*Best Value Restaurants on Dining Plan

We're trying the dining plan for the first time during Easter break and I've done extensive research....mainly on these boards and by checking the current menus and prices. I figure we will spend $100 on most of our table service meals and that is what the plan is costing us per day. So the counter service and snack per day are "free." I think someone else posted this above too, and I've calculated it to be the same way for us. My ADR's include Norway princess dinner, Chef M dinner, LeCellier dinner (yes we'll order the mushroom filet and our meal will be well over $100), Japan (yes we'll order the filet again!), Coral Reef, Italy. And as others have posted above, we're going to try Wolfgang Express in DTD for counter, Sunshine Seasons in Epcot, and Flame Tree in AK. Snacks are another story and I haven't begun to study that list yet.

If you haven't heard about this snack yet...when in Downtown Disney getting your fill at Wolfgang Puck Express, swing over to Goofy's candy co. You can create your own treat! You can choose marshmallows, rice krispie treats, pretzel rods, or probably something else I'm forgetting, and then have it dipped in white, dark, or milk chocolate. You can have it topped with pecans, sprinkles, m&m's, oreos, etc...and then drizzled with caramel or more chocolate... and then take it to go to eat when you get home from vacation cause you'll be too stuffed to eat it there. ;)

The Aloha Isle (MK) dole whip float is great, especially on a hot day.

After Disney4us2002 posted the link, it occurred to me to do a search. I found several sites with pertinent information, that I thought might be interesting to others:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-dining-plan.htm

http://www.mousesavers.com/diningplantips2009.html

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/diningplan/estimator.asp

The last one is really interesting, as it allows you to find out if the dining plan is cost efficient for you.

:thumbsup2

That estimator is GREAT! I wish I'd seen it before our trip last month... I went back and forth on whether to get the DDP - unable to decide if it would be a value for us or not. The estimator gave me a 1 for whether it would have been good for us or not.

We are considering Coral Reef too and that one came in pretty $$$ on my estimate. But I've read some bad reviews that are making me rethink it.
Coral Reef is awesome!:thumbsup2 We've eaten at almost every single restaurant on all WDW property, and it's among our top 3.:goodvibes

ATTENTION EVERYONE:

Have any of you considered the tip factor?
The tips aren't included. The tip for some of the restaurants you are mentioning can be... we'll... HIGH!!! We have had meals on the DDP that were as high as $315 for a family of 3 (one back in the room with family). That particular meal (CA Grill) would require a *suggested* tip of $63.00. That can be a lot of money across a span of a week or two. After the meal the servers will expect their tip, and rightfully so. It makes one think... do I really want to milk the system, or do I just want to eat what I need and save on tips. I can say this, because I've been both of those people!!!:lmao: :rotfl2:

we like to use snack credits at main street bakery in MK; the cinnamon rolls are HUGE and the apple or cherry turnovers are a must for me. We also like the Patisserie Boulangerie in France at World Showcase. They have lovely, different choices. The cream puffs are very light and airy. Also, you can get muffins and breads like banana breads too. These items can easily pass as a breakfast item. We bring fresh fruit (or purchase at Main Street bakery say a large orange for.99) and we have breakfast. Otherwise, we bring our own breakfast like granola bars and dried fruit and we use snack credits on ICE CREAM! I really like the DDP. We never do deluxe because we find that we get plenty with the basic. We are not solely counter service people so the counter service option would not work for my family either. Since they went to paying tip OOP 2 years ago, I find that we break even or come out a little bit ahead of it. The convenience of having it paid for BEFORE our trip is worth it to us.

2 TS credits - Brown Derby. DGF and I had a huge meal there that I felt made the most out of the DXDP. Just allow yourself some time to breath before hitting RnRC or ToT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter