Best Waterproof Digital Camera.

Pipkin

Mouseketeer
I have an older Olympus Stylus Tough. I am planning to buy another since this one leaked, although regained its "life" again after it dried out. I think after a while the seals give out and it is an older model. Its about 7 or 8 megapixals, but its easy to operate, takes decent pictures and is useful for waterparks, the beach and snorkeling. It "was" waterproof to 10ft. The negative side of this camera is that it is HEAVY! I have an older Olympus Stylus "weatherproof", (can be rained on) and it is half of the weight. Does anyone have a waterproof camera that they love so that when they go on vacation, they can be happy with one camera?

Love the Nikon aw100. It's waterproof up to 33 feet, and shockproof up to five feet. It has an "auto" mode where it detects what you're shooting and changes it automatically to its preset modes. It has many presets, but some fun ones are portrait, underwater, fireworks, and landscape. It's also very lightweight.

Here's some fun shots we got at Stormalong Bay -

DSCN0439 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSCN0455 by vshingl, on Flickr

No, it's very lightweight (6.3 oz). It's about the same weight as my Nikon Coolpix s70(?). It's not very big, but it is a little wider than the tiny P&S cameras they make.

It's not actually my camera - I gave it to my sister as a graduation gift. She had asked for a camera, so I mentioned the possibility of getting a waterproof camera, and she loved the idea. I'm a Nikon fan, so I was debating between the aw100 and the s30, which is also waterproof but came in pretty colors. However, the s30 seems a little juvenile (in the video, they show little kids burying it sand), isn't nearly as good in specs (and is much less expensive), and is only waterproof up to 10 feet.

It's a good camera, too. 16 megapixels with an ISO range of 125-3200 and 5x digital zoom. The auto mode is impressive and makes it quick and easy to take beautiful pictures in all kinds of lighting because you never have to mess with the settings (this is ultimately why I decided on this camera for my sister who wouldn't have the patience for adjusting the settings). Here's the specs if you're curious - http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/coolpix/allweather/aw100/spec.htm. You can purchase it at almost any electronic store, and they have bundles on Amazon and ebay.

Love the Nikon aw100. It's waterproof up to 33 feet, and shockproof up to five feet. It has an "auto" mode where it detects what you're shooting and changes it automatically to its preset modes. It has many presets, but some fun ones are portrait, underwater, fireworks, and landscape. It's also very lightweight.

Here's some fun shots we got at Stormalong Bay -

DSCN0439 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSCN0455 by vshingl, on Flickr

Nice photo's, this is an amazing camera for what it does and does well.

Jack

I have an older Olympus Stylus Tough. I am planning to buy another since this one leaked, although regained its "life" again after it dried out. I think after a while the seals give out and it is an older model. Its about 7 or 8 megapixals, but its easy to operate, takes decent pictures and is useful for waterparks, the beach and snorkeling. It "was" waterproof to 10ft. The negative side of this camera is that it is HEAVY! I have an older Olympus Stylus "weatherproof", (can be rained on) and it is half of the weight. Does anyone have a waterproof camera that they love so that when they go on vacation, they can be happy with one camera?

The new Olympus models are very impressive. I've been trying to convince myself I need one for quite some time. I do have the E-3 though, which is already water resistant (for rain and such,) and can't quite justify having a camera that is totally water proof. Yet. Perhaps for my next Hawaii trip and diving with Sea Turtles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter