• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Weight Loss/Work out Secrets....?

ThreeMusketeers

DIS Veteran
What are your best weight loss or work out secrets...

Don't say get off the computer and exercise..I know.:upsidedow ..I HAVE A PROBLEM!:rotfl:

My best tips (for women):

- If you want to narrow your thighs, squat, lunge and press HEAVY. Don't be afraid of 30, 40 or 50 lb. weights or barbells.

- Eat clean. No processed foods and eat 5-6 times per day (small meals)

I dont have any workout secrets, but i have been doing Weight Watchers and following their core program and I have lost 47.5 pounds. I have done well on this program, but I did not on flex, so I am going to stick with it!!!

I dont have any workout secrets, but i have been doing Weight Watchers and following their core program and I have lost 47.5 pounds. I have done well on this program, but I did not on flex, so I am going to stick with it!!!

GOOD FOR YOU!!!! :cool1:

:worship:
wow.

agnes!

#1) Write everything down you eat in a journal. EVERYTHING...it will amaze you how much you are consuming and from that will cut back. This WORKS!!! :thumbsup2

#2) Go for a walk....start out slowly, walk 15 minutes from your home and then turn around walk 15 minutes back and bingo, you have done 30 minutes. :thumbsup2

#3) Wear a pedometer for your walks. Write down the number of steps you do after each walk and TRY to beat that number everyday by going a few more steps each day UNTIL you have reached 10,000 steps DAILY. :thumbsup2

I am a lifetime member of WW!! I lost 65 lbs 2x (after the birth of my DS')!!! :goodvibes

GOOD LUCK!!!! :yay:

Walk everyday and then work it up to 5 miles a day.

When I walk everyday I notice within a week a difference. I drink more water and eat differently with a healthier approach.:thumbsup2

I'm on the Flex Plan, eating primarily Core foods and have lost 50 pounds. I find it easy to overeat Core foods, and I need to watch the calories.

Whatever works!

Mine is:

If It's Not In The House, You Can't Eat It.

It's my #1 diet trick. If I'm going to blow my diet, it's going to be by snacking in front of the tv during prime time. If I don't have cookies/cakes/brownies/crackers/chips/dip/candy/ice cream in the house, then I can't snack on it, and it's too late at night to bother to run to the store or McD's. I've actually spent entire comercial breaks going through my kitchen looking for ANYTHING to snack on, only to go back to the couch when my show is back on empty handed. I do try to keep healthy snacks though. Fresh fruit and veggies, low butter pop corn, stuff like that but nothing that's unhealthy.

I Work full time, so I do these simple things:

- On my 15 minute breaks, I do the stairs in the stairwell (4 reps on 4 flights of steps) this ends up being 640 steps a day

- During my lunch, I walk for a half hour.

Within a few months, my jeans got really loose...so loose that they would fall down without a belt!:cool1:

Easy to do & didn't involve spending extra money joining a club.
I also am starting to drink more water....2 - 3 bottles a day.

I Work full time, so I do these simple things:

- On my 15 minute breaks, I do the stairs in the stairwell (4 reps on 4 flights of steps) this ends up being 640 steps a day

- During my lunch, I walk for a half hour.

Within a few months, my jeans got really loose...so loose that they would fall down without a belt!:cool1:

Easy to do & didn't involve spending extra money joining a club.
I also am starting to drink more water....2 - 3 bottles a day.

I like this idea, i could just walk up and down our stairs at home. 8 x's. :scared:
Good Idea.

Don't let "blowing it" one day wipe out all of your past success. Start over the next day and KEEP AT IT!!

I'm another fan of Weight Watchers. I've lost almost 22 pounds since July 1st and nothing is going to stop me from losing 20 more pounds. Congratulations to all who are losing weight!!

Find an exercise or physical activity that you enjoy and do it at least 3 times a week. For me, this makes a HUGE difference in my weight loss.

What worked for me (I dropped 60lbs in one year doing this) is switching to drinking mainly water, healthy eating with one day of what ever I wanted. I then did a cardio and weight training regimen. The weight training wasn't to bulk up, but rather to tone, so I would perform 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps, and if I could do 3 sets of 15 reps, then it was time to up the weight.

So how it worked:
Day 1 Weights - working shoulders and triceps and cardio
Day 2 Cardio only
Day 3 Weights - working back and hamstrings - NO CARDIO
Day 4 Cardio only
Day 5 Weight - working Chest and biceps and cardio
Day 6 Cardio only
Day 7 Weights - working Legs - Quads only - NO CARDIO

So you work cardio in every day except for the days you work your legs with weights. That's how I dropped my weight.

ETA: I want to clarify something. When I said "...with one day eating what I want" I meant just that, one day and don't over eat. I chose to have one day to eat what I wanted because I didn't want to deprive myself of what I really wanted to eat just to fall off the wagon and over eat down the road. My philosophy on it is, if you have it one day a week then you're not going to loose it down the road and gain it all back by over eating. So if Sunday is the day you pick, then leave it on Sunday and have your pizza, or hamberger. Just leave that stuff out the rest of the week.

Hot chicks in spandex at the gym seem to be the secret to me trying to bench 2 tons. :confused3

Aside that. Do weights before cardio. It's shown that doing weights before cardio helps produce more of the HGH in your body. Plus your cardio will burn more.

I prefer doing my workouts first thing in the AM. I'm in zombie mode by 4-5PM but at least I got it out of the way.

Go whole grain. Cut out sugar. Cut out sodas and ~sniff~ cut out booze. :sad:

You can double your calorie output on the treadmill by putting it on the highest incline.

#1) Write everything down you eat in a journal. EVERYTHING...it will amaze you how much you are consuming and from that will cut back. This WORKS!!! :thumbsup2

GOOD LUCK!!!! :yay:

:thumbsup2 Yep...WRITE IT ALL DOWN!!

I also do the South Beach Diet (with next to no exercise - I hope to change this soon) and it works for me, but a lot of people find it complicated to do. I lost a total of 26lbs in 9 weeks. See my ticker?! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter