• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best way to get matching FP+ for members joining our party later in our trip?

kayemgi

DIS Veteran
My husband, daughter (2, no ticket) and I are going to WDW and check in on Nov. 12. My dad and his girlfriend check in the next day, Nov. 13 and my sister and her husband will be checking in Nov. 17, all staying onsite.

I'll be attempting to get everyone's FPs, I think. Everyone already has MDE accounts and we are all linked as family and I think I have access to make FPs for them (how do I make sure before the time comes?). If I make all of the FPs for my family on our FP date of 9/13, can I then go in the next day for my dad's party and on 9/18 for my sister's party and just add them to the FPs I already made? Or do I need to go in and make them separate FPs and try to match the times? Or is it best to just have them go in and do it themselves? I honestly don't think either of them will understand the urgency of doing it at 7 am sharp to get Frozen FPs. I'm a little worried about 7DMT too. Everything else I think will be easy to match, however it gets done. The new way of doing FPs one at a time is making me nervous as well. (EDIT: NM on this question, reading up on Kenny the Pirate's post about this right now. // Is it easier to do on the website or on the mobile app?)

Last edited:
My husband, daughter (2, no ticket) and I are going to WDW and check in on Nov. 12. My dad and his girlfriend check in the next day, Nov. 13 and my sister and her husband will be checking in Nov. 17, all staying onsite.

I'll be attempting to get everyone's FPs, I think. Everyone already has MDE accounts and we are all linked as family and I think I have access to make FPs for them (how do I make sure before the time comes?). If I make all of the FPs for my family on our FP date of 9/13, can I then go in the next day for my dad's party and on 9/18 for my sister's party and just add them to the FPs I already made? Or do I need to go in and make them separate FPs and try to match the times? Or is it best to just have them go in and do it themselves? I honestly don't think either of them will understand the urgency of doing it at 7 am sharp to get Frozen FPs. I'm a little worried about 7DMT too. Everything else I think will be easy to match, however it gets done. The new way of doing FPs one at a time is making me nervous as well. (EDIT: NM on this question, reading up on Kenny the Pirate's post about this right now. // Is it easier to do on the website or on the mobile app?)
If all parties have separately linked tickets, book for everyone as soon as your booking window opens.

If everyone has purchased a package, check and see if you can book for everyone for Nov 14th and then Nov 17th. If the system doesn't allow booking for the latecomers, once their booking windows open, go into YOUR MDE and "Change Party" to add whoever needs to be added.

When you are traveling in a group who all don't arrive at the same time, purchasing separate tickets is better than booking a package for ease of FP booking.

If all parties have separately linked tickets, book for everyone as soon as your booking window opens.

If everyone has purchased a package, check and see if you can book for everyone for Nov 14th and then Nov 17th. If the system doesn't allow booking for the latecomers, once their booking windows open, go into YOUR MDE and "Change Party" to add whoever needs to be added.

When you are traveling in a group who all don't arrive at the same time, purchasing separate tickets is better than booking a package for ease of FP booking.

Sorry if I'm an idiot, this is all very confusing to me as I've never had to deal with planning for multiple parties before. I THINK my sister has separately linked tickets -- when I look in MDE, under her name it says "Convention 5-Day w/ PH + 1 FUN". Under her room reservation it says "Room Only." I just checked with my dad and he has a room booked but hasn't purchased tickets yet, so no package for them either. So you're telling me that since they haven't booked MYW packages, I can book their FPs with mine, even though their vacations start later than ours?? I thought it was 60 days out from your resort reservation. That's what I understood from the FAQ. If I can book them at the same time as me regardless of their check-in dates, that's fantastic! I just don't understand how that works.

Last edited:
So you're telling me that since they haven't booked MYW packages, I can book their FPs with mine, even though their vacations start later than ours??
Yes - as soon as your window opens, it includes everyone with a valid ticket.

Just book for everyone as one all inclusive group and you'll be fine.

Yes - as soon as your window opens, it includes everyone with a valid ticket.

Just book for everyone as one all inclusive group and you'll be fine.

Awesome! It's really helpful knowing what to search now. I searched the forum for "separately linked tickets" and see all kinds of helpful responses from you, hiroMYhero. I just didn't know what to search for before (I also didn't know that they had separately linked tickets - what a stroke of good luck). Thank you very much!!

The fastpass can only be made for the number of days of ticket attached to the MDE account. It must have room reservation and tickets linked.

The fastpass can only be made for the number of days of ticket attached to the MDE account. It must have room reservation and tickets linked.
You do not need a room reservation to book a FP through MDE. All you need is a valid ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter