• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best way to split epcot into 2 days?

Danny K

DIS Veteran
This question probably has been asked a million times, but I want to know more information. So I have 2 days at epcot: a thursday, and a monday in mid july. We are 2 adults and 2 children (9 and 13 years), and want to hit every attraction. So how would you split it up, I see some people say FW one day, and WS another day, and other people say FW from like 9:00am-lunch time, and WS the rest of the day, and then head back to FW for their favorite attractions before dinner, and illuminations. So how would you split it. I have a 7:15pm ADR at San Angel Inn (might switch to Teppan Edo), on the first day, and want to watch illuminations, after ADR. The second day, I have an 8:00pm ADR at Tutto Italia, and not watching illuminations. SO how would you split it up?

We usually split it up FW when we first get there and WS in the afternoon. The reason is because the WS doesn't open until 11 am most (if not all) of the time. That gives you time to ride Soarin, Nemo, Mission Space, etc.. We usually try and do an early lunch (as close to 11 am as possible) at one of the different countries and then head back for round 2 of the rides.

Since you are spending 2 days there you should have plenty of time to ride everything multiple times. It could depend on what resort you are staying at too. If you stay at BWI/BWV, Swan & Dolphin, BC/YC then you could easily walk to Epcot and do the WS first (as long as it's open) since it is next to the International Gateway. If that's the case then you could leave the resort around 10:30 am and walk the WS right away.

You may want to skip Captain EO. Could scare the kids. Not because it's too scary but because it's a 1980's Michael Jackson short movie. You will wish you got the time added back to your life. :)

I would split the park in half and do the right side on one day and the left side the next day. That way you don't have to worry about which headliner to do because Soarin and TT are on opposite sides of the park. Start the day in FW and work your way around to the middle of WS before heading to dinner.

We usually spend 2 days at Epcot and then 1 night combined with dinner and illuminations. We are a family of 3 and have a 12 year old son.
On both days my son and I go to Innovations and ride the build your own rollercoaster atleast 3 times, my son loves this but the queues do build up. My husband is wonderful and a great fast pass runner. So on the first morning he will go straight Test Track to get a fast pass and also have a ride himself. He then comes back to innovations and always says he can here me screaming as soon as he comes through the door! (Love build your own rollercoaster). So by the time we have finsihed in Innovations we go to test track for our fast pass and maybe do single rider aswell. Then we go to mission space, never seems to be a queue even in July/August. Alot of the other rides are good with regards to crowds so we don't rush. On the second day my husband will go and get fastpasses for Soaring while we are in innovations ans then after soaring we'll try test track again. On both days we will walk around world showcase and hopefully have lunch in England, Buy treats from Germany. Always go in spaceship earth on the way out. We usually do everything else in Innovations aswell.
Then come back for an evening visit but mainly for dinner and illuminations.
Cant wait to go back in July.

We are also doing 2 days in Epcot. Our plan is to do half of future world one day and then start WS from the right, then the next day do the other half of future world and start WS from the left.

I would split the park in half and do the right side on one day and the left side the next day. That way you don't have to worry about which headliner to do because Soarin and TT are on opposite sides of the park. Start the day in FW and work your way around to the middle of WS before heading to dinner.

This is EXACTLY the way we have always toured Epcot. It makes everything so much easier when you don't have to cross back and forth in FW. By not doing Soarin and TT on the same day, life becomes much less complicated.

I also agree to split the park left to right. Start the day with getting either the Test Track or Soarin Fast Pass, spend time on that side of Future World until your Fast Pass time and then head to World Showcase.

I was at Epcot for 2.5 days earlier this month and didn't have time to see everything. So, I would have a list in your mind of things that can be cut from your list in a time crunch. Personally, I would much rather have sufficient time to thoroughly explore the countries and their entertainment than see Circle of Life, Captain EO, or spend much time in Innoventions. Ellen's Universe is a really long ride, I think it is worth seeing once but it would be on my sacrifice list compared to some of the other options.

Every time I am making up my touring plan for EPCOT, I always remind myself how big the park is and how much walking is involved yet when I get there, it is still bigger than I remembered.

If you will be there during the Flower and Garden show, set some time aside to go through the gardens.

Oh, and I have not eaten at Teppan Edo, but San Angel is very cool and the food is really good.

I would suggest the two "half" idea too, but I would recommend FW after 3:00 for everything but Soarin' But I don't think you need to rush. Get there after RD to avoid the crowds and lines at the bag check, then walk up and get your Soarin' or Test Track FP. Then head up to World Showcase and start at the top, American Adventure or Japan then work your way back to Future World. Hopefully your FPs will be later in the afternoon for this to work.

You can grab a nice lunch either at Morocco, France or UK at CS on one day and Germany, Norway or Mexico the other.

Get back into Future World around 3-4. Mostly everything is usually a walk-on by then, other than the FP attractions that you have. Nightime in Future World is beautiful and it's so much less stressful going there in the evening.

Our family doesn't care about Soarin' and we park hop, so we usually do Future World as an afternoon/evening at least twice. First thing in the morning is a crazy mad rush to everything and something we prefer to avoid.

Oh, and I have not eaten at Teppan Edo, but San Angel is very cool and the food is really good.

As others have said, splitting the park into left and right has a lot of benefits. This is especially true with the ADRs you have. You can work your way toward them through the evening and end there. In the case of San Angel you may want to take a friendship boat to the far side of WS and work your way back toward Mexico.

I would suggest the two "half" idea too, but I would recommend FW after 3:00 for everything but Soarin' But I don't think you need to rush. Get there after RD to avoid the crowds and lines at the bag check, then walk up and get your Soarin' or Test Track FP. Then head up to World Showcase and start at the top, American Adventure or Japan then work your way back to Future World. Hopefully your FPs will be later in the afternoon for this to work.

You can grab a nice lunch either at Morocco, France or UK at CS on one day and Germany, Norway or Mexico the other.

Get back into Future World around 3-4. Mostly everything is usually a walk-on by then, other than the FP attractions that you have. Nightime in Future World is beautiful and it's so much less stressful going there in the evening.

Our family doesn't care about Soarin' and we park hop, so we usually do Future World as an afternoon/evening at least twice. First thing in the morning is a crazy mad rush to everything and something we prefer to avoid.

Thanks. I really like what you put.

So the first day I was thinking to: (I will move my ADR from SAI to Teppan Edo).

Complete the land pavilion rides, and shows before world showcase opens at 11:00am. But maybe start at Canada, and move up, because Canada, UK, and France are best at WS opening. Grab Lunch at CS in Morocco. Finish Touring World Showcase, ending with seeing american adventure show. Then begin heading back to FW grabbing a snack at Boulangerie Patisserie on my way. Then tour innoventions west for 1-2 hours depending on time. Then do imagination pavilion, then seas pavilion. Make my ADR at Teppan Edo.

Second Day:

Get an FP for TT, and ride standby. Ride Ellen's Energy Adventure. Use FP for TT. Move on to WS starting with mexico. Grab lunch at cantina de san angel. Work my way up, grab a snack at sommerfest in germany. Tour Italy. Take the boat from germany back to future world. Tour innoventions east for 1-2 hours depending on time. Get FP for Mission Space, ride standby, advanced training lab, then use FP. Ride Spaceship Earth. Tutto Italia ADR. Watch Illuminations from Italy pavilion.

So the first day I was thinking to: (I will move my ADR from SAI to Teppan Edo).

Complete the land pavilion rides, and shows before world showcase opens at 11:00am. But maybe start at Canada, and move up, because Canada, UK, and France are best at WS opening. Grab Lunch at CS in Morocco. Finish Touring World Showcase, ending with seeing american adventure show. Then begin heading back to FW grabbing a snack at Boulangerie Patisserie on my way. Then tour innoventions west for 1-2 hours depending on time. Then do imagination pavilion, then seas pavilion. Make my ADR at Teppan Edo.

Second Day:

Get an FP for TT, and ride standby. Ride Ellen's Energy Adventure. Use FP for TT. Move on to WS starting with mexico. Grab lunch at cantina de san angel. Work my way up, grab a snack at sommerfest in germany. Tour Italy. Take the boat from germany back to future world. Tour innoventions east for 1-2 hours depending on time. Get FP for Mission Space, ride standby, advanced training lab, then use FP. Ride Spaceship Earth. Tutto Italia ADR. Watch Illuminations from Italy pavilion.

Sounds great! As long as you don't mind the back and forth on your second day, you'll be fine. It's a lot of walking from Spaceship Earth to Italy, even with the Friendship boat.

Second Day:

My only critique is that if you are there at park open, you will be able to get a lot more done than what you have listed before WS opens. If you go straight to The Land at RD and get in line for Soarin', then ride Living with the Land and see Circle of Life, you'll be done with the entire pavilion in an hour. That leaves you with another hour before WS opens at 11. Consider adding The Seas and/or SSE to your first day morning itinerary.

Similarly, on your second day, 2 rides on TT and Ellen will likely still leave you with some time. I'd probably head for Innoventions.

My only critique is that if you are there at park open, you will be able to get a lot more done than what you have listed before WS opens. If you go straight to The Land at RD and get in line for Soarin', then ride Living with the Land and see Circle of Life, you'll be done with the entire pavilion in an hour. That leaves you with another hour before WS opens at 11. Consider adding The Seas and/or SSE to your first day morning itinerary.

Similarly, on your second day, 2 rides on TT and Ellen will likely still leave you with some time. I'd probably head for Innoventions.

Yep this is pretty much exactly what we did and we had lunch at the land. But there are LOTS of choices in WS i wish we would have waited

As many others have said, our typical two day plan in Epcot is to split Future World in half. Do one side each morning, and go over to World Showcase around noon time to spend the afternoon / evening there.

I find that World Showcase takes up much more of our time than Future World does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter