• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best/worst drinks on your Disney cruise

Castillo Mom

DIS Veteran
Last night I was reading the DCL trip reports and someone mentioned a martini sampler of some sort but I dont' remember the name, Flight something or other. Anyway, I've been basking in the glow of just having booked our cruise, so I just wanted to get a fun thread started. So what were your favorite drinks on the cruise or even not so favorite? Favorite wine? I love fruity, tropical-type drinks so if anyone has any recommendations, let's here it and I'll add it to my list of ones to try!

This could be fun.....

Worst drink was on the first cruise we went on in the dining room one night... I think it was called the Aqua Marina? Tasted like Nyquil... Yuck

First cruise the best drinks were Konk Kooler and Planter's punch.
This last cruise the Konk Kooler wasn't good at all..... I was really into the Bahama Mama's and Mai Tai's this time around (and the banana benders on an excursion we went on) :drinking1 :drinking1

My vote is for the Konk Cooler but when I cruised this past Dec. I was really disappointed overall. We brought 2 bottles of Cruzan Rum on board, Coconut and Mango and the drinks we made ourselves were definitely better and alot cheaper too! :thumbsup2

Nothing is better than a Konk Kooler on Castway Cay..........
The BBC, :banana: frozen banana and chocolate combination drink in the bars
are good too.................

Best? A mojito. :thumbsup2

Worst? A mojito, made very badly! :rolleyes:

Seriously, about the only drink of the day I didn't care for was the Yellow Bird, because it seemed to have a lot more banana liqueur in it. All the others were like Kool Aid with liquor in them!! YUM!!! Just what I like with the salt air on my face!! :cool1:

I also really liked the coffees in Cove Cafe. The Mint Mocha Capuccino was layered and very beautiful until I stirred it!! :guilty: Then it was a gray color, but still VERY tasty!!

cristit14 said:
This could be fun.....

Worst drink was on the first cruise we went on in the dining room one night... I think it was called the Aqua Marina? Tasted like Nyquil... Yuck

First cruise the best drinks were Konk Kooler and Planter's punch.
This last cruise the Konk Kooler wasn't good at all..... I was really into the Bahama Mama's and Mai Tai's this time around (and the banana benders on an excursion we went on) :drinking1 :drinking1

Ooh, Banana Bender, that sounds goood. Adding to list. :teeth:

The BBC was sooooo good.

My DH was mentioning this thread and that drink was the first one that I thought of, but couldn't think of the name. We even got the "virgin" version of it for DS 2.5. He is a very picky eater/drinker...but loves bananas!! He loved it!! When we go in September, he'll probably hate it, but that's my DS.

I had one of the drinks of the day on the Wonder, and it was ..... rats .....something with cranberry juice in, it was really good. I don't really like cranberry juice all that much, but whatever they had put in it was yummy..it was also very strong! I shall have to go check my Navigator.

I had a tropical cocktail at dinner one night - it was green and very yummy. It may have been at the Captian's reception first then had another one at dinner? Wish I could remember it. Wish I could have one right now... :drinking:

Also - had a GREAT pinot noir at Palo; recommended by Sasha. That's one I really regret not remembering.

Note to self for next trip: carry palm pilot to meals to jot down names of drinks... :thumbsup2 Be sure to jot BEFORE drinking. Who knows what I'll wind up with afterwards... Ninot Poir, Mahama Bama, :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 Best drink: Sailaway drink....some people call it a bon-voyage (1/2 pina colada and 1/2 strawberry daquairi)

Worst drink: they gave away free drinks at a deck party one night.........the worst sangria I've ever had :crazy2:

RonnieJo66 said:
:thumbsup2 Best drink: Sailaway drink....some people call it a bon-voyage (1/2 pina colada and 1/2 strawberry daquairi)

I think I had that on another cruise line and it was called a "Miami Vice"? :confused3

I LOVE this!!! Did anyone do the martini sampler? I read about that and wondered about going.

I did the Martini tasting with a bunch of our DIS group and it was really fun. You sample five different types of Martinis. The standard and "dirty" Martini weren't to my liking but the Appletini, Chocolatini and Cosmopolitan were all yummy. The drinks are small, but definitely not just samples. We were all feeling pretty happy when we left!

The Miami Vice :cool1: Was the best this last cruise (1/2 pina colada and 1/2 strawberry daquairi)

Then the Bahama Mama (My fav from the first cruise)

And I have to say I did have a good Mojito on deck afternoon.

As for worst...I kinda stuck with my fav's and didn't do to many samples so as of now I don't have a "worst".

I had a chocolatini at Palo and I instantly fell in love with it. Then on the free cocktail night (formal night, I believe) I could have had several cosmopolitans...yummy!

need_a_Disney_fix said:
I had a chocolatini at Palo and I instantly fell in love with it. Then on the free cocktail night (formal night, I believe) I could have had several cosmopolitans...yummy!

Just wondering what the "free cocktail night" is all about??

It is formal night which is Sunday on the eastern cruise. You go down to the lobby area and they serve free cocktails. Don't forget to get your photo taken with the Captain.

need_a_Disney_fix said:
It is formal night which is Sunday on the eastern cruise. You go down to the lobby area and they serve free cocktails. Don't forget to get your photo taken with the Captain.

do they do this on the western? if so what night is it then?

Yes they do it on the Western, but I thought is was Semi-Formal night (Thursday) "Captain's Gala"....same night as the 'midnight' (11PM) dessert buffet. I'm sure we'll soon hear from someone who's done it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter