Best TS restaurants for kids that aren't Character Meals?

shortie88

Earning My Ears
We are doing a WDW trip in late January 2014. I'm planning on trying to do 7 TS meals if we get the dining plan. We already are planning to eat at Akershus, Tusker House- Safari Donald and Breakfast at 'Ohana for character meals and for non-character we are going to do BOG and '50s Prime Time. I've thought about Chef Mickey's just for convenience, but I'm thinking we may be charactered out after 3 meals with characters (my daughter won't be, but we will! :rotfl:) Our daughter will be 4 years old when we go, so I was looking for 2 more restaurant options that are fun for kids without being all out character focused. Any thoughts? We do like a variety of foods...so would be willing to try some of the more exotic offerings as long as it would be fun for our daughter as well :) Thanks for your input!

Coral Reef restaurant has good food and a giant fish tank to keep kids entertained. If you make an early reservation you have a better chance of requesting a table next to the tank and getting it. You can see it from any table because it is huge so don't worry if you don't get one. They give you fish guides to figure out what everything is.

Also you might want to look into the T-Rex restaurant or Rain Forest cafe at DTD. We love T-Rex more, but both are lots of fun!

I hope you have a great trip!! :cool1:

My kids (5 and 2) really enjoy The Biergarten. they love the music and going up to dance in the front. And of course that I let them eat pretzel bread as their dinner!

Some of my kids favorites that DH and I also really enjoy are Boma, Coral Reef, Beirgarten, Kona and Via Napoli.

My girls like Coral Reef because of the fish. They also liked Kona Cafe and Liberty Tree Tavern.

My kids love 'ohana (dinner), san angel inn, and chefs de france (especially when they get to see Remy).

My kids (5 and 2) really enjoy The Biergarten. they love the music and going up to dance in the front. And of course that I let them eat pretzel bread as their dinner!

Definitely this! Coral Reef is also a good choice. Maybe Whispering Canyon Cafe too.

Can I also say that, even though I don't have kids, sometimes it just being convenient is a great thing in and of itself? Chef Mickey can get you out of the park for a little while. Just a thought!

Sci Fi. My girls also like Tony's because they feel like they're in the movie, but I thought the food was so-so. They loved it (they were 7 when we last went).

A few places that come to mind...

Coral reef- fish tank to view
Sci Fi Dine-in- cheesy, campy old sci-fi movies to watch
T-rex- dinosaur theme
Rainforest cafe- rainforest/animal theme
Chefs de France- sometimes at lunch Remy is around (but no guarantees)
Biergarten- band
Raglan Road- live band and irish dancers
Ohana dinner- kids activities
Whispering Canyon Cafe- funny antics by servers

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! We decided to split the difference and do Chef Mickey's for one more character meal that is super convenient to get to and I really wanted to try Sanaa...DH and I really enjoy Indian food and DD will eat it as well (although I see there are tamer options on their menu). There are just too many yummy looking restaurants to choose from! We are also going to be snacking around WS so will get to sample some foods from there without having to sit down and dine, so that should go over well :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter