Best WDW resort for honeymoon?

DanielleNYY

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I apologize if this has been asked before, but my fiance and I are planning on having our honeymoon in Disney World. I'm wondering, which resort is the best for this occasion?
Any and all opinions are helpful! Thanks!

Well, it's what you and your fiancee like most. If you love animals, AKL or Kidani is nice. Overall, the most romantic resort IMO is Polynesian, GF, or CBR.

All depends on what your into but GF screams honeymoon to me. Despite that I would choose Poly myself.

I would suggest Epcot area b/c slightly lower percentage of really young kids. Also, at night, fun to walk around the area from resort to resort, feels like being on a "vacation" rather than just Disney vacation (in my opinion.) So bc (or yc for even fewer really small kids), or even swan or dolphin which have even more of an "adult" vibe, although ultimately, it is all still Disney, so plenty of children everywhere.

You don't mention your budget. I am bias, but we loved POFQ for ours 12 years ago. Now we own DVC and I miss that wonderful romantic resort.

If you can afford deluxe, I recommend Poly. GF always seems so sterile when I am there. Poly has character if that makes sense.

Good luck and congrats!

I would suggest Epcot area b/c slightly lower percentage of really young kids. Also, at night, fun to walk around the area from resort to resort, feels like being on a "vacation" rather than just Disney vacation (in my opinion.) So bc (or yc for even fewer really small kids), or even swan or dolphin which have even more of an "adult" vibe, although ultimately, it is all still Disney, so plenty of children everywhere.

Ill second that. An Epcot area resort, especially Boardwalk, would give you the most options for adult nighttime entertainment and dining when you factor in the bars and club at the Boardwalk itself and all the dining that is in walking distance at BC/YC, Swan/Dolphin, and Epcot itself.

DH and I stayed at CBR for our honeymoon and we loved it. Beautiful resort and we were able to see the fireworks from Epcot.

My recommendation would totally depend on your budget. Any of the moderate or deluxe resorts could fit the bill. Once you know your budget, look at the resorts that qualify and then pick the one that feels right to you. Any of them could be considered romantic as long as it really appeals to you.

We have stayed at several of the deluxes for special anniversaries. AKL is our favourite. One of our DDs stayed there for her honeymoon, as well. Our other daughter stayed at POFQ for her honeymoon and loved it.

Hi all,

I apologize if this has been asked before, but my fiance and I are planning on having our honeymoon in Disney World. I'm wondering, which resort is the best for this occasion?
Any and all opinions are helpful! Thanks!

The Poly would be my choice for a honeymoon. The tropical atmosphere is beautiful, the beach is great for relaxing in a hammock watching the fireworks, and it's romantic walking around at night under the lit tiki torches. Being on the monorail is also convenient to a lot of great dining options at the GF and CR. Good luck deciding, although I'm sure you'll have a great honeymoon regardless of which resort you choose.

So many great suggestions! Thanks!

The budget is around $4,000 for everything (resort, meal plan, tickets with park hopper). I really like the idea of CSR and the Epcot resorts. I stayed at BC once with my sister and while everyone was super nice there, the place was a little dirty. Maybe Boardwalk and YC could work? My sister and I are staying at Poly in September for 5 days, so that could be a contender too if all goes well. The last two times my sister and I stayed at Contemporary we were disappointed with their customer service, so I think it might be time for a change.

We're going to make the reservations directly with Disney, cut out the travel agent, so I really appreciate the helpful suggestions!

My friend recently had her honeymoon at Disney and they stayed at the AKL.

They had a balcony room right near the entrance where they brought the animals in every morning. Their routine was to make the coffee and go out on the balcony and watch them stroll in the morning, before going off to the parks (themselves, not the animals).

They said the restaurant and lounge staff were wonderful. My friend really loved the glow cubes and had purchased a couple of drinks with them during the week. On the last night there, the bartender, who had been with them all week - you really do get into a routine - handed her a box and it was filled with glow cubes - she was thrilled.

DH and I honeymooned at Disney (11 years ago). We stayed at All Star Sports and it was the most romantic trip ever....:lovestruc
Seriously, I could have stayed anywhere since I had finally married the love of my life...it's all about just being together and starting out.

Plus, we were 23 years old and didn't have a lot of money, so the budget required All-Stars. :goodvibes

I'm so glad that someone asked about this, because I was just considering posting about it myself.

We haven't 100% decided yet, but my fiance and I are leaning towards the Contemporary Resort, if we can rent DVC points then BLT. I think your resort choice depends on your personal preferences as a couple. For us, we definitely want to stay at a deluxe resort (you only get one honeymoon!). We're going to try to spend most of our daytime at the parks, so stuff like character breakfasts and swimming don't really matter to us. We're not huge drinkers, so we don't really care about having places to go out drinking nearby. We're big foodies, so we definitely want to have access to good restaurants. All of this led us to choose the Contemporary - my family has always stayed at Poly, so I didn't want to spend my honeymoon there, and I have never been a fan of GF (too snobbish imo).

TL;DR: Figure out what you prefer as a couple (or know what you don't want) and go from there! :)

We loved our Disneymoon! We stayed at the Poly and it was fantastic. We loved watching the MK fireworks every night from the beach. For our first anniversary we stayed at the WL and I would highly recommend that too!!

Garden Suite at the BWI - so romantic - lovely little garden, private entrance. Quick stroll to Epcot. Near the quiet pool that is surrounded by beautiful plantings.

Check out the Boardwalk thread - you'll see lots of lovely pictures of these suites!

Another vote for a Garden Suite at the Boardwalk Inn. Very romantic and quiet plus an awesome bathroom! After seeing your budget though it'll go way over by staying there.

Grand Floridian hands down! We stayed there in December for our wedding/honeymoon and it was absolutely amazing! We had outer building theme park view. We got to look out and see the castle before bed and while we were getting ready in the morning... It was truly magical!!!

We will be at POR in Sept for our honeymoon. I can't tell which im more excited about the wedding or our disneymoon?! :bride:

We stayed at Grand Floridian for our honeymoon and again club level for our 10 year anniversary and vow renewal at the wedding pavilion. Loved it! Romantic , I think not as many large families with small children

If you want moderate port Orleans French quarter

Value Pop

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter