Best way to carry your smart phone in park

My friends do this. Unfortuantely for me, I don't have enough there to hold up a phone. :lmao: Seriously it'd fall right out.

I have the opposite problem. No room left in there for nothin'. LOL

My iPhone is in an otterbox defender and goes in my baggallini or in my Capri pants pocket. The silicone on the otterbox is textured and "grippy", so I haven't had any problems with it ever falling out of my pocket.

I did see two iPhones over the railing, in the bottom of the lake in Epcot last December! Right across from Mexico at the QS. That must really stink!
So, FYI, don't use your phone while leaning over the lake railing. YIKES!

Thanks for the ideas. I will be at WDW in Sept., so I will be dealing with sweat (no putting in bra) and rain. I will be carring my small camel backpack around but would like to keep my phone handy so to use magicmobil app and lines app. I like the golla bags-like the pocket for cards & FP. I also found these: 1st one- I wouldn't need to remove from case & can wear as lanyard or attach to backpack, 2nd one- don't need to remove from case and waterproof & looks like a lanyard or clip will attach, 3rd- too cute disney, but can't see where to attach cord.

http://www.luggage.com/Gut-Cases-iPhone-and-iTouch-Hang-It-Case-in-Gray-2062GY-GUT1014.html

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/512tYK5Sw5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://http://www.amazon.com/4S-VERIZON-AND-SPRINT-WirelessGeeks247/dp/B0075MS1FM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1331735551&sr=8-3

Did you actually try the carabiner? I looked at the link on Amazon and I would be afraid it would either slide off the charging port or possibly damaging it from dangling on the carabiner. Does it lock or something like that?

No, like I said, I ended up not using it at all. It does lock onto the charging port (and yes, I was a bit afraid of damaging it). Just saying they exist, I bought one, but I didn't use it.

I have a Disney Dooney & Bourke cross-body letter carrier bag that is just perfect for the parks!

snowlizard.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Snow-Lizard-P...6G/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&qid=1336613436&sr=8-22

I used this on my April 2012 trip and it was awesome! I just tucked it into my shirt on the thrill rides. :thumbsup2

I stick mine in my pocket, but I don't worry about it getting damaged.

I don't use a case and have dropped that thing on tile and cement more times than I care to count. It's a plucky little phone! If it gives up one day, it earned the right. :)

Those phones are not lightweight enough that I would want to wear it around my neck all day. I carry my phone in a small cross body bag with my other junk. I don't feel the need to have my phone "ever ready" while on vacation. I check it periodically for calls or messages...just in case. I don't want to be one of those people glued to their phone while walking through the parks. Occasionally I will check wait times if I need to.

I carry mine in my pocket and it's never been damaged. I also use a ziplock bag for wet rides. If for whatever reason it's not in my pocket it's in the front zipper in my small crossbody Jansport bag. Love that bag but have never seen anymore since I purchased it 2 years ago at an outlet store that sold a few Jansport items but it was not a Jansport outlet. My Vera Bradley messenger may be going on the next trip and I'll use the zip pocket on front for the phone when it's not in my pocket.

I just keep it in my pocket. It's not going to break in there any more than it would in my pocket anywhere else.

I just put it in my pocket. If I am not wearing something with pockets, I use a belt clip. It does cause a sweat mark on my skin where it rubs, but that is no biggie to me.

You could always buy a JoeyBra! :rotfl:

Seriously, I wear mine on a belt case for work, but at WDW I wear a string wallet for my valuables, and it lives there while I tour the parks. We also carry a family backpack, and EVERYTHING (including the backpack) gets put in a giant ziploc bag on water rides.

BUILT makes a nice little neoprene lanyard flip bag for phones/cameras. You can usually get them seriously discounted at Tuesday Morning. (I *love* Built Products, but I don't like paying full price for them.)

When I went last may I kept mine in my polyurethane case in my pocket and it was fine. If I went on a ride with inversions I'd generally tuck it into my cargo pockets and button them shut to be on the safe side (ya know...even though centrifugal force says otherwise...)

A few iphone safety tips:
1.) Never buy a hard case - they don't absorb shocks in the same way. Often they'll blow apart and separate from the phone on the first hit on the ground, then the glass shatters when they hit the second time. Softer cases will disperse the force of the impact around and away from the impact point, while not falling off.
2.) Your case should cover the screen - I don't mean obscure it, just extend past the face of the phone so that the glass does not come into contact with any surface it rests on. Those "slim" shell cases that sit flush with the front are terrible...if your phone falls you have about a 50-50 shot of it not hitting the glass, and we all know if you flip a coin enough times it'll eventually come up tails...
3.) "Tacky" feeling cases are always better than smooth shiny ones. Sure, the smooth one makes it easier to pull out of your pocket, but it makes it easier for it to fall out of your pocket as well!
4.) It doesn't have to be expensive, it just has to fit! I've had my iPhone 4 since the day before they were officially released and I've had a 3 dollar eBay case (direct from China!) this whole time. I've dropped my phone numerous times onto concrete, tile, asphalt, and hardwood and my cheap ebay case has protected it every single time. Heck, I've never even scratched it in almost 2 years (no screen protector either).

Just use common sense, a decent case, and don't try to record Rock n' Roller Coaster with your phone held out in your hand and you'll be fine.

I keep my smart phone (Thunderbolt) in my BRA..:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Safe and convenient. ::yes::

I work in an outside environment around heavy machinery and livestock. That bra, trust me, is the best place NOT to loose it. if it slips, you know it!

I do, however, find myself sometimes putting my phone in my specific Disney bag when at the Parks...Pics with the phone in place at WDW...not flattering. My bag is a "messenger type" decorated with Jack Skellington trading pins. YIPPEE!
IMAG0522.jpg

You could be totally awesome like me and wear a fanny pack some park days. ;)

All the teenage girls I know carry their phones in their bras, so there's always that option if you wear a bra. I cannot figure out how that can ever be comfortable though.

I`m 33 and do this! It`s so much easier to access.. LOL I do this probably too often for my age, but it`s easy access and no fumbling!

We are going camping for a week this summer. Hardly roughing it, it's a family place with wi-fi and heated pools and all that. But we will be out on boats so I was concerned about my phone and being able to take pictures. In the camping aisle at Meijer I found a waterproof pouch made for boating. It says it's iPhone specific but can work with other smart phones and small cameras, too. It says (although I have yet to actually buy it and try) that it works through the clear plastic, so you can make calls and take pictures. It's on a cord so you can wear it around your neck on rides. I'm definitely buying it for camping and will bring it to WDW in the fall, too. I figure it'll be a great place to keep it AND it'll keep it dry on wet rides/if it rains. Plus I can take photos/videos of my kids on rides without fear of dropping my phone. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter