Best way to get from Hotel Royal Plaza to Universal?

dts718

Mouseketeer
My dad is staying there and wants to meet us at Universal for a day. He isn't renting a car, so what is the best option? He's using Fl tours for getting back/forth from the airport. Is it worth the extra money for him to book w/them for the day trip to universal or should he go with Mears shuttle? (by the way, there's a total of 3 adults so they will be sharing the cost). I think Fl tours is $70 round trip to Universal and Mears is $14 PER PERSON round trip.
thanks!

Do any of the DTD hotels have a rental car desk? It might be cheaper just to rent a car for the day.

Thanks Straitlover, that would be a great idea for most people, but my dad gets very nervous driving in unfamiliar territory and I don't think he would want the stress of having to drive himself.

OK, then. Mears is the cheaper of the two, but you would need to find out how many stops they make between HRP and Universal.

There used to be a link around here somewhere w/ the cab companies' number in it. you could call and get an estimate from them. Might end up being a little chaper than a towncar.

Theres always the Lynx bus. Don't knwo how many transfers, etc are needed. Check on their website. www.golynx.com.

EDIT: on the Lynx site, under customer service, there is a link to a form for route assistance. You can key in your starting and ending destinations, and I guess they email you bakc telling you what bus(es) to take to get there.

Lisa, thanks so much for that link. I'll have to call them tomorrow and see what the exact stops are and everything-don't have the patience or time (have to pack!) to figure it out right now! My dad will probably love that because he's from NYC and is very comfortable w/ public transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter