• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Use of QS Credits

Stefecatzz

"If nothing changed, there'd be no butterflies."
I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread about which QS meals are better values using the QSDDP. I've found that the Lobster Roll at the BB was a great value (and excellent meal) when I had it last year.

I have the DDP this year so for my QS credits, I am planning on going to WPE.

Does anyone else have experience w/this for recommendations? :)

WPE was good, but as far as themeing doesn't feel very "Disney". It was actually kind of plain and sterile feeling. We had very, very slow service at Bongos, and would never recommend that.

To us, the best bang for the buck, so to speak, on the dining plan was Be Our Guest, just because the food was good and the environment was SO COOL! It had a TS feel without the TS credit. Columbia Harbor House in Magic Kingdom was also really good, but didn't feel very Disney. We would certainly go back, though.

We also really liked the World Showcase CS options in France, Germany, and UK. We didn't care for the one in Morocco.

The food at Pizza Planet left a lot to be desired, and we won't go back, even though the theming was fun.

As you mentioned, I think Wolfgang Puck Express is a must-do with your quick service credits.

I also agree with Be Our Guest -- as of yesterday you can (and should) book your lunch ADR for BOG so you can get in. And, my other MK QS go-to is Columbia Harbour House.

Sunshine Seasons at The Land in Epcot is neck-and-neck with WPE as a quick-service must-do for me.

I agree with @jcarwash on all three. We always do Wolfgang for quality food. BOG is a great experience without using your TS. Our other MK go to is Cosmic Rays because portions are huge and we normally share with DD. Sunshine has huge portions and great food- always share with DD there.

CS locations that we've found that offer large portions and/or a more table service like meal for a CS price include Columbia Harbor House in MK, Sunshine Seasons in Epcot (our favorite CS; tons of options that are very different than your standard burgers & fries fare and delicious bakery options instead of prepackaged desserts you find everywhere else), Be Our Guest at MK.

Thanks for all of your responses! My favorite QS has also become Sunshine Seasons & since we will mainly be in Epcot this trip for F&G, we will definitely be eating there for one meal & Boardwalk Bakery for another. I'm not sure if we will be going to MK since it's a short trip but those suggestions were also great! :)

We really enjoyed the Katsura Grill and the Tangerine Cafe. They were huge portions, and a really nice break from sandwiches and fries :)

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread about which QS meals are better values using the QSDDP. I've found that the Lobster Roll at the BB was a great value (and excellent meal) when I had it last year.

I have the DDP this year so for my QS credits, I am planning on going to WPE.

Does anyone else have experience w/this for recommendations? :)
We enjoy the meatloaf (both entree & sandwich), ravioli (new last trip), spaghetti(meatball or meat sauce versions), salmon and the pizzas. We eat there at least 3 times a trip.
That is without any DDP . We had better dinners there then at most TS. Another good place in DTD is Cooke's of Dublin. They had a better menu last year than our prior trips. We had lunch so I could get fish and chips but there were several other choices for DH. He gave high marks to the chicken caesar wrap.

We are also using the QSDP for the first time. Since we are staying at a value this time around I anticipate the food court to be packed first thing in the morning so I was planning on grabbing something quick in the parks. For HS - Starring Rolls, For EP Sunshine Seasons and MK the Main Street Bakery.
I know it's just bagels and muffins and stuff but I figure we can handle that for 3 days.

We are also using the QSDP for the first time. Since we are staying at a value this time around I anticipate the food court to be packed first thing in the morning so I was planning on grabbing something quick in the parks. For HS - Starring Rolls, For EP Sunshine Seasons and MK the Main Street Bakery.
I know it's just bagels and muffins and stuff but I figure we can handle that for 3 days.
You can also grab cereal yogurt &other stuff at the food court the day before and eat in your room. Or get it that morning at the food court. The food court at POFQ was packed but we figured in the extra time. It seemed to be quicker overall then times we waited to get to the park to grab something. Based on the crowd we saw last year at Sunshine we were glad we already ate at POFQ.

You can also grab cereal yogurt &other stuff at the food court the day before and eat in your room. Or get it that morning at the food court. The food court at POFQ was packed but we figured in the extra time. It seemed to be quicker overall then times we waited to get to the park to grab something. Based on the crowd we saw last year at Sunshine we were glad we already ate at POFQ.

I didn't even think of that! Thanks for the tip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter