Beta Guide by Aengus

This is not to argue against any statement posted previously. I'm just trying to put things a little in perspective for some people about how trades and values are seen.

You can also think of value in terms of real life things. Everything sold has what's called a RETAIL VALUE and a MANFUACTURER'S VALUE. As an example, a DVD movie's manufacturer's value is $29.99. But it is sold in retail stores for $19.99. Sure they can sell it for $29.99. But who's going to buy it at that cost? So they bring it down to a price people can afford.

Now personal scenario example. I wanted green bag pants. They are worth more than 10 infernos easy. I found somebody trading them and he knew they were worth this. I told him I could only afford to give up 7 of my 8 infernos. So that's what he sold them for. He could demand 16 (as he did at one point)...but would that be logically possible? Sure. Would I do it? No. And he understood that and went down to an AFFORDABLE price.

So the value of an item is greatly affected by your buyers. You can say an item is worth 2 infernos all you want. But if nobody is going to buy it at that price, then what is the point of continually stating that fact?

I understand that people trade an outrageous amount for inferno. That's just how it is. But what are these items worth when not putting 'what's in high demand' into the calculation?

Red HM Rocking chair would be traded for 10-15 infernos at least a long with several other items. I know how trades and values are seen on this game, LittleDragonErin, and that's not my point which I thought I stated in my response to aengus.

People give everything for one inferno, and an item that is worth far more than inferno is offered a cactus chair. I would just like to see a list someday of what actual items should go for, not putting the fact that inferno is drooled over by most of the VMK population.

I asked what should the value should be, not what it is or what it will only be traded for.

tinkrbellas said:
I asked what should the value should be, not what it is or what it will only be traded for.

Sorry, I missed that. I guess we should specify value and rarity seperately maybe? someday maybe I will ask for help and try to get a bunch of opinions on how to do it LOL. For now rarity is a likelyhood of trade value I guess.

tinkrbellas said:
I understand that people trade an outrageous amount for inferno. That's just how it is. But what are these items worth when not putting 'what's in high demand' into the calculation?

Red HM Rocking chair would be traded for 10-15 infernos at least a long with several other items. I know how trades and values are seen on this game, LittleDragonErin, and that's not my point which I thought I stated in my response to aengus.

People give everything for one inferno, and an item that is worth far more than inferno is offered a cactus chair. I would just like to see a list someday of what actual items should go for, not putting the fact that inferno is drooled over by most of the VMK population.

My apologies if that sounded like it was directed at you solely. I stated what I did more for the general audience than as a direct response to your posts.

no they were in a couple quests, single prizes not for everyone. like about 10 for the whole month on the piano, and i think about 5 for the treasure.

If you want, I can start sending pictures in of some of the beta such as black candle, blue underwater organ(which I have right now) so people know what you are talking about. Let me know if you want me to!

Love to help on dis,
Lion :furious:

Here are the beta I have pictures of so far. I will try to get more!

Blue Organ-

Black Candle-

i dont believe that's beta i think it's just quest :thumbsup2

is the the pink slipper she's talking about or pink nemo chair?

Pink nemo, but pink slipper isn't beta either. It was re-released in a Princess quest in May.

haha very funny beta ended on my birthday last year

Hey CL_LITTLEDRAGONERIN! i think i have come across you before on VMK. How in the world did you make that picture with your title on! I think it is really cool!I really want to know how you make them! You also have stitch hat, which is my dream hat! You are just amazing! Spak to ya later , ( maybe) LOL

This is a great guide! Everyone should be sure to chack here often. Lately I have noticed a rise in the number of people trading retired and buyable items claiming they are beta. So if you have any doubt just check back here

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter