Best UY for our likely travel dates

pmaurer74

DIS Veteran
I was thinking of Dec, Feb. or Mar UYs. Here is when we most likely would travel:
June - half the time
Dec - maybe every other year
Nov - occasionally
Oct - occasionally
Mar - occasionally
May - Occasionally

most likely never mid Jan-Feb., never Aug-Sept. probably never April unless no choice due to spring break. We are looking at BCV and WLV. I know things are hairy with WLV but it feels like "home" to us.

Maybe April? Would the June or December trips be at consistent resorts? I.E. December would always be at VWL and June would be somewhere else? There are other strategies where multiple use years can make sense.

Maybe April? Would the June or December trips be at consistent resorts? I.E. December would always be at VWL and June would be somewhere else? There are other strategies where multiple use years can make sense.
Good question. December would always be WLV and June likely somewhere else.

Good question. December would always be WLV and June likely somewhere else.
Ideally, I'd buy a small VWL contract with December use year and a separate contract for the other vacations with a March use year. Separate use years work well if the separate contracts will always and only be used for separate trips.

Ideally, I'd buy a small VWL contract with December use year and a separate contract for the other vacations with a March use year. Separate use years work well if the separate contracts will always and only be used for separate trips.
I was just thinking that. There is a 65 point BCV contract with an August UY but I think the UY would be bad for that. I was thinking of getting like a 100 WVL contract and a 50-60 point contract for BCV and using it every other year.

Your plans will likely change in a few years and the resorts you think you like may change too.

Choose the UY that covers the 8 months that you vacation the most, that's the best that you can do.

:earsboy: Bill

Oct covers all of those months. Sept also would not be terrible and while Aug doesn't cover all the times you travel it covers everything except your odd May trip to give you the extra insurance against cancelling. And that's what getting the best UY does - covers unexpected cancellations. If you never have to do that then it won't matter what UY you have.

Your plans will likely change in a few years and the resorts you think you like may change too.

Choose the UY that covers the 8 months that you vacation the most, that's the best that you can do.

:earsboy: Bill
Thank you. I've always wondered what is considered 'the best' UY depending on when you travel. I like your succinct answer. =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter