Best way to surprise Son with Cruise

We gave it to him as a Christmas gift ...we bought a cool Mickey Mouse Beach Towel, the Cruise Ship Ornament, Sunblock, goggles, Mickey PJ's and vacation goodies, a 2015 calendar I made from Shutterfly using old cruise pictures to just refresh his memory and I added Countdown dates and his own piece of luggage (StarWars Storm Trooper from American Tourister) wrapped up with the Cruise material and we had Mickey and Minnie call on Christmas morning...it wasn't really a surprise being that we cruised in 2013 and he asked for it for Christmas since we skipped 2014 BUT it really was all he wanted - and the anticipation all year has been fun...he's turning 8 though so I still get that constant "How many more days?" Question....I am such a fan of Disney Cruise Line there was no way I could keep it a secret from him until last minute like some people do. My husband and I must talk about it at least 3-4 times a week and now at the final countdown 6 days to go until we sail on 9/26 we talk about it 5-6 times a day....good secret keepers we are not!

We're planning to suprise our 12 yr . Plan to tell him were going for a beach trip. Drive to galveston the night before. Wake up and act like we weren't happy with the room (idea I saw from these boards ) so hubby acts like he gets us new room so we pack up and then drive over to port... when he asks why were at the port parking... oh did we not tell you ..our new room is on the disney wonder! He will flip!

for our cruise in April 2010. I had thought about not telling my son, who was 12 at the time, about the cruise. He knew we were going to Florida for school vacation week, which was also his birthday. We thought about flying in and just drive to the port and let him be surprised. But there was no way I could keep it a secret for that long. Plus, part of the fun is seeing his excitement in the weeks leading up to us leaving. We ended up gift wrapping the cruise information and he opened it on Christmas.

I had Mickey call Christmas morning and tell both boys ages 8 and 10 before they opened their gifts of Disney beach things like towels, swim suits, snorkel gear, tervis cups, pirate costumes (on clearance after Halloween) disposable waterproof cameras, etc.

Oh gosh there alee so many fun and great ideas out there. We didn't tell our kids until we were en route to the port. When they saw the ship we asked if they'd like to go on it and they said yes but we think they thought we'd get on then off. The looks when they figured it out were priceless. Good luck not only are there these boards, there's pinterest, You'll have tons!!!! of idea. Happy sailing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter