Best Young Family Board Games?

Another vote for Disney Apples to Apples. Our kids ages 9-24 played over Thanksgiving and loved it. My 9yo son (yes the one with autism!) actually loves this game!

This year I got the udraw pad with pictionary for the PS3, can't wait to see if it will be a hit!

We play tons of games as a family, and my girls' favorite game at that age was Zingo! My girls love Apples to Apples now, and I have never played the Disney version but that sounds like a good one for those ages as well!

We are huge board game people. Our youngest is 6 and is a reader so we can do a little more advanced. Our current favorite is Sorry. We also really like Uno and we are big monopoly fans. Most small kids have the candy land game and it can drive parents crazy after the first 1000 games! I am going to check out Zingo for Christmas.Thanks everyone.

It seems like Zingo is a clear winner for the age group I'm asking about! I read all about it and watched a video of Zingo and it looks great. I love that the tiles include a picture and the text. The only downside of the game is that the adults will have to "play dumb" some of the time so the kids have a chance to snag the tiles. Oh well.

I found UNO Roboto and it looked fun, also for a more goofy, active game.

I remember loving Sorry, Trouble, etc, but they are such classics they may already have them so I don't want to risk bringing a duplicate.

There was also a super adorable game called Sneaky Snacky Squirrel that I'm considering. It looks really fun and the theming is too cute! It's kind of like Hi Ho Cherry-O but with an added color-coated aspect.

We like Qwirkle, and my 4 yo can play with assistance. We also like Mouse Trap.

Her favorites are The Ladybug Game and The Sneaky Squirrel Game.

For kids a little more advanced than Zingo, there's also What's Gnu? Rush Hour is a little older but much fun. Really, we've liked all the games by Think Fun.

And I can't recommend No Stress Chess highly enough! My boy asked for a chess set at 5 and this was a good beginner set with an easy method for learning the rules of chess.

Four might be a tad small for it, but we loved the lego game Creationary, it was good for young and old in our family-surprisingly so.

Sequence for Kids- I liked it almost as much as the kids did!
Don't wake Daddy- The only board game DH would play!!

Sequence for Kids- I liked it almost as much as the kids did!
Don't wake Daddy- The only board game DH would play!!

Okay, I'm totally buying Sequence for Kids! It looks PERFECT for both of the kids and sounds fun to me also. It looks simple yet fun. Thank you!

Edited to add: I remember seeing the Don't Wake Daddy game on tv years ago! It also looks like a great one....hmmm...

It also makes me remember Shark Attack from my childhood, I loved that game. Wonder if they still make it?

It's for 8+, but my older kids (currently 7 and 12) have enjoyed it since they were 5 and 10. However, they have a Junior version now too. I haven't played it, but I suspect it would be awesome. The original version is one of our top 2 favorite games, and we are HUGE game people.

Quelf is also a fun one for that age. And Bananagrams is great for someone learning to read.

We love apples to apples, we have the junior version too that is fun as well.
We play this game every year on New Year's Eve too, with my whole family.... Even my grown nephews and my parents like playing it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter