Best Universal Orlando Restaurants W/ food Allergies

RedM94

DIS Veteran
I will be traveling to Universal Orlando next month and was curious about food allergies. My son is allergic to peanuts and sesame. What are some of the best UO eateries when it comes to food allergies?

My son also has a peanut allergy, and we found all of the sit down restaurants great. We politely let our waiter know, and they have steered us in the right direction. At some, the chef has come out to guide us in the right direction as well. As for the counter service, it is mostly making sure they do not fry in peanut oil.

Luckily, her is not allergic to sesame - that would be a little more challenging. It seems that the peanut allergy warnings are getting more mainstream, but not sesame - I could see that hidden in more items.

Our biggest issue has been the baked goods - cookies, brownies, etc. There is a lot of almond/peanuts hidden in those even if they are not obvious. As stated, if it is a dessert at a table service, we have found the waiters/chefs very knowledgeable. However, there are sweets and treats everywhere, and the cart people aren't always as knowledgeable. Any hint of confusion, we move on to the next!

We have asked many times, and Butterbeer is a go!!!! I assume we would have learned differently after the first 20 or so he drank...

My DS's allergies (dairy, raw egg, and we avoid all nuts just in case) are not severe/life-threatening; however, we have been to Universal several times & not had a single issue. (He gets an itchy,swelled throat & has to take allergy meds)

Every CS and TS restaurant has always had helpful employees, who either look through a pre-printed list, show us an ingredient list, or brings out a manager or a chef to speak with us about safe options (including cross-contamination)

We have not had any bad experiences, and every worker we have told about his allergies takes it seriously.

If there are any specific items from the parks you want to know about, I have emailed Guest Services, and gotten back quick and thorough replies. (I've emailed about the Big Pink Donut and Butterbeer) They responded with a complete ingredient list for the donut & let us know of any possible allergens in Butterbeer (as that is a closely guarded secret, they cannot give out the actual ingredient list.)

HTH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter