Best way to get to Cape May for early breakfast

mastermind307

DIS Veteran
Thinking about going to Cape May for an early breakfast at 7:30. I know buses run early and we've gone to Magic Kingdom for an early breakfast at CP, but we've never gone to a resort for an early breakfast. Would we go to a park and then catch a bus to the Beach Club? We are staying at Wilderness Lodge.
My in-laws will have a rental car so we could drive, but then we have to go park in the EPCOT lot instead of just walking over to the International Gateway.
If we have a 7:30 adr, would we be done in time for rope drop?

I don't think it would be easy to go from resort-park-resort that early. If I couldn't drive (that is how we plan on going to an 8 am add this summer) or take a taxi, I would take a bus to DHS and then walk or maybe catch the boat to Beach Club.

Taxi will be quickest and simplest. Otherwise you need to be in motion no later than 6:30. And Disney suggests more time than that be budgeted, they suggest starting 90 minutes out.

I figured it would be difficult. Since we are staying at Wilderness Lodge, would going to one of the monorail resorts for breakfast be easier?

Its not difficult. If you want to use a taxi, you walk out of the front of your hotel, and the staff calls one over for you. If you want to go to one of the monorail resorts you will still need to either take a taxi, or go to a park and then transfer to that resort by monorail or boat. There is no direct resort to resort transportation.

Personally....I would bring the rental car and park at the Beach Club...you are allowed to park if you have a dining reservation. Not sure what the time limit is....3 hours I think? So one person can go move the car to the Epcot lot when finished, while everyone else goes through the International Gateway. Or...and again, I am not sure about the rules, but could you valet park the car at Beach Club and leave it there? Since you are having a meal there...and you could always ask the valet what the rule is. Even if you have to park at the Epcot lot, you are still saving a lot of time. Even for your trip back to the Wilderness Lodge...no bus!

Enjoy your trip. Wilderness Lodge is so peaceful.

Its not difficult. If you want to use a taxi, you walk out of the front of your hotel, and the staff calls one over for you. If you want to go to one of the monorail resorts you will still need to either take a taxi, or go to a park and then transfer to that resort by monorail or boat. There is no direct resort to resort transportation.

I just thought it might be easier to get to one of monorail resorts because of our location, take a boat to CR and then hop on the monorail (if they are running that early) to go over to one of resorts.

Personally....I would bring the rental car and park at the Beach Club...you are allowed to park if you have a dining reservation. Not sure what the time limit is....3 hours I think? So one person can go move the car to the Epcot lot when finished, while everyone else goes through the International Gateway. Or...and again, I am not sure about the rules, but could you valet park the car at Beach Club and leave it there? Since you are having a meal there...and you could always ask the valet what the rule is. Even if you have to park at the Epcot lot, you are still saving a lot of time. Even for your trip back to the Wilderness Lodge...no bus!

Enjoy your trip. Wilderness Lodge is so peaceful.

If we drove, we'd just move the car to the EPCOT parking lot. How far is it and how much time would it take? I'm not sure about taking a taxi, how much would that cost? Since we will have a car, seems silly to pay for a taxi, but if it saves some time and hassle, it might be worth it.

It is only a 3 mile drive from Yacht & Beach to Epcot...but probably 10 minutes with traffic lights. I was just thinking, too, that it is kind of a long walk from Cape May Cafe to International Gateway. I don't mind the walk myself, but I've done it so many times I'm used to it. Not sure how much cab fare would be for your crew. We've paid $10 for a 3 mile trip for two of us, five years ago. More people might mean bigger cab....don't know.

My other thought was taking a bus to the MK (CAN you take a bus to MK or is boat the only option?) and getting on a Beach Club bus....but that bus has more than one stop.

Seems like the best thing is take a cab there and bus back...or drive...or change your breakfast plans. LOL, I am a big help. Love Cape May for their New England Clam Bake buffet!!

I would get a taxi if you are going early in the morning. Otherwise I might take the bus to HS and then boat over to the BC.

I would take a cab over, and then walk over to Epcot via the International Gateway after breakfast. The walk is under 10 mins and an easy one. If you took a bus to DHS, it would then take you about 20 mins to walk back to YC/BC. The boats are most likely not running that early, unless the parks are open at 8! You would need to be on the first bus, around 6:30ish, then walk to YC/BC. This would get you there about 7:15ish.
A cab will cost around $15, with you leaving WL around 7:10ish.

I would just take the car to the Beach Club and then walk into Epcot through the International Gateway for the day. You most likely won't have any issues leaving the car in the lot the rest of the day. As resort guests, we do it all the time when we dine at other resorts.

I would just take the car to the Beach Club and then walk into Epcot through the International Gateway for the day. You most likely won't have any issues leaving the car in the lot the rest of the day. As resort guests, we do it all the time when we dine at other resorts.

It is bad form to park your car all day in another resort's guest parking. The lots are not large enough to accommodate people parking for the day. Not to mention, most resorts have signs up stating it is not allowed.

It is bad form to park your car all day in another resort's guest parking. The lots are not large enough to accommodate people parking for the day. Not to mention, most resorts have signs up stating it is not allowed.

Typically I agree with you, especially when it is an offsite guest trying to avoid the parking fee. But when you have an ADR and are paying inflated prices to eat on property to begin with plus not trying to skip out on paying parking fees since you don't need to pay them anyway, I really don't think it is much of a problem except for very few times of year during special events. We visit WDW quite a few times a year, stay DVC always use a rental and never have issues doing this. We have also never seen parking lots full at the resorts during the day except for special events. Disney doesn't care because honestly, they don't want you sitting on busses or driving around wasting time parking....they want you in the parks spending money plain and simple. If it was really an issue, they would enforce it, which they only do on very rare occassions. Obviously everyone has their own comfort levels with "skirting the rules" so to speak, but life is full of grey areas and I am just letting the OP know this is an option that many, many, many people do and Disney really doesn't care.

Typically I agree with you, especially when it is an offsite guest trying to avoid the parking fee. But when you have an ADR and are paying inflated prices to eat on property to begin with plus not trying to skip out on paying parking fees since you don't need to pay them anyway, I really don't think it is much of a problem except for very few times of year during special events. We visit WDW quite a few times a year, stay DVC always use a rental and never have issues doing this. We have also never seen parking lots full at the resorts during the day except for special events. Disney doesn't care because honestly, they don't want you sitting on busses or driving around wasting time parking....they want you in the parks spending money plain and simple. If it was really an issue, they would enforce it, which they only do on very rare occassions. Obviously everyone has their own comfort levels with "skirting the rules" so to speak, but life is full of grey areas and I am just letting the OP know this is an option that many, many, many people do and Disney really doesn't care.
IMHO, it's not a grey area when there are signs posted in the resort lots stating that they are not for theme park parking. Having stayed at CR twice, I can state from experience that we've returned during the day to find the lot full- only to empty out when MK closed. Very frustrating to have a difficult time parking when one is a paying guest at the resort.

We stay at the Poly and do Cape May every year. Generally we book a 9/930 breakfast and then tour the WS when it opens at 11. We normally boat/monorail to MK, walk to bus stop and take bus to BC.

Have never tried to do earlier Cape May and FW RD. Probably can't take bus to BC from MK because the buses won't be running that early?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter