Best Western Anaheim Inn Resort Fee

aliceindisneyland

DIS Veteran
BW Anaheim Inn emailed my confirmations for upcoming trips and I noticed that they now charge a $5 resort fee per night. I've stayed there many times and I may have missed noticing some amenities but I'm pretty sure that if the pool is in the parking lot, it's not a resort.

Why not just call it a parking fee?

Many hotels have parking and resort fees that amount to a lot more than $5 a night. If it's a resort fee they charge everyone, if it's parking they charge those with cars (though be careful because they often still charge people without cars).

That is pretty rich to charge a "resort fee". We're booked at one of their sister hotels (Best Western Park Place Inn) and I don't show a resort fee on ours, but they do have a $10 parking fee. I guess it's just the BW Anahiem Inn that's charging the resort fee? I booked pretty early so perhaps I will get an email later saying that they've changed their policy as well :shrug:

Incidentally we're not bringing a car this year and when I asked for the no car discount which they gave us last year, they said, "Unfortunately, we are only offering the "No Car" rate when we are unable to accommodate a vehicle at the hotel." Are you supposed to just bring a car and hope they can accommodate it, thinking that if they can't a small discount will make up for it?

This would be our sixth year staying there, but given your "resort" fee story and that experience, I am becoming less than impressed with the BW Stovalls group and am beginning to look harder and harder at trying the Park Vue this year...

Resort fees are becoming the new norm. They want their rooms to sell on hotwire and the likes, as they continue to gain popularity. Having your room at $100 a night with a $15 "resort fee" looks better and aids in search results compared to a $115 room with no resort fee.

I'm surprised a Best Western is able to charge a Resort Fee. However, their occupancy rate tells us they can, and now they're making a few extra thousand dollars a month.

I think most hotels now near the park are charging some form of that. The only one I can think of offhand which charges neither parking or resort fess is the Howard Johnson's. And they have a nice little water park that could, in theory, justify a charge of that kind. However, their room rates have progressively gone up, making up for the lack of fees.

In my experience most hotels around Anaheim do not charge resort fees. Recently I've stayed at the Sheraton Anaheim, Hotel Indigo and Park Vue Inn and none of them charged resort fees. The Hotel Indigo and Park Vue Inn did not even charge parking fees the last time I stayed at their hotels. The worst place that I know of for charging resort fees is pretty much any hotel in Vegas.

The worst place that I know of for charging resort fees is pretty much any hotel in Vegas.

At least they are resorts. We're staying at the Desert Inn (across from the park), and we have both a parking and a resort fee. It's annoying, but we got a good rate. Large city taxes on top of it all too though...

For our dates next week, BWPPI wanted us to park at Garden Walk for $24/night and a 15% room discount -- but not on top of AAA discount. So I'd be overpaying for the inconvenience of parking my car a [long] block away.

I'm surprised the BW Anaheim Inn has held out this long without charging for parking, especially since they recently added breakfast. It's the "resort" idea I find funny!

I'm not a fan of Park Vue; I prefer to stick it out with either of the Harbor Blvd Best Westerns!

That is pretty rich to charge a "resort fee". We're booked at one of their sister hotels (Best Western Park Place Inn) and I don't show a resort fee on ours, but they do have a $10 parking fee. I guess it's just the BW Anahiem Inn that's charging the resort fee? I booked pretty early so perhaps I will get an email later saying that they've changed their policy as well :shrug:

Incidentally we're not bringing a car this year and when I asked for the no car discount which they gave us last year, they said, "Unfortunately, we are only offering the "No Car" rate when we are unable to accommodate a vehicle at the hotel." Are you supposed to just bring a car and hope they can accommodate it, thinking that if they can't a small discount will make up for it?

This would be our sixth year staying there, but given your "resort" fee story and that experience, I am becoming less than impressed with the BW Stovalls group and am beginning to look harder and harder at trying the Park Vue this year...

For our dates next week, BWPPI wanted us to park at Garden Walk for $24/night and a 15% room discount -- but not on top of AAA discount. So I'd be overpaying for the inconvenience of parking my car a [long] block away.

I'm surprised the BW Anaheim Inn has held out this long without charging for parking, especially since they recently added breakfast. It's the "resort" idea I find funny!

I'm not a fan of Park Vue; I prefer to stick it out with either of the Harbor Blvd Best Westerns!

Maybe they are calling it a resort fee and not a parking fee so they can charge everyone, not just people who drive.

We stay at BWPPI and have fortunately never had to park remotely. I wouldn't be thrilled about having to do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter