Best way to book Parc Soleil Hilton?

erineab

Mouseketeer
I am most likely planning to book at Bonnet Creek for our next stay, but talked to a friend today who just returned from Parc Soleil by Hilton and couldn't say enough positive about it.
She booked directly through Hilton and paid about $1300 for a one bedroom for 7 nights. I am wondering if there is a better option for booking this property, or if that would be the best/least expensive route.
I haven't read much about PS on the board, but thought I would see if anyone has any insight!

Hi there, we stayed at the Parc Soleil during spring break for 2 nights before our cruise and then for 7 nights after the cruise. It was booked using our credit card points, who actually book using Expedia. However, I noticed the rate was the same on the Hilton website.

It was such a great place to stay that we're returning in July for 2 nights, just before our Animal Kingdom Lodge stay. (If it were up to me, we'd stay at the PS entirely, but we're going with some first-timers who insist on staying at a WDW resort.) This time, I booked our 2 nights using the Hilton website.

The PS is very nice. We stayed in a 1-bedroom. They have a full kitchen, washer/dryer, hardwood flooring, separate shower and tub (the water faucet comes down from the ceiling), and a separate room for the toilet. There's a sofa bed that my DD16 found very comfy. We had a balcony that I loved. Just 5 min down the street is a Whole Foods, and not too far away is a Super Walmart. However, we had a car and made it out to Publix. The pool area is great too, with a nice slide. However, we didn't get a chance to lounge around since we were touring WDW and Universal. Everything about the PS is new and modern. The staff is very nice too.

However, if you book, make sure you request a high floor room. The rooms on the lower floors have no view except of concrete, which is pretty drab, esp since I love going out to the balcony. We were given a room such as that, and we had them move us. We ended up on the 7th floor - much better. The second time we were there, we ended up on the 12th floor - even better!

Also, if you book, get either the 1-bedroom or the 2-bedroom. The studio units are not nearly as well done as the 1 or 2 bedrooms. In fact, if you read the Tripadvisor reviews, everyone raves about PS except for those who stay in the studio units.

Any negatives??? Just one. I didn't like that check out is at 10am. That's far too early for me, esp since we had an evening flight. Also check in is at 4pm - too late in the afternoon for me. (My perfect idea of check in/check out is 12pm and 3pm.)

LIke your friend, I highly recommend this place. I've been shopping around for resorts for our July WDW trip, and I did look at the Bonnet Creek resorts. However, we're going back to the PS because we were so happy with our stay. Why change a good thing???

If you have any specific questions, ask away!

Any negatives??? Just one. I didn't like that check out is at 10am. That's far too early for me, esp since we had an evening flight. Also check in is at 4pm - too late in the afternoon for me. (My perfect idea of check in/check out is 12pm and 3pm.)

Really?

If the person who had your villa before you had checked out at 3pm how would you be able to check in at noon?

I've got to say that 10am check out and 4pm check in times are pretty standard for a timeshare resort. While not perfect for everyone, the housekeeping staff has a lot to do to prepare a villa for the next guests at a resort like this one that has only Friday and Saturday check-ins for the vast majority of its guests.

Just my opinion.

Dick Taylor

Really?

If the person who had your villa before you had checked out at 3pm how would you be able to check in at noon?

I've got to say that 10am check out and 4pm check in times are pretty standard for a timeshare resort. While not perfect for everyone, the housekeeping staff has a lot to do to prepare a villa for the next guests at a resort like this one that has only Friday and Saturday check-ins for the vast majority of its guests.

Just my opinion.

Dick Taylor

Hi there...I mentioned that is a negative as "MY" perfect idea of a checkout/checkout time would be different in my ideal world. Mentioned in jest, not to be taken seriously. I never blamed the hotel for this policy. In fact, this hotel gets perfect marks for service and class.

I totally get why they have to do the 10am checkout. The villa is beautifully taken of and immaculately cleaned by the friendly, hardworking housekeeping staff. I appreciated that, and it's cleaned like that because they are given the time to do it with care.

Please notice that the tone of my post was all positive and that my family and I had an absolutely amazing stay at this hotel - so much so that we're going back.

Thanks so much for the review. Just when I think that I have a resort narrowed down, I hear about another fantastic place to look into! I am wondering if anyone out there has stayed at both WBC and Hilton Parc Soleil and could compare the two?
At this point, I am just thrilled that my husband is slowly starting to drink the Disney kool aid and allow me to book without hassle....lol. He still is not a fan of the idea of staying on property though....he likes to have a bit of space from Mickey (yes, he's crazy).

Mentioned in jest, not to be taken seriously.

I see. Surely it's difficult to get the nuance of humor from an impersonal medium like email or a bulletin board. I guess that's why they created emoticons. ;)

Cheers!

Dick Taylor

We are at the PS right now and I found my best rate through AAA. The resort is very nice and lots of room. We have a one bedroom and we love the space as a family of four. The resort is not complete. I believe they plan to add four or five more buildings. We have a view of a vacant lot but I don't really care. We got a good rate, everyone has been very nice, and yes I would book here in a heartbeat. One thing to note ... The shuttle to parks is $9 per person but it's only $14 to park at seaworld and $15 at universal. We have a car this week so cheaper to drive but just a heads up. Happy planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter