• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best/Worst Epcot TS for Small Children?

MusicMouse

Ph.D. Finally!
I am planning our first family trip to WDW in Jan. 2010 and need advice about table service restaurants in EPCOT. With me on the trip will be my DH, DS2 and DS6 - none of whom have been to WDW before. I haven't been there since EPCOT was brand new, so I need some help from all of you Disney Veterans.:teacher: Are there any TS restaurants in EPCOT that you think would be better for my small children? Are there any that I should avoid? We are all pretty adventuresome eaters (even DS2), so "exotic" cuisine shouldn't be a problem.

Biergarten has a large and tasty buffet that can be accessed immediately after seating occurs. You can graze at leisure, no portion issues, and the service is excellent and friendly. Plus there is entertainment going on, lots of room, and it doesn't feel like you're confined to a small chair and limited space. Mexico's TS is another cool setting--an open-air bazaar at twilight; you can watch the volcano go through it's eruption stages and watch the boats from the ride slide by your table. One of you can walk around the "bazaar" if the kids are a bit restless. Those get my vote. I'd avoid the strictly sitdowns at their age. :goodvibes

I agree with dzneelvr, Biergarten and San Angel are both great for kids. Morocco is great too, there is live entertainment. Garden Grill has character dining, if your kids are into that. Coral Reef has a whole wall of aquarium - my kids were real excited about that one.

Places I would not recommend with children, especially younger: Nine Dragons, Chefs de France, Bistro de Paris. They are somewhat formal and boring to kids. I can't recommend Rose and Crown either, my kids just didn't like the menu selections.

I think Teppan Edo is a great choice- it's very entertaining and the food is awesome! I have been seated with families with little kids and they seem to love it.

The only one you should avoid is Bistro de Paris. It has no childrens' menu and is somewhat upscale and intimate.

Everyplace else is absolutely fine with small children and there will be many children dining at each place. Just choose the menus that you think your family will enjoy and don't worry about it. The most popular place is Le Cellier Steakhouse in Canada but there are many other great places to choose.

def biergarten...my son is so loud hes 18mos and we had a blast there...we also ate at teppan edo and it was to quiet for us there he stood out alot lol

Another vote for Biergarten. My kids are a little older but they still vote this as their favorite in Epcot.

My kids first non-Character meal choice is Chefs de france, that's all of WDW. DS will tell you they have the best hamburger. Coral Reef the kids love looking at the fish tank.

Kae

We went to Coral Reef last year with an 18 month old and a 4 year old and we all enjoyed watching the fish and looking for scuba divers. I have to say as well that the food was quite good and it was definitely one of the more pleasant meals of our trip. We are currently planning a WDW vacation for this August and Coral Reef is definitely on our to do list.

I have 4 children *now aged 4,6,11 and 14. Their favorite used to be Coral Reef. But after our last 2 times even they say - blah. The food just wasn't as good as it used to be. And's it's lost it's wow factor to us since we've been.

They LOVE Tokyo Dining(not the Benihanna kind of place - the other side) We loved the food too. It's a must do for us.

We hated Biergarten- It was dark and loud and seemed dirty? but really could be because it was so dark. And we sat with the Family from hell on our final trip there. We vowed never again.

Tutto was a hit with them as well. They enjoyed the food and the calmer atmoshere. (some of the dining places can be overstimulating and they don't eat- here they ate and loved it)

We personally have never eaten at Marrakesh- but the Counter service there is one we enjoy.

Hope that helps a little.

My kids loved watching all the fish at Coral Reef and the divers really played up to them. We had people doing somersaults and headstands right in front of our table. They also thought Teppan Edo was a lot of fun! They loved the cooking and eating with chopsticks. While they enjoyed the food at LeCellier and Tutto, DH was very nervous that they were acting loud and potentially disturbing the other people (they were 2 and 4).

My kids' favorites are: Coral Reef, Teppan Edo, and Biergarten. However, if there is a menu that particularly appeals to you, all the restaurants (except Bistro de Paris) are very accomodating to children.

I would also vote for Biergarten. We went last year and my kids DS6, DD2 and DS1 all loved it. I would also recommend Akerhaus. My boys loved it as much as my daughter did.

Another vote for Coral Reef. My kids love it. And they love the little plastic dolphins they get with their drinks. The picture of them playing with them made the Christmas card. :) I should see if I can use it for my sig.

Thank you everyone! These suggestions are very helpful. :thumbsup2 I agree that the restaurants in France might be a little too formal for the boys, especially after a long day at the parks. Germany sounds like a lot of fun! Has anyone tried Marakesh with their younger children?

Thank you everyone! These suggestions are very helpful. :thumbsup2 I agree that the restaurants in France might be a little too formal for the boys, especially after a long day at the parks. Germany sounds like a lot of fun! Has anyone tried Marakesh with their younger children?

Yup, our babies have been to Marrakesh since they were 10months old! It is my fav, so we do it each trip, but sometimes, more than once! It is very good for young kids, as it's large and the entertainment is great. They encourage kids to come up and belly dance, so that's very cool.

I would higly recommend Marrakesh for young babes/kids, Tiger :)

I think Marakesh would be fun for my two boys AND for DH. :) What about Tutto Italia? Is it very formal? My DH loves Italian food and I've read a lot of good reviews about the food, too.

We went to Coral Reef last year with an 18 month old and a 4 year old and we all enjoyed watching the fish and looking for scuba divers. I have to say as well that the food was quite good and it was definitely one of the more pleasant meals of our trip. We are currently planning a WDW vacation for this August and Coral Reef is definitely on our to do list.

Ditto and I would skip LeCellier. It is described as small and dark and nothing to entertain the little ones. The food maybe good, but I think you can do much better in Epcot. People are now reporting that Remy is making an appearance at Chef's De France so maybe consider that one too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter