• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

best way to buy AP?

Dazed

Mouseketeer
We're nearly all set for our holiday in May. Disney part is all set. I have booked 3 nights at a universal hotel, PBH, at AP rate. I planned to buy universal tickets for my 3 adult sons from American attractions which seems to have the best rate (UK) ( £217). I've looked at buying AP on-line from Universal which says 'collect at ticket window'. I've read on these boards many times of people talking of upgrading their tickets to AP when at the park.
I'm worried about not having AP in my hand when I arrive at hotel but have read that it isn't an issue so long as I get it while visiting. I don't want to get held up at a long ticket line when we arrive but would guest service line to 'upgrade' be any better? I also want the best value but with no uncertainty.
Anybody done similar with advice please?

I got mine with ticket window pickup then used the unmanned kiosks outside IOA to get mine. Not sure how it works now with the plastic ones.

There is NO need to be nervous about checkin.

We're nearly all set for our holiday in May. Disney part is all set. I have booked 3 nights at a universal hotel, PBH, at AP rate. I planned to buy universal tickets for my 3 adult sons from American attractions which seems to have the best rate (UK) ( £217). I've looked at buying AP on-line from Universal which says 'collect at ticket window'. I've read on these boards many times of people talking of upgrading their tickets to AP when at the park.
I'm worried about not having AP in my hand when I arrive at hotel but have read that it isn't an issue so long as I get it while visiting. I don't want to get held up at a long ticket line when we arrive but would guest service line to 'upgrade' be any better? I also want the best value but with no uncertainty.
Anybody done similar with advice please?
We've picked up our AP's after arrival a few times . We just told them at check in and once they asked that we bring it back and show them . It was easy and you won't have any troubles :).

Thanks so much for your replies. I've ordered my AP now and will pick it up at the hotel ticket desk when we check in -I din't know there was one there so that will help a lot. 35 days and counting...

Thanks so much for your replies. I've ordered my AP now and will pick it up at the hotel ticket desk when we check in -I din't know there was one there so that will help a lot. 35 days and counting...
It's down the hall a little way. Just ask where when you check in. Have a great vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter