best way to get to Epcot from Wilderness Lodge

lrauers

Mouseketeer
We'll be at Wilderness Lodge mid-August. I've read reports that the bus service from WL to Epcot is inconsistent and can take a VERY long time. Would it be quicker to take the boat to Magic Kingdom and then take the monorail? Any suggestions?

When we stayed at the WL, we've never had any problem... Buses or boats to monorail...

Sometimes we enjoy the long monorail ride and boat over to the CR to catch it and switch at the TTC for the EPCOT line.... Or bus to EPCOT and monorail back to either MK or CR for boat to WL...we're never in any hurry and speed is not a necessity to our travels so we tend to utilize all means of transportation possible..

The bus is fine, there are people who will always complain about the bus. I guess living right next to NYC sorta trains you to handle mass transit!

Even if you had to wait 20-30 minutes for a bus, it will still be much faster to take a bus to EPCOT from WL than taking a route that involves 2 transfers (and the waits that go along with that).

I've stayed at WL several times, and never had much of a problem with bus transportation anywhere from there.

The bus ride from WL to Epcot is about 10 minutes: about as long as the monorail ride from the TTC.

We enjoy taking a boat to the Contemporary, and then taking the monorail to Epcot BUT it does take up A LOT of time...factor in an hour. We do it because we like boats and monorails, but you definitely can't be in a hurry when you're traveling that way!

I did a split stay last month, VGF & WL. On my arrival day at VGF, it took almost an hour to get to Epcot using the monorails. From WL, we used the direct bus. The only problem was WL was the very last stop at Epcot, it was a long way from the exit.

I did a split stay last month, VGF & WL. On my arrival day at VGF, it took almost an hour to get to Epcot using the monorails. From WL, we used the direct bus. The only problem was WL was the very last stop at Epcot, it was a long way from the exit.

I understand for those with mobility problems, but having stayed at both resorts in recent years, the direct bus to Epcot from WL is a comfort. On my last GF stay it took almost as long as your commute: 50 minutes to Epcot from the GF monorail station to entering the park. From the WL, by contrast, we waited five minutes for the bus and another 10 for the commute. We were under Spaceship Earth in 25 minutes.

I think that the bus to Epcot is by far the quickest of the WL busses (though I can't vouch for MK cause we always take the boat). It makes a quick stop at FW then onto Epcot which is super close, in my opinion. And I HATE the busses, but this is one I consider riding - the WL to Epcot bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter