best water bottle in parks?

After reading quite a few less-than-stellar reviews on the Britta bottle, we opted for the 20-oz Rubbermaid water bottle and LOVED them. One thing I really appreciated: they are typical squishy Rubbermaid plastic, so they are super easy to get water out of. They are also light, so they didn't weigh down our park bags like a Sigg would. One end of the cap has a loop that you could attach to a bag. This is a filtered water bottle, but the filter is easily removable ... you could use it either with or without.

As an added bonus, they seem to go on sale/clearance fairly frequently, at least around here.

We use Bobbles. The medium sized ones fit in neoprene sleeves, and we use a carabiner to clip it to our belts or backpack. Wet down the neoprene sleeves in cold water and they help to retain a bit of cold. (shouldnt' be drinking ice cold water in the heat anyways--can shock your system--slightly cool water is best)

We love our Bobbles! Anything that can filter out the yucky taste of FL water gets 5 stars from me!!! Just be sure to squeeze a whole bottle of water through the filter before using it the first time.

We're considering a couple Hydro Flasks for our Sep/Oct trip. Our previous trips were in the winter and we did well hydrating ourselves at meals but we're thinking our upcoming trip will be much hotter. Anyway, I was curious if you could bring in reusable containers filled with water? I was sure the policy in the past was that it had to be "factory sealed" which would exclude the much more environmentally-friendly of practice of reusing a container made of sustainable materials. Sure would be a "green" nod for WDW. I'm not too keen on using public fountains... in fact, I find them to be quite repulsive!

ShesAPirate said:
I love my HydroFlask for every day use, but in the parks, this is the best:

http://www.amazon.com/Brita-Bottle-with-Filter-Blue/dp/B004GN8RDY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1343421982&sr=8-2&keywords=brita+water+bottle

On our trip in November, we filled it with mostly ice in the morning, then refilled at water fountains during the day (find the ones in the shade -- the water is nice and cold!). The water tasted great. Saved us a fortune!!!

This is what we have. we live near Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA, and go about once a week. I love the way the water tastes. You do need to squeeze out once the water gets to a certain level to get it out. My only complaint is if you dont get it completely dry after using it, it starts to stink fast. We drink a lot of water, so it doesn't typically get to warm for us.

I'm going to put one more vote in for the anti-water bottle!
EB12IA_0223111_600C1

I know some people on this thread said these got holes. Well, mine haven't yet! I got these from Eddie Bauer (I know they sell cheaper ones at CVS, etc., but I wouldn't get those for fear of holes).

I had a wonderful experience with this water bottle. I went at the end of June (read: HOT!) and I had one of these clipped on to my Baggallini the whole trip. I refilled it at drinking fountains (I don't care about the taste of the water or it staying with ice, I just need hydration between meals!), CS counters, and at the resort. I ALWAYS had water and it didn't weigh me down. When it gets empty, it weighs nothing and takes up so little room. And when it's full (since it doesn't hold a crazy amount of water), it is still easy to carry around. It was wonderful!

In fact, several people asked me about my water bottle and/or took pictures of it because they thought it was so cool! I plan to use this next summer as well!

But I tour WDW with nothing more than a cross body Baggalini. If you have a book bag with a water bottle holder or a stroller, then I say, bring whatever you want!

I bought a Disney bottle holder with clip at the Disney parks a few years back and use it everytime we go to Disney and it's still in great condition. Just like the one pictured below.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Disney-Water-Soda-Bottle-Holder-Belt-Clip-New-Tag-/390445304502

Being that we really only go to Disney during free dinning... we usually use our mugs in the resort and get water bottles with meals which we keep in a fridge. In the morning we take a bottle with us which we can refill throughout the day. Best 5 bucks I have spent at the parks and I don't have to pack bulky bottles for the trip or worry about the bottles getting holes as previously mentioned.:cool1:

We actually use CamelBak hydration bladders in our backpacks. We keep a Brita pitcher in our room's fridge and fill up with that and lots of ice anytime we're back in the room. BF drinks TONS of water, especially in the sun and heat. It lasts all day and being in the backpack and out of the sun keeps it cool most of the day. It's really nice to just lazily sip water without the big production of digging it out. Plus we staying hydrated keeps us feeling cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter