• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best view at BWV?

Mdktf

You gotta love Mickey waffles!
Which are the best standard/BoardWalk views at BWV?

Which are closest to the lobby with best views? Are extra points worth BoardWalk view? What areas are the rooms split into?

Thanks

Less expensive rooms have less of a view. IMO Boardwalk Views are the best on property, you are on the boardwalk. Standards are along the driveway at the front of the resort, close to elevator might be noisy due to the baggage and DME activity at the front of the resort.

There is a boardwalk map showing the areas of the resort, maybe someone will post it.

:earsboy: Bill

Last edited:
The high floors (4/5) in Crest of Wave are fabulous. That being said, they are the furthest walk from the elevator. We always ask for 5001, 4001 or even 3001 when requesting a one bedroom. These are BW view rooms.

The high floors (4/5) in Crest of Wave are fabulous. That being said, they are the furthest walk from the elevator. We always ask for 5001, 4001 or even 3001 when requesting a one bedroom. These are BW view rooms.
What are best studios?

What are best studios?

I've stayed in this group of BW view studios - xx29 and xx31. Great view, 31s not as obstructed by the GVs nearby (pillars). They are centrally located along the BW view hallway and have no rooms across from them (less noise if you're a sleeper!).

They are dedicated studios and sit directly above the basketball carnival game, near the Big River Grille.

One floor in this group has an extended balcony/terrace. Also there is a stairway out to the Boardwalk right near it.

One year I had the fifth floor in this grouping and the view was beyond gorgeous.

I've done a myriad of standard studios and had some fantastic finds. However, a lot has changed due to the growth of the trees out front.

I would now request around the far side, near the tennis courts to avoid the possibility of a tree view. And by tree view I mean blocked by a tree, not a lovely greenery scene! Smiling.

You didn't ask about Pool/Garden view. But the Village Green area, BW side of the resort is a great stay. It is almost all studios in that area, extremely close to the lobby, and you get a partial BW view. Great if BW view or Standard are fully booked. And great booking on its own merit, if you get your request, to have very easy lobby access.

Last edited:

I'd discourage you from thinking about boardwalk view being "extra" points and think of standard view as being discounted points. Boardwalk View is the same number of points as Preferred View. Both Boardwalk View and Standard View are each about 20% of the resort - 60% of the resort is preferred view. It can be difficult to get either Boardwalk View or Standard View if you do not book early for much of the year. I'd recommend deciding that if you can get Standard View, you'll take it, if not and you can get Boardwalk View, take it, and face the possibility that the only bookable rooms will be preferred view.

We have a standard view booked for this fall-if we don't want excessive noise from the luggage delivery area/elevator what should we request?

We've stayed twice in the rooms overlooking the baggage check-in area. I was very concerned the first time; however, I was amazed and surprised that we never heard noise and clanging in the morning. I would not be concerned at all if we were in those rooms again.
Having said that, being in a room further down the hall (and further from the elevator) makes it more likely that you will have a rather nice view of Illuminations every night.

We have a standard view booked for this fall-if we don't want excessive noise from the luggage delivery area/elevator what should we request?

You can request far away from the lobby, but be warned, I've requested not near lobby, and the last 10 stays there over the last 2 years that request got me looking right down on the luggage area, near lobby. Make sure your most important request is first. At least when I requested far from lobby, I also requested high floor. I have luckily gotten high floor. I've even requested tennis court area, canal area, near transportation.....but none got me anything. I now keep my expectations low and only hope for high floor.

You can request far away from the lobby, but be warned, I've requested not near lobby, and the last 10 stays there over the last 2 years that request got me looking right down on the luggage area, near lobby. Make sure your most important request is first. At least when I requested far from lobby, I also requested high floor. I have luckily gotten high floor. I've even requested tennis court area, canal area, near transportation.....but none got me anything. I now keep my expectations low and only hope for high floor.
Any suggestions as to best/better standard studio views? I don't expect anything spectacular as we booked standard view but obviously some are better than others? Or would asking for a dedicated studio be best to avoid noise from a connecting 1BR?

Any suggestions as to best/better standard studio views? I don't expect anything spectacular as we booked standard view but obviously some are better than others? Or would asking for a dedicated studio be best to avoid noise from a connecting 1BR?

I agree, a 1 bedroom dedicated would help with the noise. High floor is still your best bet. You can sometimes see the fireworks at the Studios. The trees are getting pretty tall now, so the views are getting less and less. I would love to be in the valet parking area view, but can't seem to ever get it. Two more stays at BWV this year, so one can only hope. However, if you get far from lobby and high view, you will get a good workout if using the stairs like we do.

I have ONLY ONCE gotten a request met at BWV - its our home resort and we've owned 15 years and seldom stay elsewhere.

Make a request - you don't have anything to lose, but I wouldn't go into it with expectations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter