• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best type of cup/mug to bring?

cotalisa

Earning My Ears
What type of mug, cup, or thermos do you recommend we bring..for filling up at the drink stations? or is there something there other than a small cup?

What type of mug, cup, or thermos do you recommend we bring..for filling up at the drink stations? or is there something there other than a small cup?

We just use the cups they have. They're not all that small - 8-12 oz size, I believe.

It's just one less thing to pack.

:cutie:

We take 24 ounce Tervis Tumblers with straw lids, straws and removable handles.

We bring Contigo coffee mugs from Costco. They don't leak (squeeze button on the side to open the valve to drink) they're insulated so they keep drinks cold/hot, and we pack our socks in them so they're not taking up much more room. And because you're drinking from the lid which you remove to fill, you don't have to use another cup to refill at the drink station.

I bought straw cups with lids (double walled) on sale for around $5 from the Disney Store website for each person in my family. They're cute, reusable, and Disney-themed. The only way they could be better is if they were Tervis...but then they wouldn't have been $5 each!

Each one has a different character--Mickey for my husband, Minnie for me, Tink for my daughter, and Pooh for my son.

So you can't use your own cup to refill if it doesnt have a lid?

On the Magic and Wonder there are signs asking you to use the cup provided. It's to help stop the spread of viruses.

From what others have posted the newer ships have a different dispensing system and there are no signs posted.

There is no rule that you must have a lid. However, if you bring your own cup on the classic ships, you'll need to get your drink in one of their cups and pour it into your cup. Sorry, we just use their cups.

I was thinking the exact same thing!!! :rotfl:

All joking aside, we really do bring them for the room. Handy for all sorts of things.

I have become a Tervis freak. It's the new T-shirt. Whenever I see one, I want it. We will be bring assorted ones with us. They sell lids and other accessories at Bed Bath and Beyond. We particularly like the lids with the sliding closure, which helps minimize spills.

Our sippy cups usually have a little something from the room in them. Mixes well with the beverages from the dispenser.

We just use the cups they have. They're not all that small - 8-12 oz size, I believe.

It's just one less thing to pack.

:cutie:
:thumbsup2 I agree. The less I have to pack and more importantly re-pack the better. My family has never had a problem with the size of the cups.

On the fantasy you place your cup on the small platform at the bottom of the drink station and push the button to dispense your drink. Just like at Mcdonalds or any fast food restaurant. One side has the soda and other drinks while the other has milk coffee and a selection of tea bags along with a hot water dispenser. we got the 24 oz double walled plastic glasses with lids and straws that didn't come out of the lids.

On the fantasy you place your cup on the small platform at the bottom of the drink station and push the button to dispense your drink. Just like at Mcdonalds or any fast food restaurant. One side has the soda and other drinks while the other has milk coffee and a selection of tea bags along with a hot water dispenser. we got the 24 oz double walled plastic glasses with lids and straws that didn't come out of the lids.
The Dream's drink station is the same way, but I think the Magic/Wonder still have the dispensers you have to push your cup up against.

20110131_1296.jpg

photo by Timon

We are taking large double wall tumblers with lids and straws for us, and a plastic cup with sippy top for DS. And most importantly, a small bottle of dish soap to wash them each night!

Once upon a time, DCL sold drink mugs on their ships. We still have ours and that's what we bring. Disney design, holds hot or cold liquids, spillproof with the tops if you have several to carry.

We like the new tervis tumblers they sell on board so we plan to purchase one and use. Wash first of course:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter