Best way to get to Target on Harbor Blvd.

hkkatie

Mouseketeer
We are staying at one of the main gate hotels and need to do a Target run on our arrival day. We are planning to take a shuttle from LAX to our hotel, and will not be renting a car. It will be me and 4 kids (ages 5-15). We will not have car seats with us. What is the best way for us to get to Target and back again to our hotel? Should we just plan on taking the bus? Would a taxi take us that short distance? Uber? Would we need car seats for taxi or Uber?

Thanks.

The bus or Anaheim Resort Transit will take you there. Depending on what you're purchasing, you may want to take Uber or taxi back.

I would not worry at all about a car seat for that short one mile drive.

You don’t get to choose not to worry about it - an Uber driver can not legally drive a child under 8 without a booster or car seat.

I would go myself by Uber and keep the kids at the hotel. The 15 year old should be more than old enough to keep an eye on their siblings for an hour?

Actually, I wouldn’t even do that. We order grocery delivery when we travel, as I often travel with 3 kids alone. Check out Vons/Pavillions. The delivery fee is less than an Uber!

For minor groceries and sundries, the 24/7 CVS and the Walgreens (both located across the street from each other at the corner of Katella and Harbor) should be able to meet your needs. Those are easy walking distance to the main gate hotels. Don't forget to bring your own tote bags or to budget some extra change for plastic shopping bags at the register.
For major groceries, the delivery suggestion above is good. Vons.com or Amazon (especially if you have Prime) will deliver to the DLR area hotels.
And do worry about the car seat -- it's about the law in CA, not about the distance. If needing transportation for more than groceries might be an issue, look into travel boosters like Bubblebum and Mifold. Posters here like them and give good reviews. They can be found on Amazon.com.

Maybe your shuttle service might stop off at Target first, particularly if it is Karmel or similar. Give them a call, it can only help :)

You will to take OCTA route 43 or 543 from the Disneyland bus stop on Harbor Boulevard to Harbor Boulevard and Orangethorpe Ave. Its a 10min bus ride.

The Target is located in the Fullerton MetroCenter shopping center on the corner of Harbor Boulevard and Orangethorpe Ave.

http://octa.net/busbook/

Another option is to use a car service, like Lansky's. Lansky's will make one short stop on the way to your hotel. You could request a stop at Target. I believe Lansky's also provides car seats.

Another option is to use a car service, like Lansky's. Lansky's will make one short stop on the way to your hotel. You could request a stop at Target. I believe Lansky's also provides car seats.

Lansky’s are great, we use them all the time but they only allow a 20 minute stop. So unless you are good at speed shopping with your kids, I’d give them a miss.

Lansky’s are great, we use them all the time but they only allow a 20 minute stop. So unless you are good at speed shopping with your kids, I’d give them a miss.

But for others following this thread, this could be another option. Also, if an order is placed online to be picked up at a specific Target on the way to the hotel, then the stop could easily be 20 minutes or less. But, if the goal here is a leisurely shopping/browsing trip, then the bus would certainly be a better option.

You will to take OCTA route 43 or 543 from the Disneyland bus stop on Harbor Boulevard to Harbor Boulevard and Orangethorpe Ave. Its a 10min bus ride.

The Target is located in the Fullerton MetroCenter shopping center on the corner of Harbor Boulevard and Orangethorpe Ave.

http://octa.net/busbook/

Thanks! This helps with my planning as well!

But now I am actually really confused because I thought the public bus service in Anaheim would be ART. So, is OCTA the bus service for the Anaheim area and ART mainly for around Disneyland? Or just two different things altogether? :confused3
The public transportation system in the US is just pretty confusing for me I guess...

But now I am actually really confused because I thought the public bus service in Anaheim would be ART. So, is OCTA the bus service for the Anaheim area and ART mainly for around Disneyland? Or just two different things altogether? :confused3
The public transportation system in the US is just pretty confusing for me I guess...

OCTA is the major public transportation organization just like what you would find in any big city.
ART has less "public" feeling, the style is more like a hotel shuttle service. BTW, ART also goes there: http://rideart.org/routes-and-schedules/harbor-blvd-line/.

Last edited:

ART stands for Anaheim Resort Transportation, they are the bus service that serves the Resort Area of Anaheim. They have only one hub and that is Disneyland and all their routes branch out from that hub and only serve major tourist destinations and hotels in and around Anaheim.

OCTA stands for Orange County Transportation Authority, they are the public bus system of Orange County.

OCTA is the major public transportation organization just like what you would find in any big city.
ART has less "public" feeling, the style is more like a hotel shuttle service. BTW, ART also goes there: http://rideart.org/routes-and-schedules/harbor-blvd-line/.

ART stands for Anaheim Resort Transportation, they are the bus service that serves the Resort Area of Anaheim. They have only one hub and that is Disneyland and all their routes branch out from that hub and only serve major tourist destinations and hotels in and around Anaheim.

OCTA stands for Orange County Transportation Authority, they are the public bus system of Orange County.

Thanks!:flower3:
I guess I am well set now for my upcoming trip...( the first one without a rental car...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter