Best value non Disney?

Wyattsmom

Earning My Ears
We have decided to purchase season passes. We want to find the best value hotel for our quick trips.

Looking for:
Easy free transport to the parks
Free breakfast
Under the cost of All Star Sports Resort

Anyone have a recommendation?

Easy, free transport to the parks doesn't usually happen with offsite hotels. (Most offsite hotels that do offer shuttles have a very limited schedule). The only exception may be the Downtown Disney hotels, but their rates will probably be higher than All Star Sports.

I agree with Gr 8t Fan. Downtown Disney hotels have shuttles every 1/2 hour, so not as frequent as offsite but close. They also charge quite a bit for parking. Anyway, my next trip will be my first non car trip and I'm picking the Downtown Disney Holiday Inn -- double queen balcony room with pool view and breakfast included with cost per night equivalent to a Disney value. I picked it above the Disney value for more comfortable beds, a nice buffet breakfast, and a balcony. // If you are willing to drive to parks and don't need the frequent shuttle that opens up many more options.

Also agree if you are going to depend on a shuttle you should look at the Disney Springs (going to take awhile to get used to that) hotel. I just booked the B Resort for $94 a night with the resort fee and parking fee waived. Great deal. We don't need a heavy breakfast and usually eat something in room anyway. Our room is two Queens, single sofabed and view of the Parks. We've stayed a few times before and very happy with it.

Look at MouseSavers, specials on DowntownDisneyHotels.com and directly on each hotel's website where there will be more specials. Check close for resort and parking fees for your final cost.

Also stayed at several other DTD hotels and we love the Doubletree Suites.

I think your pass gives you free parking so just drive to the parks. Come & go on your own schedule.

We have decided to purchase season passes. We want to find the best value hotel for our quick trips.

Looking for:
Easy free transport to the parks
Free breakfast
Under the cost of All Star Sports Resort

Anyone have a recommendation?

I think your pass gives you free parking so just drive to the parks. Come & go on your own schedule.

OP said they were getting "season" passes. Seasonal Passes do not get free parking.

Now if the OP meant Annual Passes, then yes they would get free parking.

Try Buena Vista Suites or Radisson...both listed on Mousesavers. Residence Inns are also great since you great free breakfast and have a kitchen if you want to save money and cook or reheat leftovers.

Try the comfort Inn on plam parkway it has free breakfast and shuttles to magic from magic just take the monrail to epcot or take it across to magic and walk to the Contemporary and use the disney shuttles to get to the parks .There really is no cheap hotel off site that runs shuttles all the time so you have check with the hotel to see when they run . https://www.choicehotels.com/florida/orlando/comfort-inn-hotels/flc77?source=gglocalai1

I just booked Double Tree for 4 days 3 nights Dec 13, 2015 for family of six in a suite for $450. This will be first off-site stay since 1989!! Hope I did not make a mistake :)

Depends on your price range .Not many off site hotel are going to have that great of shuttles .Most offer them like twice a day .I would recommend something on Palm Parkway it is walking distance to downtown Disney .Try the Clarion or The comfort Inn .Not many places offer free breakfast .I know the comfort dose and so dose the Clarion .
https://www.choicehotels.com/florida/lake-buena-vista/clarion-hotels/fl445?source=gglocalai

https://www.choicehotels.com/florida/orlando/comfort-inn-hotels/flc77?source=gglocalai1

I would recommend something on Palm Parkway it is walking distance to downtown Disney.

Although technically true, I'm not sure that most people would consider Palm Parkway hotels to be walking distance to Disney Springs. For example, according to Bing Maps, the distance from the Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista to the edge of Disney Springs (E Buena Vista Drive and Hotel Plaza Blvd) is 1.6 miles (2.6 kilometers).

We like Homewood Suites in Lake Buena Vista as they offer free breakfast daily as well as free dinner and drinks Mon.-Thurs. We also love the Extended Stay America Lake Buena Vista for their location, free continental breakfast, full kitchens, and warm pool. (Extended Stay is usually on Priceline & Hotwire for $50-$60 bucks a night.) However, if you're looking for a super budget motel, the Red Roof Inn is right on the public bus line which goes to Transportation Center all the time & is often $30-$40 bucks a night!

Although technically true, I'm not sure that most people would consider Palm Parkway hotels to be walking distance to Disney Springs. For example, according to Bing Maps, the distance from the Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista to the edge of Disney Springs (E Buena Vista Drive and Hotel Plaza Blvd) is 1.6 miles (2.6 kilometers).

I live not far from there and walk there all the time with no problem or just hop on the lynx bus but it's up to a person to decide where they want to walk to .
In fact I have no problem making the walk all the way to the dollar tree a lot feather up the street or to the outlets .

Many people would not have a problem walking as you do. However, I'm not one of them. I would never consider that walk in addition to a walking day in the parks.

The walk by itself is fine. It's the walk if it is pouring rain, or 90 degrees and high humidity with the sun bearing down on you. After that walk, I would be done for the day.

The hotels should have shuttles but if you use the ones on Palm Parkway and want to come back
In between shuttles and there is a long wait just use the monrail to the magic kingdom parking
Lot and use the lynx 50 bus it goes through Disney Springs (old downtown Disney ) up hotel blvd
And over on Palm Parkway for $2 a person and you can get day passes for $4.50 it makes a stop
Right next to both the comfort and the clarion or you can take it the other direction and get to Sea
World .

We stayed at the Clarion Inn and it was good for what we paid. I got a special that was under $50 a night. No free breakfast but the room has a microwave, fridge and coffee maker. It's definitely a budget hotel but I found it clean and really inexpensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter