Best video game system for us?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by amsafko, Sep 6, 2008.

1. amsafko

amsafko DIS Veteran

We are a family with 3 kids (dd7, dd4.5, and ds2). I have resisted video games like the plague but I see all their friends getting systems and they have started clamouring for one. What system would be best in terms of providing somewhat educational games while also encouraging some level of activity as they play?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. shortbun

shortbun <font color=green>Peacenik<br><font color=purple><

Why not go into a Gamestop or GameCrazy that have used/refurbished consoles and get an old Gamecube. Nintendo made great games for young kids back when Gamecube was their system. I might even look for an old N64 and some of the old Mario games. Your kids are pretty young to be able to handle discs in and out without ruining them quickly.

4. mjrich73

mjrich73 100% CAJUN

I have a Game Cube for trade...I got each of my kids one for Christmas last year and they wound up playing together on one. So I am looking to trade the other one. It has only been played a couple of times.

PM me if you're interested...

5. mjkacmom

mjkacmom DIS Veteran

My 5 and 7 year olds are upstairs right now with friends, playing the Wii, with no adult help. It's active, and pretty easy! :thumbsup2

6. Mouse House Mama

Mouse House Mama <font color=red>Luckiest Mommy in the World!!!<br>

I would go with the Wii. I am not a big video game person but we got one of these and even our 2 year old can play it. I just got a wii fit yesterday and they love that as well. The kids have to get up and jump around to play it. In fact I am a little embarrased to admit this but I love playing the thing and well, I don't always like to share!:cutie:

7. kellia

kellia DIS Veteran

We love the Wii!! My 5 yo twins can play that by themselves (most of it, anyway) and I love that they don't sit on their butts like zombies while doing it! We have fun as a family plaing it. I only like games that get them up and moving.

If you are going for education, I'd get Leapsters. My boys got those last year from Santa, they are great for the car or waiting at the doctor's!

8. 3AUTigerFans

3AUTigerFans Mouseketeer

We enjoy our Wii! My son has several games systems, but the whole family plays Wii together everyday. My mother-in-law has gotten one too and we were at her house till almost 10 last night playing hers. (She got a new game). My vote is for the Wii!

9. Narnia

Narnia Did someone say candy store?

Wii is great but at 2 not many games are good for them on any system. Wii has great action games for kids like cars, monkey ball,mario. Guitar hero is my kids fav. even my 6 year old tries to play it.

10. cindy404

cindy404 Earning My Ears

Wii Ski is a great game (I think). It is interactive, and everything.

By the way, check out this other disney site. The Disney fan site has potential of being great. www disneypost dot com.

11. LoriNSC

LoriNSC DIS Veteran

Definately Wii!!! We all play it-me,DH,DS17,DS6 & DD3. I'm not into video games but we all LOVE it!:thumbsup2