• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Week IN December

Disneylover79

<font color=darkorchid>I'm a cheap date!<br><font
OK I have asked this so many times.... I promise I will try and remember the info you give me... SO what is the bext week in December to go.... and why..... Thanks again

Not sure if you're refering to this December, but I'm going to assume you are.

After extensive research, I recently came to the conclusion that Nov. 30 - Dec. 7 would be the best time to go for my family.

Dec. 6 - 13 will be Pop Warner week, which can give you a few problems at the Value Resorts as well as POR/POFQ.

I would say my first choice would be the week after Thanksgiving, followed by Dec. 13 - 20.

However, if you're not going to be staying at any of the value resorts or POR/POFQ, you could actually make it during Pop Warner Week; as long as you don't mind seeing a cheerleader/football player here or there.

I chose Nov. 30 - Dec. 7 (Week after Thanksgiving) because typically, and I emphasize typically, crowds are the lightest during the week after Thanksgiving, and slowly increase week-to-week as you get closer to Christmas.

I hope all of my rambling helped. :lmao:

The problem this year is that Thanksgiving is late. We like to travel on Saturday and be in the parks by Sunday. That makes the week after Thanksgiving a no-go for us. (Sunday will be too crowded.)

Personnaly I would avoid the PW crowd. Too much RAH-RAH!:cheer2:

I concur with the 3rd week if you can't do the first week.:thumbsup2

PW week wouldn't be a disaster. The only time it affects teh parks are at night.

The problem this year is that Thanksgiving is late. We like to travel on Saturday and be in the parks by Sunday. That makes the week after Thanksgiving a no-go for us. (Sunday will be too crowded.)
I hear what you're saying, but I don't understand how Thanksgiving being later affects the crowds for the week after Thanksgiving. I mean, it's still the week after Thanksgiving. Now Easter being earlier this year definitely affects crowd levels because it moves spring breaks up. But Thanksgiving is a nationwide holiday so all schools get out that week. The only thing I see Thanksgiving being later affecting is the number of slow weeks you'll have before Christmas, the week after Thanksgiving will most likely still hold it's true form of being Disney slow :confused3 .

I was wondering the same thing as I'm planning on returning either the week before Christmas (Dec 13-20) or the week before Thanksgiving.

Thank you for all your help..... we were looking at the week before Christmas... Keep the suggestions coming....

The Sunday after Thanksgiving may not be as bad as you are thinking. That is usually a big travel day after Thanksgiving.
When we went this week in 2005 Sunday was not busy. I know it has picked up each year since then from what I've read on here.
My family plans to arrive Sat. and begin touring Sunday after Thanksgiving!!!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter