Best way to book 2 rooms?

heatherbynum

Peace, Love, Disney & Hanson
We are considering all options for a 2019 trip. We most likely aren’t going until sept or October 2019 but I’m an advance planner and just trying to figure out for when booking opens up :)

It will be me, my husband, a 16 year old boy and 13 year old girl at time of travel. We are really considering 2 rooms at a value resort. We do want to take advantage of free dining if offered next year so here comes the question part. I’ve never booked two rooms. We have always stayed in one Room when our children were younger.

Is it better to book two rooms with one teen and one adult per room listed on each booking? Or book us all in the same room and then do a room only booking with just one person listed? Or is there another option to consider with booking 2 rooms? What would be the most affordable way to do this? Or would it just be better to book a suite? We are trying to figure out the cheapest way to go.

Last edited:
I booked a value once with connecting rooms (shared doors)...and my husband was the main person for both. Disney doesn't care who sleeps in whichever room.
I called to get what I wanted though and spoke to a CM...I didn't do it online.

BTW you might want to consider just doing a family suite at Art of Animation. It has 2 bathrooms but it doesn't have 4 beds like a connected room. It has a private bedroom and then a murphy full bed and a sofa bed.
I guess it is whatever you prefer and $$$ you want to spend.

We book two rooms all the time and when the kids were under 18 years old we put me on one room with some of the kids and my DH on the other room with the other kids. Now that some of the kids are older than 18 we can put them on a room. We have always gotten connecting rooms. You can put that on the reservation. I also call to ask for adjourning rooms.

We are considering all options for a 2019 trip. We most likely aren’t going until sept or October 2019 but I’m an advance planner and just trying to figure out for when booking opens up :)

It will be me, my husband, a 16 year old boy and 13 year old girl at time of travel. We are really considering 2 rooms at a value resort. We do want to take advantage of free dining if offered next year so here comes the question part. I’ve never booked two rooms. We have always stayed in one Room when our children were younger.

Is it better to book two rooms with one teen and one adult per room listed on each booking? Or book us all in the same room and then do a room only booking with just one person listed? Or is there another option to consider with booking 2 rooms? What would be the most affordable way to do this? Or would it just be better to book a suite? We are trying to figure out the cheapest way to go.

Connecting rooms will not be guaranteed so, if that is your biggest concern, I would just book a suite. You can book two rooms and request connecting as well, but you won't know if they connect until you get to the resort (or through text, day-of, prior to arriving). If you book two rooms, simply put one adult and one child on each room. There is no reason to put all four on one room and then book a room only.

We called to book two rooms. Our reservation is listed as having two rooms on one reservation number and under one name. The guests aren't assigned to a room, they can be in either of them. Our trip is coming up in June, so then we'll know if this automatically gives us connecting rooms.

You want to request "Connecting" rooms, not adjoining rooms. Connecting has an interior door between the two rooms. They can NEVER be guaranteed, they are just a request. They will do their best for you, but there are lots of stories here of requests not being met even after folks were "guaranteed" connecting rooms.
Adjoining rooms are simply near each other.
With the ages of your children I would look at one of the family suites. THe adults will have their own bedroom and bathroom and then the children will sleep in the living space.
Good Luck

If you request connecting rooms and do not get them, you and your spouse will need to split up with one of you with each child.

Of course there is no guarantee............As long as you aren't making reservations last minute I have never been denied connecting rooms/shared doors(7 times so far)

Example: (Before Check in) If the Johnsons & Patterson's have been assigned in advance room 1001 & 1002 (connecting rooms)...and don't know each other/aren't traveling together ...and then you make a connecting room request (make request by phone not online!!!)....they aren't going to make you be in rooms 1007 and 1011. They will happily give you the 1001 & 1002 and put the Johnson's and Patterson's in 1007 & 1011...and no one will be the wiser.

Last edited:
Of course there is no guarantee............As long as you aren't making reservations last minute I have never been denied adjoining rooms (7 times so far)

Example: (Before Check in) If the Johnsons & Patterson's have been assigned in advance room 1001 & 1002 (adjoining rooms)...and don't know each other/aren't traveling together ...and then you make an adjoining room request (make request by phone not online!!!)....they aren't going to make you be in rooms 1007 and 1011. They will happily give you the 1001 & 1002 and put the Johnson's and Patterson's in 1007 & 1011...and no one will be the wiser.
But if you want connecting rooms, do not request adjoining rooms. Adjoining rooms do not necessarily connect. They might be just close to each other, they might be side by side but no connecting door. Connecting rooms have a door that opens between the two rooms.

But if you want connecting rooms, do not request adjoining rooms. Adjoining rooms do not necessarily connect. They might be just close to each other, they might be side by side but no connecting door. Connecting rooms have a door that opens between the two rooms.

As I stated in my very first post (on this thread 3 days ago) I meant connected rooms. My post from today I then corrected to show I meant connected.
We always loved having those doors open and sooooo much more room to move about...... but then at night shutting the door if one group wants to watch late nite tv or something. Those rooms are tiny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter