• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best way from airport to Universal, and Universal to Disney

merlee76

Mouseketeer
is it cheaper to take a taxi or a private car, or pay one-way on the universal shuttle ($80)

If it were me, I would book with a private car service. They can pick you up at MCO, take you to US, the pick you up and take you to WDW. I'm not sure about costs though...I've never gone from MCO to US/IoA. But, it's around $125 for a r/t from MCO to WDW...so probably in that area.

We had a car service do this exact route last year. It was very easy to arrange. I want to say it was about $160.

The quotes I have gotten for this trip (without return to MCO) are $115 w/o tip. I got this from both Happy Limo and Quicksilver.

I usually do a round trip via town car when we stay at Universal prior to Disney and just take DME from Disney back to the airport. Airport to Universal as the first leg then Universal to Disney (instead of back to the airport) as the 2nd leg. Usually runs around $130 plus tip but I haven't done it in a year or so.

Most town car companies offer free 30 minute grocery stop - this helps offset some of the costs as we purchase water, milk, soda & juice as well as snacks, cold breakfast and light lunch items.

Keep in mind if you decide to do a rental car that Universal charges a per night parking fee to park IIRC its around $20 and since you can walk or boat anywhere on property it isn't worth it to us.

Our favorite town car companies are Tiffany and Quicksilver - hth.

I just realized we also had car service from Disney to the airport, which may account for the difference in price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter