVE that it was about Christmas. No offense to anyone that is not Christian, but I am not even allowed to say Merry Christmas on Christmas day at work. It was nice that CHristmas can be celebrated.

Katie met a kindred spirit just before Wishes. They had their magic wands and lit up the castle and set off the fireworks. They absolutely believe that they were responsible for the spectacle.

I got to meet some of my felow Wisher. This included the lovely Tracy. When they post pictures, I am the one in my pink Princess hat.

THe fairy Godmother is my favorite character. She spendt o much time with Katie, and gave her pixie dust. She also pulled her into a parade.

During the raining parade. We did the Lost Boys call for Peter Pan. Captain Hook then followed, and we tick tocked. He ran away from us, and then Peter came off the trolley and came and danced with Katie. He said anyone who can scare off Capt. Hook i now an honorary Lost BOY.

The MVMCP was amazing. Katie had the best time dancng with Chip and Dale. THe fireworks and parade were unbelievable.

Won ended up sleeping in a few days, don't ask, and skipped WISHES on the last night. Katie said o me," WDW is about magic. Some people don't believe, so they can't have as much fun. Do feel sad that daddy isn't here. He doesn't understand like we do. We can share the magic." She so getS it.

As for restaurants, the standouts were Ohanas, Crystal Palace, LeCellier, Whispering Canyon. The misses were Raglan Road and Chef Mickey's. We had issues with Kona. We ordered grilled chicken for Katie, and they brought out grilled cheese. ?huh? I had also called in advance, and they had no dessert for katie. I ended up suggesting they go to Ohanas to get the snow cone bucket. They did.

I had a great time, and I am more relaxed. The panick over the Christma party should hit arounf Wednesday. Right now, I am still pretty mellow.

I am headed to bed. I will be hitting journals over the next few days.

Take care,
Beth

I'm so glad to hear you had a good time, and I'm so happy you shared with us Katie's comments about the magic. You two DO share the magic and something so very, very special.

Thanks for the update, and welcome home, friend. :hug:
Erin

Oh Beth, it sounds like you really did have a truly magical trip!!! I'm so happy that you got some time to rest and relax and enjoy life. Spending that time with Katie is precious and yes, her comments are so true! How wonderful that the two of you can share the magic!!

Welcome home! :hug:

Hi Beth

What a great trip! I'm so happy for you. I'm so happy Katie got the magic :cloud9:

Sunny

Welcome home, Beth! So glad you had such a wonderful time! Glad to hear you have taught your sweet Katie to appreciate the magic! :wizard:

Beth:

It sounds like you had a wonderful break and I'm so glad that Katie "gets it." The best I can do for my kitties is put on the DVDs. They are particularly fond of the animated dalmations for some reason. My DH gets it most of the time; usually while we are there and especially if he's in the aviary in Asia at AK. But getting him there! I sure could use even a quick down and back to Disneyland right now!

Keep yourself rested and try not to do too much over the holidays. At the hospital, you'll see the worse. Keep one of the Wishes memories close to pull out and ponder when things get tough.

-Laurie :cat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter