Best water sock/shoes for kids?

spruce

DIS Veteran
Considering there are splash pads in almost all the parks, I was wondering if anyone has recommendations for a high quality water sock/shoes (whatever you want to call them) that can be worn all day without irritating or blistering the feet. My grandchildren are 2 and 4 so I imagine there will be more time spent in the stroller than walking. Even though they may not be doing a ton of walking I want to be sure their feet are comfortable and well taken care of. Thanks!

We are huge fans of TEVA- excellent walking support. DD7 has worn them the last 3 years and she actually can run in them. She wore runners in the park one day and complained of aching feet and said "Im going back to my TEVAs!" They dry very fast, perfect for spash pads and water rides and by the pool

Attachments

• teva.jpg
    teva.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 2
The picture I posted was one style. Our fave style has more arch support and a toe. Every kids foot is different but these all really help their feet breath in the heat. They are also made of a soft neoprene type material so there is never any breaking in. DD wears them straight out of the box for her first park day. If you can find ones that work for both children, you could keep the 4 years olds to hand down. They are such good quality that they will last for years. DDs first pair of Tevas has been to WDW and through summers with 2 other children.

Attachments

• teva 2.jpg
    teva 2.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 3
I put my kids in crocs. We take them off in the splash area. If it's left on, it dries pretty quickly - hand blower in the bathrooms or paper towels. We always bring 1 big towel with us to dry them off and extra changes of cloths in ziplock bags.

We usually go with Keens. They hold up well and dry pretty quickly after water play. My daughter with wider feet seems to find them more comfortable than any other sandals we have tried.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter