• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Western Park Place Inn????

What's the noise like? Can you hear thought the walls? I know there may be groups there that you can't help runnin around. But can you hear the conversations from next door?

I never heard any noise coming through the walls. If you are planning on leaving early and staying late then there shouldn't be a problem. We came back for naps in the afternoon and I don't remember it being a problem. The BWPPI is a motel - the corridors are on the outside which generally leads to more noise than a hotel. It's not a suite, it's a value hotel. You basically get what you pay for, which is a basic room at a price for much less than one of the hotels on property. In my opinion, you can't even compare the two. You have to look at each hotel on it's own merits and what is worth more to you - paying more to stay on property at a nicer hotel, or paying less and having more money to spend in the parks. Is price wasn't an issue I would stay on property. However, since we were on a budget we looked at what was most important - location. If having a brighter room or a bigger better pool was a priority then maybe we would have chosen another hotel. I just think it is unfair to compare the two properties as they really are apples and oranges. By the way, people have mentioned that the rooms seemed dark. This actually worked to our benefit since we wanted our son to nap and unless it is dark he won't sleep. Saved us bringing a blackout curtain. I also agree that walking to the monorail from the DLH could be longer than BWPPI since there are three towers, and there is no guarantee that you will get the tower you request. If you take the train you can get on from several locations and get off at the main station and be close to the main gate. I may be wrong but I think the monorail only stops in Tomorrowland - which can be a haul from Frontierland.

I know we will most likely do open to close as we usually do. We really only sleep in the room. We have been fortunate and always get the Sierra Tower (dreams now??) so it was a quick shot. But is it $1,000 better?!?!?! I don't know. We always have food and drinks in the room- thanks Vons. We aren't big morning eaters. Just a litle something to get the blood sugar level. So the continental breakfast or even a cooked breakfast is no big deal. That's why if they had it, I may go get a few things for the 4 of us. I just feel like I am trying to talk us into stayi somewhere else

If you really have your heart set on DLH and you love it there, it might be better to stay there.... i only say that because if your use to the DLH and really wished you stayed there, even if BWPPI is nice and what not, you won't like cause it won't be where you wanted to stay or what your use to and you will jsut make it seem to be bad even if nothing is wrong with it... you will just find reasons not to like it so that next time you won't have to do any humm and hoooing because you know you don't like anything but DLH.... If your a person like that then save your self the "disappointment" and just book DLH............ But thats just my thoughts....because i'm sure i would be doing the same thing :) luckly i can't afford DLH right not so i'm ok with using the budget hotels

If you are getting 2 rooms, you might want to consider Candy Cane Inn with its dedicated shuttle. They have a nice continental breakfast and everything is nice and clean with flowers everywhere. Service was great.

We had the BWPPI booked for our vacation back in Feb. We checked out after one night and went to the HOJO! Like a pp said, I didn't think we were picky about hotels until we stayed at the BWPPI. The room was small, dark, and very noisy. We had a hard time adjusting the water temp. on the shower, either it was too hot or too cold. I'm not crazy about the motel feel, if that makes any sense! Anyway the next day we packed up and checked out and went to the HOJO where we had previously stayed at it was great!! We should have booked there to begin with. I have to say that the staff at the BWPPI was apologetic, and thank god they didn't charge us for the rest of our stay. They even said we could leave our car there for the rest of the day. which was nice. We learned that we are not motel people!! If you are used to staying at the DLH, you may be disappointed in the BWPPI. Good luck!!
Katie
P.S. The ART system is only $3 a day for an adult pass.

I'm actually glad to read some not so great comments about BWPPI! We stayed there New Years week 2008 and I really think I'd only heard good comments about it before our stay. Prior to this, we've stayed at HOJO multiple times, and DLH twice. We were perfectly happy with DLH when we got it at $99 AP rate and were happy with Ent. Rate at HoJo. Couldn't get good prices at either of those places, so we went with BWPPI.

I spent most of the first night laying there awake listening to everything outside our door (car alarms that seemed to beep periodically all night long) and not being able to get the temp adjusted to be comfortable. I was seriously considering lugging our stuff down to HoJo down the street (we didn't have a car) and begging for any room at any rate! We ended up sticking it out at BWPPI, but would not stay there again. I think we found that exterior corridor motels just aren't for us. We'll be back with HoJo next trip and all future trips!

I agree with other comments that the breakfast is far from great, and we actually prefer just keeping a few basic items in our room at HoJo's.

We definately hate shuttles. It was the main complaint about WDW. There, no matter how much you paid,you had to take a shuttle to some of the parks. So we really want to stay close which means DLH, BWPPI or Park Vue. A motel (outside opening room) is not too big of a deal as we will just be there to sleep

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter