Best Western Downtown Disney

golferboy

Earning My Ears
We are taking our first WDW trip Dec. 20-23/03 with DH, DW, and 2 DD (13, 16). Our beleaguered Canadian dollar makes us shudder at the costs, but we know it will be exciting.

The Best Western DTD has a special for $99 including full breakfast for everyone and a pizza delivered to your room on the day of arrival.

I know that there are strong feelings about onsite/offsite just from reading the discussion boards, but does anyone have comments about this location, and its viability for WDW rookies? Honestly, the price of some of the on-sites gives me the shakes.

Thanks for your input.

Golferboy

Hi golferboy,
This was my review of BWLBV when we returned last April.
We stayed for 12 nights. They should be done the renevations
of the lobby by now. We got a good rate through Dreams Unlimited right here on the DIS, but I haven't seen that good of a rate since.
Hope this helps.

We stayed at the Best Western LBV. We truely enjoyed our stay at this hotel.
We had a room on the 17th floor. There was a great view. We could see Down Town Disney, but not the fireworks. The room was very clean and a good size. It had all the amenities we were looking for, a coffee maker, table and chairs on the balcony a seperate dressing area from the bathroom, and a safe.
The lobby was undergoing a complete remodel and I would say they are 3/4 done.
It will be really nice. The pool wasn't very busy at any time which was great for us.
We were able to enjoy the pool on several occasions.The only thing I would say that they needed to remodel would be their elevators, they looked a little worn.
We also watched the fireworks at epcot from the lounge at the top of the hotel.
We didn't use the buses at the resort because we had
our own van. But they did apear to be running quite
often. There was a sign there that said it ran 1 hour
before park openings and 1 hour after park closing.
And every half hour in between.
We would definatley stay there again.(DreamRes-59.00 a night- great service)

Tracy

I just discovered that Swan accepts Canadian Government employees for a major discount - only $129/night for Dec 20-23/03.

I guess the simple question from a WDW rookie is this - is it worth $30/night and buying breakfast for 4 to stay at Swan versus Best Western?

All replies from WDW veterans appreciated.

Golferboy

I have never been in the Best Western, but the Swan and Dolphin is a great hotel, and by $129 is a great deal.
I have to say the breakfasts there are expensive ($15 for the buffet).
Visit the Swan and Dolphin Website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter