Best Western..LBV

bjresmom

Earning My Ears
We just got a great rate through Travelocity (I was only looking to see what price ranges were being offered around the various travel sites, and this came up!!!) $34 for the one night we need before OKW! We are thrilled with the location, bu have never heard anything about it? Is it going to be OK for my DH who is 6'5"? It is only for one night, but this is our 20th anni trip, and I want it close to perfect from beginning to end! Thanks!

Wow! That's an amazing rate for a great location! What time of year are you going? From what I've read, this is one of the better hotels in the DTD area. I think you've done well.

I have never stayed here but it gets great reviews on TripAdvisor.com!!
Have Fun,
Debbie

That is an awesome price!

Was this part of a package, or did you book the room only?

Wht time of year are you going?

We are staying there for three nights before we go to our timeshare. We did not get such a good rate though! Hope the hotel is OK. Not sure about using their transportation system to Disney parks though.

We are leaving in 11 days!!! (Can you tell I have been counting down?!) No, it is not a package, because we are only going to be there one night, just until we check into Old Key West. When I called the verify my rate, the very nice manger told me that there had been a glitch on the web site, and I was fortunate to hae been given that rate. He could not have been nicer! I think that my DH and I will just walk to the village, and wait to go into the park until we get to OKW. The Disney transport is so much easier to use. I've been told to ask for as high as we can get, and the village view. I'll post and let you know how it went when we get back!

We stayed in BW LBV in October 2000 (13 of us, we had 4 rooms), we stayed 10 nights. The hotel was very nice we thought, no special theming, your average hotel really, but clean, well equipped, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, especially for that rate. Standard hotel room, 2 double beds etc. We had friends staying in the Contemporary (tower) at the time and I was in their room, ours in BW were quite a bit bigger and not as "tired" as those in the Contemporary. (Their view was much nicer though:-) Hotel shuttles were great, never waited more than 10 minutes, and it's only about 5 mins walk max to either Crossroads in one direction or Downtown Disney in the other direction.

It sounds like a great place to stay.

I hope you have a great trip bjresmom! Please let us know how you liked the Best Western on your return.

Is the pool ok there? I was thinking of one day at MK and one down day while we were there. We have a pass for Blizzard Beach should we go there or stay at the pool the LBV BW? The kids are 10,8,4.

Good deal.

I've seen bidder on PL getting this hotel for your price.

We stayed there l5 years ago on our first trip to Orlando. Good location, and I keep hearing good things about it in recent posts.

herc.

The pool at LBV is small, particularly for a hotel of this size. Having said that during our 10 day stay in 2000 anytime we used the pool (4 days or so, always in the evening 4pm onwards) we had the pool either to ourselves or with 2 other people at most. Any day I happened to look out at the pool from one of the rooms (our party had 4 rooms, one of them overlooked pool) pool was empty or almost empty. No pool toys, plenty of sun beds, shower at side, very basic, but very clean. It was out around the back of the hotel, past the kiddie playground (which was always empty also).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter