Best week in November???

Holly Quinlan

If I gave Pudge tuna I'd be an abomination
What is the best week to visit Disney World in November? I want to see Holiday decorations and have low crowds. What are some weeks I should avoid? TIA

Was just at Disney World November 12th-20th. I would not hesitate to go that same week again. Crowd levels were low, one day at Epcot we felt like we had the entire park to ourselves!

The week to avoid is definitely the week of Thanksgiving.

But the week before that (November 16-22, 2014) should be one of the least busy weeks of the year. Not many parents pull their kids out of school the week prior to a school vacation.

I've read that the first week of November is usually very nice. The weather is nice and you may be able to do the (last?) Halloween party as well as the Christmas party if my memory is correct...

I've read that the first week of November is usually very nice. The weather is nice and you may be able to do the (last?) Halloween party as well as the Christmas party if my memory is correct...

The first week of NOV is also the last week of Food and Wine Festival! Weekdays aren't too overcrowded in EPCOT, weekends=very, very crowded!

The first week of NOV there will be some Christmas decorations up but not all!

This year, I'm started out with the last weekend of F&W:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 and staying the following week! Nov 7-15.

We've gone the first week of Oct the last 3 years, but are going to go the first of Nov this year hoping for slightly cooler weather. Also, we will be there for the first weekend of the Christmas party and really want to try that out.

We did food and wine last time and the Halloween party. I'm wanting more of Holiday stuff this time so I'm pretty sure we won't be going the first week of November. Was thinking the week before thanksgiving I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't be crowded that close to a holiday?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

The first week in Nov tends to be more crowded due to Jersey week, the end of Food and Wine and the half marathon. If I could pick I would definitely go after Nov 12 but before Thanksgiving.

I agree with the previous posters - have been during the first week of Nov and during Jersey week (they are not always the same fulll week). Those weeks can be pretty crowded, and the Christmas decorations are not completely up. It comes down to a choice between the week directly before and after Thanksgiving week for us. The week before has low crowds until Saturday, when the holiday folks start to arrive. The week after has the holiday crowds still with you until Monday. So, both weeks have very low crowds Mon-Fri.

We chose the week after last time because we wanted to enjoy some of the things that don't start until after the holiday is past - particularily the Candlelight Processional.

We went nov 13-20 last year and it was totally manageable. It was after jersey week and there were some holiday decorations up mostly in the parks.

We were there this past year from the 14TH-24TH. It was the Friday after Veterans Day until the Sunday before Thanksgiving. The only day that was slightly crowded was the 23RD. Thanksgiving crowds moving in. The rest was amazing. It really varies date wise though, because Thanksgiving can fall much earlier than it did this past year.

Dates to watch out for-
Jersey week- slightly busier
Veterans weekend, which usually coincides with F&W ending- can be very busy
Thanksgiving week- busier yet

I too was wondering when the best week in Nov would be. Kinda needed to go first week because of Basketball season, Hubby coaches. But would like to see some Holiday decorations, The Very Merry Xmas experience and Osbourne lights. What are my chances say Nov 2- 9 to see any of that?
Thanks

I too was wondering when the best week in Nov would be. Kinda needed to go first week because of Basketball season, Hubby coaches. But would like to see some Holiday decorations, The Very Merry Xmas experience and Osbourne lights. What are my chances say Nov 2- 9 to see any of that?
Thanks

The only Christmas thing that MIGHT be up by then is the Osborne Lights. In 2013, they started on November 8.

I was just coming to ask this same question about Nov.Does anyone remember when the free dining ran for Nov last year? We're looking at going the 1st week of Nov. It's our 25th anniversary and we went o Disney on our honeymoon.

I was just coming to ask this same question about Nov.Does anyone remember when the free dining ran for Nov last year? We're looking at going the 1st week of Nov. It's our 25th anniversary and we went o Disney on our honeymoon.
I don't remember when it ended but when we were there we checked in October 29-November 6 and had free dining

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

The only Christmas thing that MIGHT be up by then is the Osborne Lights. In 2013, they started on November 8.

Both the MVMCP and the Osborne Lights started on November 8th last year, which was a Friday. If both were to start on the 7th this year, it would be possible to do the MVMCP on Friday, and the Osborne Lights on Saturday. But probably the only Christmas decorations that would be up that early would be at the MK, since it has to be decorated in time for the first MVMCP.

Anyone know how difficult it will be to rent points at BWV the week before thanksgiving?

Pretty sure some of the dates for the free dining were from the 11TH to the 23RD. I know we had it for our trip. Think there was an early November cutoff (maybe the 2nd) and it started back up the 11TH.

ETA: Just looked up the exact dates from last year.....
September 29 - October 2
October 18 - November 2
November 11 - 23
December 12 - 22

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter